St Johnstone vs Dundee FC

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the_saints_are_coming, on 13 Apr 2015 - 13:01, said:

Saints fans don't spend every waking minute trying to convince everyone how much Dundee hate them. There will be some Saints fans that dislike Dundee, there will be some Dundee fans that dislike Saints. Dundee fans talk about Saints far more than the other way about. It's bizarre.

I find it cute that your lot actually identify yourselves as 'the Dundee haterz'.

Dundee fans are certainly more endearing than those dayglo wearing fucks . The Dees on here are good value , banter , tears and tantrums . Couple that with the sleeping giant shite and actually thinking they are relevant in scottish football terms all adds up to cracking entertainment .

Well done Dees keep it up .

Fair enough if the Dee's say they don't see us as a derby. Saints fans do see it that way, which is understandable given we don't have a city rival. In my eyes there can be no denying that there is a derby between the sides, and also a derby with United but a stronger one with the Dee's. There's a bit of history behind that. For me it has always been this way, I don't know if it was any different in the past? I suppose the cup win against United strengths a rivalry with them.

I love to hate Dundee but I don't actually hate them. Sames goes for the DAB's. I like to see the East coasters do well. Don't get me wrong though, on derby day I'll be getting the tunes in and indulge in as much Dundee hating as I can on the day.

The only teams I truly, truly despise are Rangers and Celtic. I will happily see our friends from down the Tay beat them on any given day.

Fair enough if the Dee's say they don't see us as a derby. Saints fans do see it that way, which is understandable given we don't have a city rival. In my eyes there can be no denying that there is a derby between the sides, and also a derby with United but a stronger one with the Dee's. There's a bit of history behind that. For me it has always been this way, I don't know if it was any different in the past? I suppose the cup win against United strengths a rivalry with them.

I love to hate Dundee but I don't actually hate them. Sames goes for the DAB's. I like to see the East coasters do well. Don't get me wrong though, on derby day I'll be getting the tunes in and indulge in as much Dundee hating as I can on the day.

The only teams I truly, truly despise are Rangers and Celtic. I will happily see our friends from down the Tay beat them on any given day.

This - I'm loving the look of this top 6 - got a very North East Scotland feel about it rather than the usual west coast pish.

I guess you may have nailed why I don't see this as a true derby.

Whilst I have a lot of time for Utd fans and prefer them to any OF glory hunting bigot, I never ever want to see them win. I love seeing them get beat by absolutely anyone OF included an the bigger the score the better. I felt pretty vile when we went a goal down on Saturday and I started keeping an eye on Utd's score hoping they would at least scrape a draw or win....

If St. Johnstone are playing the OF or Utd I will want you to win every single time (unless it prejudices Dundees chances of achieving something of course) and thats maybe the difference,

Saints fans don't spend every waking minute trying to convince everyone how much Dundee hate them. There will be some Saints fans that dislike Dundee, there will be some Dundee fans that dislike Saints. Dundee fans talk about Saints far more than the other way about. It's bizarre.

Do you, or do you not, tour the grounds of Scotland (albeit in very small numbers) telling everyone you are the Dundee haters?

Have you ever heard Dundee (or Utd fans) sing a song about St. Johnstone apart from in matches against them?

Thanks

No there won't.

Very strange comment, different people have personal reasons for disliking clubs. For instance I really dislike Aberdeen as the people I know who support them I tend to dislike. Unless you are on speaking terms with 20000 Dundee supporters that's a very strange conclusion to come to.

I know every single Dundee fan m8 and not one of them dislike St Johnstone. The word is indifferent.

In terms of dislike the Ugly Sisters win by a country mile. I also have a real dislike for Chelsea, Liverpool, Man United, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

To be honest Saints would not rare highly on the dislike scale except in a match against them - but then I'd be the same if we were playing Inverurie Locos.

The atmosphere was a bit of a disappointment IMO. Given the way that a lot of Saints supporters feel about Dundee, I was expecting more animosity. Taking Paul McGowan's recent indiscretions into account, I was fully expecting massive 'boos' whenever he touched the ball. Nobody seemed to give a shit.

Anyway, I personally have nothing against Dundee. A number of my family members support Dundee, my name is on a brick at Dens Park and I hate Dundee United.

Think that's the same with most clubs in Scotland, it's only really the old firm you hope to see getting beaten each week.

Like many Saints fans, I was hoping dundee made the top 6, far more interesting a fixture than killie or hamilton again.

The whole hate Dundee thing, though you don't hear it too much these days, for most saintees I always thought it meant both dundee clubs and the city, that was the case for me and my mates growing up. Since the early 90's utd have probably been as much a rival for us as dundee have.

It's good now dundee have emerged from Forfar's shadow as Tayside' third force that we can get a fresh challenge to our recent supremacy. The two dundee teams can argue about who cares less about us while we go gallivanting round Europe once more. :)

I hate every c**t we play when we are playing them but only really hate two clubs. Sellick and Sevco ( if that makes sense) For me, any " we hate Dundee" stuff is banter/wind up shite. Getting a few thousand mental Turks singing "f**k you Dundee, f**k you Dundee" was a hoot.... I do though, see games against the Dees and the DABs as derbies. Not city derbies but Tayside derbies ( much like Motherwell v Hamilton being a Lanarkshire derby.

The other reason I don't actually hate Dundee as a Saints fan is because these days. they are a bit of an irrelevance and of little threat to us. The only time recently that they were actually any good was when they were spending money they didn't have ( and we all know how that ended don't we)

Being honest, St Johnstone are an irrelevance to Dundee. I don't class it as a Derby, but I do prefer it to other games in the division as the atmosphere is usually a bit spicier (Due to St Johnstone fans classing it as a Derby) and its locality.

Usually a cracking game on offer between the sides as well.

Usually being the key word as neither of these things came to fruition on Saturday.

Archived