Daredevil

King Kebab

Just finished season 2. Prefered the first, however this too was excellent. I thought some of the scenes were amazing. The fight scene down the stairs vs the bikers was stunning.

vincent d'onofrio is awesome. Utterly brilliant.

Not as good as the first season of DD or anywhere close to season 1 of JJ. The first 7 episodes were still very good and the change in some the main show runners weren't particularly noticeable however it fell to pieces in the last 5 episodes.

On the positive side the corridor/stairwell fight in E3 was one of the best bits of any TV series. Both as an amazing fight scene in it's own right but as a character development piece for DD in comparison with the similar corridor fight scene in the first season.

On the negative side for the last 5:

- Foggy became a complete irrelevance, including the random insertion into the final fight scene.

- Karen suddenly became a reporter with her own office, her boss was then able to get 2 ordinary beat cops to look after her when they thought she was at risk (clearly a skillset all Editors have), the 2 cops then appear to be the dumbest cops ever when the 'Punishers' MO from that episode is to shot from across the block at his targets so they then protect her by checking her apartment and not the building across the road, etc...

- The Hand Ninja appear to be worse fighters than the biker gang.

- The Hole. Why? Was it an allegory for the many plot holes

- The Black Smith and the rushing of the ending, clumsy together of a few plot strands in the discovery.

I could go on but it's just souring me even more to it.

Finally got around to watching season 2. Not as amazing as the first but still really holds my interest. Although I feel a tad worn out now. Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight  :lol: Just relentless.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Going by the logo on the back of the jackets that the cast and crew are wearing during filming, I think you can hazard a guess as to who the main protagonist is thus season!!!

Hopefully in a "Working-For-Kingpin" kind of way!!!

IMG_4026.jpg.5b6f42155d4416a91f75d262086dffa4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually not the best of seasons, and can defo see it being canned now with the rest, it was alright nothing spectacular, once again its the villain at times that carries this show, fisk is outstanding, just not enough of him, bullseye was good although they went a massively different path with him

• 2 weeks later...

like all the Marvel Netflix shows, there is too much padding and too many redundant conversations. I think Daredevil is the best of all the Marvel Netflix shows and when it is good it is excellent but I feel needs to be either 20 mins shorter per episode or reduced the season to a 6/7 episode run.....

• 3 weeks later...