Queens v The improving Sevco

4:1 is still 4:1 mate.

Chasing the game :lol:

It wasnt just the 4-1. The all round performance, and that is what we are talking about, was such an improvement on previous games.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your support Tedi and No8. You're both spot on. Probable postings will be if Rangers win on Thursday....' it was only because QOS are totally focusing on the Falkirk match.'

QOS will be more than trying on Thursday as Fowler will know if they do lose to Falkirk three points against Rangers will more than keep them in the mix. Plus a win against Rangers will more than lift their confidence going into the Falkirk match.

PS. Reilly's has very good movement, a good finisher and is pacey like Carmichael. I think Dan Carmichael will play wide right. So if they do decide to overload on our left side to stop Wallace it will give us more room on the right.

Thanks for your support Tedi and No8. You're both spot on. Probable postings will be if Rangers win on Thursday....' it was only because QOS are totally focusing on the Falkirk match.'

QOS will be more than trying on Thursday as Fowler will know if they do lose to Falkirk three points against Rangers will more than keep them in the mix. Plus a win against Rangers will more than lift their confidence going into the Falkirk match.

PS. Reilly's has very good movement, a good finisher and is pacey like Carmichael. I think Dan Carmichael will play wide right. So if they do decide to overload on our left side to stop Wallace it will give us more room on the right.

MT is at it. I don't actually believe he believes half the things he posts about Rangers.

According to thick diddies Rangers

never win due to their outstanding play. It is either Masonic officials cheating or the opponents not turning up. It just isnt really worth debating with them. SD out diddied MT here by a distance.

The thick diddies should go back and read the relevant match threads. The Hibs one being a particular favourite

which hibs thread. Would it be the 1 that spawned the 411 club I liked that 1.

Fans sometimes get caught up on late goals. Thinking they are more lucky than good play. Professional managers and players play for 90 mins. They will take a goal at anytime of the game. Gawd the score was Rangers 4-1 at 90 mins. 1-1 on 83 mins has no bearing on the ft score. However you are totally right it's the overall improved performance which is noticeable factor. The performances that was being served up by Rangers prior was just awful.

No8 another one in denial about exactly where their club stand at the minute.

Aww Cmon. After the shit we have had to endure for the last 3 years and this season in particular i think i have earned the right to enjoy our recent form.

As for being in denial...Read what i wrote on the Hearts thread. I said even if we had played like this from the first to the last game it would have been very difficult to compete with Hearts who have been excellent .

Eta...Oh and i did say that although i believe we will win the Championship play offs we might struggle against County and Motherwell who like Rangers have hit form at the right time.

You coud get a job on the coaching staff at Greyskull.

Edited to ask, are you Charlie in disguise?

MT is at it. I don't actually believe he believes half the things he posts about Rangers.

Go on then No8.

Pinpoint where I've posted anything wildly contentious in this discussion, or that I'm unlikely to actually believe in.

If you read my posts, you'll see that I've avoided saying anything about the win over Hearts being a reflection of Hearts having chucked it.

That of course would require you however, to interpret what I say by preventing your prejudices from kicking in.

Fans sometimes get caught up on late goals. Thinking they are more lucky than good play. Professional managers and players play for 90 mins. They will take a goal at anytime of the game. Gawd the score was Rangers 4-1 at 90 mins. 1-1 on 83 mins has no bearing on the ft score. However you are totally right it's the overall improved performance which is noticeable factor. The performances that was being served up by Rangers prior was just awful.

Nobody's suggesting late goals owe everything to luck. The draws Rangers had at home to us and Alloa a couple of weeks before, resulted from late equalisers.

Of course, they are valid and count.

All that's being said is that the Cowdenbeath game came pretty close to yielding yet another awful result for Rangers. That's part of the context in which this improved run should sensibly be considered.

You've struggled plenty since the re-birth, apart from during the middle season.What's your point?

Finish by asking a question when you know exactly what my point is. A point which i know is true but for some reason you are trying to deny.

Nobody's suggesting late goals owe everything to luck. The draws Rangers had at home to us and Alloa a couple of weeks before, resulted from late equalisers.Of course, they are valid and count.All that's being said is that the Cowdenbeath game came pretty close to yielding yet another awful result for Rangers. That's part of the context in which this improved run should sensibly be considered.

Wow. Still doesnt see it. It isnt so much the results , impressive as they are, but more the huge improvement of performance both as a team and as individuals. Looks like everybody else can see it except you.

Wow. Still doesnt see it. It isnt so much the results , impressive as they are, but more the huge improvement of performance both as a team and as individuals. Looks like everybody else can see it except you.

No, an improvement is evident, but some of us think it's being overstated.

It was the Annan pitch that brutally assaulted Templeton. You've done alright at Falkirk in recent seasons though haven't you?You also won on ours in the Ramsden's last season.

Pretty sure we scored two very late goals against Falkirk and were very lucky to win.

I am sure you claimed were lucky to win at Palmerston. Did you not have a player sent off?

You also claimed we have struggled except for last season. Utter nonsense. We were brutal to watch for most of last season and struggled in many games against what was relatively poor opposition.

Tbh i am struggling to find anything in any of your posts that is wholely accurate.

Finish by asking a question when you know exactly what my point is. A point which i know is true but for some reason you are trying to deny.

Oh, what now?

I'm guessing your point is that Rangers struggle on plastic pitches, but if I'm wrong I'm afraid that I can't really be bothered working out what you cryptically do mean.

You supported your point by highlighting poor Rangers results on plastic. I aimed for balance by highlighting better performances. There must be several more I've missed given that your away record was virtually 100% last season.

You'd start a fight in an empty (big) hoose.

Pretty sure we scored two very late goals against Falkirk and were very lucky to win.

I am sure you claimed were lucky to win at Palmerston. Did you not have a player sent off?

You also claimed we have struggled except for last season. Utter nonsense. We were brutal to watch for most of last season and struggled in many games against what was relatively poor opposition.

Tbh i am struggling to find anything in any of your posts that is wholely accurate.

Ah jeez, do late goals now betray great fortune after all?

Go away. Work out what you do actually think, then post it.

There's a good chap.

No, an improvement is evident, but some of us think it's being overstated.

That would be the same 'Us' who were mocking Rangers before the Hibs game? The same 'Us' who were gambling their mortgages on Hibs at -1?

Now who do you think is in the best position to judge Rangers revival... People who go and watch Rangers in every game or people who judge how games have gone by what BBC Scotland pundits say?

Ah jeez, do late goals now betray great fortune after all?Go away. Work out what you do actually think, then post it.There's a good chap.

We were fortunate to beat Falkirk over the entire 90 minutes. The difference between that game and the recent Cowdenbeath game is Rangers totally controlled the recent game , Mohsni brain fart aside.

The Rangers have clearly improved under McCall, which was inevitable when you replace an incompetent non-entity with an actual football manager. After watching Ally's hoofball for the past few years it's no wonder the fans are getting a bit excited over recent performances.

I'm sure McCall will be the first to say though that his team are far from where they want to be.

The Hibs result was a shock at the time, but their subsequent results suggest they are on a downward spiral. I suppose it is fair enough to suggest that The Rangers kick-started this decline though.

Beating Cowdenbeath barely deserves mentioning, and the victory over Hearts, satisfying as I'm sure it was, doesn't really tell you much. You'd have to be fairly deluded to claim that the performance they put in was Hearts operating at 100%.

I think it's fair to say that Thursday night represents the first true test of "the McCall era". We are even over the head-to-heads, earning a draw at Ibrox about a month ago, and we comfortably outplayed them on their last visit.

Of course if we lose we can legitimately claim that our eyes were on the Falkirk game.

That would be the same 'Us' who were mocking Rangers before the Hibs game? The same 'Us' who were gambling their mortgages on Hibs at -1?

No, of course it wouldn't - don't be so silly.

The 'us' would comprise the handful of Queens fans on this thread who've suggested that the transformation under McCall is being exaggerated.

I'm pretty certain that none of us gambled our mortgages at -1, or even made the remotest nod, in jest or otherwise, in that direction.

Archived