Brechin City v Stirling Albion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand why folk like Glebe Park. Pitch is aways a right state in the second half of the season, the pitch is too narrow, the hedge hides the fact the view down the side of the pitch is rank and the slope is huge.

Can't understand why folk like Glebe Park. Pitch is aways a right state in the second half of the season, the pitch is too narrow, the hedge hides the fact the view down the side of the pitch is rank and the slope is huge.

Its got a bit of character about it and not just 4 empty stands thrown up ( we ve 1 empty stand ) ha ha , pitch has not been a mess since it was fixed 2 seasons ago ! But your entitled to your opinion ! Try sittin in back of big stand and you may see it in a different light ?

I agree, it's not a ground I'd rush back to.

Not next season anyway!

I agree to a point about the view and the question has been asked a few times on whether the electric boxes on the pylons can be moved above head height. Unfortunately we have been told they can't at present. However , when Stirling Albion come visiting I doubt very much if there is a problem finding a good view due to the crowd. If you are standing against the barrier your view is unrestricted. There is also the added bonus of being right above the linesman to keep him right on decisions.

As has been said, the pitch has had substantial work done recently and is in good condition. It is slightly narrow but that doesn't stop teams playing a wide game . As for the slope, try going to Wick . Now that is a slope !!

Good luck in your fight for league survival next season ! ;)

Not wanting to rub this in for Stirling fans, but looking at the table I couldn't believe you're still only 11 points behind (I say only...) Stenny and Ayr despite being awful the whole season, even a wee semi decent run of form like 2 wins and a draw in the last few months would have put you right in the mix and given you something to play for. There's no doubt you're the worst team, but regardless you should have had enough to at least make a challenge of it. It's a shame your season has just gone out with a whimper, when due to Stenny and Ayr's pishness you could have made a real battle out of it.

That was end of season stuff !! We deserved our win against a stuffy Stirling we really need a striker in for Nxt season ! How many sitters did we miss today ?? Jacko scored with the hardest chance of all ! A performance to forget but we ll take the points .....

Well it went to plan, a narrow Brechin victory over the Albion today. This means relegation for the Albion to League 2 next season as expected.

It was nice to have been in League 1 but its back to the basement next season for us, hopefully we can build a new squad in the summer in our bid for promotion.

Things can only get better as they say !

Its understandable that you feel like this seeing as you beat when you come to the glebe. Doesn't matter where you stand you're shit. Players arguing, terrible passing. I could go on but seeing as you'll be enjoying League 2 football in souless all seater stadium I think that'll be punishment enough :lol:

We were lucky to win that one had plenty of chances we just didn't take them. As for the people standing behind me today that call them self supporters shouting abuse at the players and telling them they are useless there's just no need for it you are there to support your team and get behind them not hurl abuse at them it helps no one

We were lucky to win that one had plenty of chances we just didn't take them. As for the people standing behind me today that call them self supporters shouting abuse at the players and telling them they are useless they are there's just no need for it you are there to support your team and get behind them not hurl abuse at them it helps no one

That was not me before anyone starts !!!!!!!

We're the shouts in the stand?? If so then they were made by Stirling supporters. I ended up watching the game from the corner flag next to the pie shed but heard it.

Anyway, fair play. I thought Brechin were good for their win and it could have easily been another scudding if they'd taken their chances. Think 3 or 4 sitters were missed and they also had a real good shout for a penalty in the 2nd half.

A lot of our players need to take a long hard look at themselves, an embarrassing season that has now ended with a whimper instead of a fight.

Reidford & Forsyth done well, Stirling done as well as he could with no movement in front of him and Sandy was brilliant when he came on, that aside......meh!

Roll on the summer clear out, good luck to Brechin in their promotion push.

No was at the hedge side by the left of the camera shed was brechin supporters it the same guy every week if we're not winning good luck to Stirling next season hooefuly they come back up a batter team

Stirling Albion Chip Shop FC? :P

We're the shouts in the stand?? If so then they were made by Stirling supporters. I ended up watching the game from the corner flag next to the pie shed but heard it.

Anyway, fair play. I thought Brechin were good for their win and it could have easily been another scudding if they'd taken their chances. Think 3 or 4 sitters were missed and they also had a real good shout for a penalty in the 2nd half.

A lot of our players need to take a long hard look at themselves, an embarrassing season that has now ended with a whimper instead of a fight.

Reidford & Forsyth done well, Stirling done as well as he could with no movement in front of him and Sandy was brilliant when he came on, that aside......meh!

Roll on the summer clear out, good luck to Brechin in their promotion push.

It shows how low your expectations have fallen if that was a brilliant performance from Sandy.

We were lucky to win that one had plenty of chances we just didn't take them. As for the people standing behind me today that call them self supporters shouting abuse at the players and telling them they are useless there's just no need for it you are there to support your team and get behind them not hurl abuse at them it helps no one

Could'nt agree more Rossco!

That guy is a complete tool!

Every bloody week it is the same drivel that comes oot o his mooth!

For the size of the club,town and support,we are punching well above our weight and he should be proud of where the team are at,rather than moaning constantly at the players!

We all have a moan,but with him,it is relentless!

Probably never kicked a ball in his life either!

Archived