St Johnstone vs Dundee FC

The White cafu has shown versatility and has really stepped up this season. He never hides, even when he's playing shite and everyone is on his back. I think he's a good squad player and a good pro to have at the club. Personally I'd deffo keep him for next year. Not as 1st choice but I'd have him in the squad.

I'd agree that his versatility would come in handy but I'd rather not offer him another deal if it'll mean Cammy Kerr is third choice RB again. He seems to be getting good reviews at Peterhead so he's probably ready to challenge McGinn for the RB slot next season.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but can we not call Gary Irvine a 'key' player. Yes, he's been decent but he's still far short of what we need. I wouldn't be surprised to see him released.

Maybe he is, but as far as our squad goes he's a key player for us. Makes a huge difference when he's in the team ahead of Dyer.

Until we get a better LB I'd rather have Irvine starting there than dyer.

If we do get a new 1st choice LB I'd rather have Irvine on the bench than dyer.

If we get two decent LB's in the summer, then I'm happy enough for him to move on.

Love to know Tommie's thinking when making the substitutions??

Surely should have been McLean for Kane and Wotherspoon for Mr Tumble...

Still a flat win and still a chance of another european trip.

Shit atmosphere too, why were the Dundee fans so quiet??

Had a little bit of the fear after seeing them beat United midweek then I remembered United are crap and we've beaten them in something like seven of the last nine games we've played against them. Dundee offered pretty much nothing and Brian Graham is surely well on the road to a contract offer. He was infinitely better than MacLean today and links up quite well with MOH which leads me to think him and Kane up front together might be quite interesting. Will never happen though, Tommy clearly has his favourites.

Had a little bit of the fear after seeing them beat United midweek then I remembered United are crap and we've beaten them in something like seven of the last nine games we've played against them. Dundee offered pretty much nothing and Brian Graham is surely well on the road to a contract offer. He was infinitely better than MacLean today and links up quite well with MOH which leads me to think him and Kane up front together might be quite interesting. Will never happen though, Tommy clearly has his favourites.

So what's your problem? You got a result against your biggest rivals (just a pity you are not their biggest rivals). Whats your issue with Tommy? If he has his favorites and the team are ending up in the top half of the league what's the problem?????

My guess would be that the football is turgid the tactics are often negative and the selections and substitutions are baffling. And if you are paying £20+ week after week I imagine you are questioning life right now.

I found Wright's comments on the radio after quite interesting and as ever honest, he talked about grinding things out this season and being the first team to make the top six with under 30 goals.

I haven't been to many games this year so I don't have the anger or frustration of others but I don't think results wise you can argue that Wright has done well considering the shit sandwich he was served in the summer by the midget.

Very little between the teams as results of the three games so far suggest. Yesterday was poor though, played on a pretty poor surface and a strong wind. We tried at times to play tippy happy stuff then shit ourselves when a chance to shoot arose and depend too much on Greg Stewart who was clearly not fit. Missing Mcpake and especially Thomson leaves a big hole in our team and thought the wee boy with the flappy hair in saints midfield just tidied up everything up for them! Was surprised j Mac taken off, know he can't be fully fit yet but he looked ok and McGinn who had his poorest game for us got 90mins. Saints are a stuffy team, hard to break down and not pretty on the eye but the big dab took his goal well and the inside of the post stopped it being a draw. Think Mannus had one decent save to make in the first half and can't remember any of the keepers being really tested again. Atmosphere in our end was pretty flat, like the game but that's also down to it being all ticket, wish they'd make these games pay at the gate, there's scope there for us getting around 3500 seats without causing segregation problems, in this day and age that's plenty and no need for it to be all ticket

So what's your problem? You got a result against your biggest rivals (just a pity you are not their biggest rivals). Whats your issue with Tommy? If he has his favorites and the team are ending up in the top half of the league what's the problem?????

I don't have a "problem" or an "issue" with Tommy. My main criticism of him would be that sometimes I think he sells us a bit short. Like he thinks we are more limited than we are. Yes we lost a lot of goals in May but I think he sets us out way too defensively at times and that's never going to be conducive to goals.

Waldo Ponce's post sums it up fairly well. It's good financially for the club to finish as high up the league as possible but we haven't been good to watch this season.

I just cant fathom how TW could think MacLean was a better option to keep on than Graham. Genuinely no idea.

Still amazed at Frazer Wright and Dave Mackay btw. Apparently take pain killing injections before every game just to get through them, yet manage so many games in quick succession.

Dundee fans taking the piss out of fans of other clubs is a "Pure Minter".

f**k me, have you never looked at half the folk in the Derry? All the young laddies have perms and all the older lads are still wearing double denim with addidas sambas.

I've heard more noise in the Wellgate Library than what I did from the Dundee fans yesterday.

Very little between the teams as results of the three games so far suggest. Yesterday was poor though, played on a pretty poor surface and a strong wind. We tried at times to play tippy happy stuff then shit ourselves when a chance to shoot arose and depend too much on Greg Stewart who was clearly not fit. Missing Mcpake and especially Thomson leaves a big hole in our team and thought the wee boy with the flappy hair in saints midfield just tidied up everything up for them! Was surprised j Mac taken off, know he can't be fully fit yet but he looked ok and McGinn who had his poorest game for us got 90mins. Saints are a stuffy team, hard to break down and not pretty on the eye but the big dab took his goal well and the inside of the post stopped it being a draw. Think Mannus had one decent save to make in the first half and can't remember any of the keepers being really tested again. Atmosphere in our end was pretty flat, like the game but that's also down to it being all ticket, wish they'd make these games pay at the gate, there's scope there for us getting around 3500 seats without causing segregation problems, in this day and age that's plenty and no need for it to be all ticket

the problem with ticket situation is your club always tell saints in advance to expect anything up to 4000 ( as again happened for this match). If saints didn't make all ticket and 4100 turned up we would get slaughtered for being amateur etc. The problem lies with your board of directors

Dundee fans taking the piss out of fans of other clubs is a "Pure Minter".

f**k me, have you never looked at half the folk in the Derry? All the young laddies have perms and all the older lads are still wearing double denim with addidas sambas.

I've heard more noise in the Wellgate Library than what I did from the Dundee fans yesterday.

I haven't seen anyone post on how your fans looked. Can you point it out please.

I have posted on the chants that an 11 year old would be embarrassed of though.

My favourite bit of the whole game was when Bain done the fancy skill and the dee fans chanted scotty scotty Bain. 30 seconds later he was picking the ball out of the net. Why was the dundee end so quiet? Think they sang 2 songs all day

We were quiet because it's hard to get up for games against run of the mill teams after a proper derby.

Unfortunately it's a feeling you will never know. You should just say thanks for the money from a travelling support which frankly makes your home gate even more embarrassing.

We will get the 3 points in the 4th meeting.

Archived