St Johnstone vs Dundee FC

A draw would probably be enough to see us guarantee top 6. That being said, there's nothing to stop us aiming a little bit higher than that as we're right in the mix with St Johnstone and United as well and a win would go a long way to furthering our cause before a tough game against Celtic.

Games between us two have been close this season, we'll be riding on a high after last night and no doubt Perthshire's finest will be wanting to take us down a peg or two.

Had made other plans for Saturday, I reckon they'll be getting cancelled as this is a huge game now.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not really payed much attention to St Johnstone so I don't know how well their doing but if we play like we did tonight but with Harkins back then we have a good chance of winning it, I can't remember the last time I said that. Heffernan should start before Clarkson, I don't know if Irvine will still be out but I'd have him in before Dyer.

How many tickets are left for our end? I've been waiting to get them all week but my mate (who is the definition of a part timer) was waiting to see what would happen tonight. He said he'd go up tomorrow but I'd imagine there'd be others doing the same.

St Johnstone seem statistically, very weak up front, with only 28 goals all season. Obviously they're a decent unit though, conceding 10 less goals than us with an extra game played. It's gonna be a tight game I reckon, especially if we're nursing some knocks after tonight.

Dundee the form team for this one. To be honest Saints have had very few memorable performances this season, we are where we are due to a solid experienced defence and keeper and being resolute. It's hard to know what we're going to get, and you won't find too many overly-optimistic Saints fans just now.

Still, as much as I think the whole top 6 split thing is a bit of a makey uppy nothing of an achievement, it has given both clubs a massive game to look forward to at this stage when otherwise the season would be fizzling out.

Should be a great crowd on a beautiful sunny day. Definitely not a derby though

Ideal for me would be both Saints and the coagies to finish top 6, would far rather play our neighbours again than have to play Accies once more. Worst case scenario of bottom 6 and having to play nothing fixtures against st mirren, partick thistle and kilmarnock doesn't bear thinking about.

Utd and Accies to draw, Saints to win 7-2 on Saturday, then Dundee to beat celtic. Happy days, then the three way Battle of Tayside for fourth place and possible European qualification can begin.

6 posts before our attendance is mentioned? Come on Dundee your slipping ;)

As been mentioned already, our performances have been lacking this season, is this due to a loss of May, Davidson's continued injury issues and an Ageing defense? maybe

Going for a 1-0 saints win here and hopefully we retain our rightful place in the top 6.

As far as i'm aware saints will be guaranteed Top 6 if united beat Hamilton, but a win here would be even better.

Come on you Saints

6 posts before our attendance is mentioned? Come on Dundee your slipping ;)

As been mentioned already, our performances have been lacking this season, is this due to a loss of May, Davidson's continued injury issues and an Ageing defense? maybe

Going for a 1-0 saints win here and hopefully we retain our rightful place in the top 6.

As far as i'm aware saints will be guaranteed Top 6 if united beat Hamilton, but a win here would be even better.

Come on you Saints

There has only been 1 league game all season we haven't scored in and that was Celtic at Dens so u lot in Perth will need to score 2 to win.

1-2 The Dees, Greg Stewart and Heffernan.

I've got a strange feeling that we'll play really well in this one. We seem to be a team who likes to annoy it's fans, with abject performances. At home however when we've needed to we have raised the game and played really well. I suspect this might be one of those times.

Will it be enough, I've no idea. I know Dundee, whilst winning weren't playing massively well, last night excluded. So we shall see, either way it's shaping up to be a glorious game of football whatever side you're supporting.

Maybe out extra days rest will have helped some tired legs though.

Bleh. We cant score and we've stopped keeping clean sheets. While Dundee look rampant all over the park.

2-0 saints

There has only been 1 league game all season we haven't scored in and that was Celtic at Dens so u lot in Perth will need to score 2 to win.

1-2 The Dees, Greg Stewart and Heffernan.

We drew 0-0 with Caley on 13th August but apart from that your right. 'Mon The Dees get fired intae these boring Tory voting fermers!

Archived