St Johnstone vs Dundee FC

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure I saw about 300 Union Jacks in the North Stand tbh, someone was urinating on a picture of the Pope too.

Was it St Johnstone or Hamilton who sung 'we hate Dundee more than you' when playing United?

Hamilton. I was talking to Hartley (CLANG) at Hamilton earlier in the season and he was talking about the abuse he was getting from Accies fans while he was doing his punditry bit at NDP. "They really hates us, eh?" was his words with a wry smile and a glint in his eye.

I can understand St Johnstones hatred but I'm still at a loss where the history is with Accies. Is it because their fooligans have been rolled over every time they've tried to have a pop at us?

Dundee fans are utterly obsessed with St Johnstone. It's kinda cute.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've nothing but admiration for your club. I feel sorry for you, in that, such a well run and relatively successful club attracts so few fans. I'm sure I'm not unique, within the dark blue faithful, in my way of thinking.

You hate us more than we hate you.

Hamilton. I was talking to Hartley (CLANG) at Hamilton earlier in the season and he was talking about the abuse he was getting from Accies fans while he was doing his punditry bit at NDP. "They really hates us, eh?" was his words with a wry smile and a glint in his eye.

Adam Woodyatt to play you in the film?

I will always like the saintees after they pumped the dayglo c***s in the final. To see that Lorraine Kelly boot, seething was absolutely glorious.

Spot on and for that I will be eternally grateful to the saints from the fair city of Perth.

Same, no ill will towards plucky wee Saints and I celebrated their SC Final goals almost as much as I do Dundee's goals* - not ashamed to admit that. (*just regular goals - not SC final ones before anyone points that out :P)

The way they run around trying to manufacture a rivalry is endearing but I would happily take 4 defeats to St. Johnstone per season in exchange for 4 (proper) derby wins.

The reason we carry a larger than usual away support to Perth is nothing to do with derby rivalry and all to do with proximity and cost combined with a decent away day. Saturdays even more impressive than usual attendance was all to do with the crest of the derby wave and nothing more. This was borne out by the atmosphere which certainly was not of derby proportions.

Every thread between the teams turns in to Dundee fans trying to convince everyone how they don't care about Saints. It's as if they need teams to dislike them to compensate for the fact they've not won a proper trophy for over fifty years. An irrelevance in footballing terms.

ETA ^^^ I rest my case.

Are you going to ignore the Saints fans trying to convince everyone its a derby? I suppose it is all Dundee fans then?

Archived