Thistle v 'Well at the Maryhill San Siro

Coming down for this.

If Straker scores I'm getting naked.

Might be your last chance - Hammel is playing with the '20s during the week - you'd imagine he'd be straight back into the team after the split...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of those ones that most of the guys I know that only go very occasionally are all planning to be there - so based on that "evidence" there is a good chance that it will 1400-1500 - we had 950 at Killie last week IIRC - so it wouldn't take a huge effort to get to those numbers...

Be good to see decent Well numbers as would also be nice to see good turnout from us. Despite the importance of this game I still expect home crowd to be a bit quiet as per rest of this season.

A must win for the Well as County will take at least 4 off St Mirren on the Monday night. Expect no mercy Thistle, 3-1 to the Steelmen.

I'm fairly confident of us getting something from this game as well, and have actually stuck some dough on us to win 3-1.

Overconfidence? Time will tell.

I welcome our Motherwellian overlords.

I'll probably settle for a 2-0 defeat as they sound like some team.

How is they're recent away form by the way?

Looking forward travelling through to Glesga tomorrow. I don't share the same level of confidence to win as much a lot of other Well fans. Simply because I have still concerns defensively due to the keeper and left back, they will cost us goals in my view.

Providing Pearo and Johnson is fit then I think we may shade it. Tough Tough game as Thistle will likely be safe if they win. Another Erwin / Skippy performance like last week will do for me.

How is they're recent away form by the way?

Our recent 2-1 away victory at Killie showed that we are now confident of getting results both home and away. The predicted large Well support will be expecting a repeat of the Killie match. Injury wise we are probably the fittest that we have been all season with only Stevie Hammel missing from our regular starting eleven. You will be facing our strongest side, consequently, you will need to be at your best to get anything from the game (as will we). It should be a really good match with an almost cup tie feel about it. I am gutted to be working tomorrow and sadly I won’t be able to make the game. :(

Our recent 2-1 away victory at Killie showed that we are now confident of getting results both home and away. The predicted large Well support will be expecting a repeat of the Killie match. Injury wise we are probably the fittest that we have been all season with only Stevie Hammel missing from our regular starting eleven. You will be facing our strongest side, consequently, you will need to be at your best to get anything from the game (as will we). It should be a really good match with an almost cup tie feel about it. I am gutted to be working tomorrow and sadly I won’t be able to make the game. :(

Cheers. How was the form away prior to the killie game?

Cheers. How was the form away prior to the killie game?

Pish - as bad as I can remember for a long time. That said - in the current run of good performances, we were also very decent up at Pittodrie even if we shat the bed at 1-0 up...

Pish - as bad as I can remember for a long time. That said - in the current run of good performances, we were also very decent up at Pittodrie even if we shat the bed at 1-0 up...

Fair play. You'll be playing us again at Fir Park in the split for sure. So if you could calm the jets for 90 minutes that would be very much appreciated x

Thank you.

I think a lot of Motherwell fans are getting a bit carried away because we beat atrocious Hamilton and St. Mirren teams. Partick are much better than either of those.

Hopefully we win though cos otherwise we are fucked baring a miracle in Paisley.

I think a lot of Motherwell fans are getting a bit carried away because we beat atrocious Hamilton and St. Mirren teams. Partick are much better than either of those.

Hopefully we win though cos otherwise we are fucked baring a miracle in Paisley.

Agree with all of that - but on the other hand, we're in as good shape going into this as we are likely to be, so we've got a chance..

Thistle are playing well too. They managed a 0-0 at Pittodire which is better than we managed with largely the same team that has brought us 3 straight wins.

All in all it has the making of a good game and decent atmosphere. On the basis of current form I predict a Desmond 2-2. A win would be better but I feel we will slip up somewhere.

Hopefully St Mirren grow a pair and give Ross County a shock defeat /draw. Not likely but you live in hope.

Tougher fixture than midweek no doubt, but still feel another pumping will be dished out. 5-1 well. I even think Straker will get on the scoresheet, I am sure of that as I'm sure I will have a bout of the skoot if I sample a McGhies pie at half time tomorrow.

Actually avoided looking at the league table in recent weeks as midden, county and well were all cut adrift at the bottom, just seemed killie and thistle were picking up points, can't believe it can be cut down to almost one.

midden, county and well were all cut adrift at the bottom, just seemed killie and thistle were picking up points, can't believe it can be cut down to almost one.

If results go Motherwell's way, we could be 9 points behind Accies in 7th with 15 to play for.

A win for us tomorrow will blow the whole race for the playoff place wide open.

Archived