Queens v The improving Sevco

palmy_cammy, on 06 Apr 2015 - 13:30, said:

IIf you can't fathom why a highly winnable home tie against our direct rival might be considered higher priority than a slightly less winnable home tie against a better team then there's no helping you.

There's a difference between prioritising, and blatantly acting like the game doesn't matter, like Monkey Tennis is doing.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping to get a ticket some time this week for this one. I see this as RAngers toughest fixture in the run in. QoS were excellent the last time we were down there and it was , imo, the best league performance against Rangers in the last 3 years.

Will be interesting to see who comes in for BIg JIg .... Mohsni as a straight replacement or a young right back and move McGregor into the middle?

Hopefully McCall utilises the plastic pitches we have at Murray Park in the build up to this game. Unbelievable the previrus management complained about playing on these surfaces when we have 3 or 4 similar pitches at our own training complex!!

Hoping to get a ticket some time this week for this one. I see this as RAngers toughest fixture in the run in. QoS were excellent the last time we were down there and it was , imo, the best league performance against Rangers in the last 3 years.

Will be interesting to see who comes in for BIg JIg .... Mohsni as a straight replacement or a young right back and move McGregor into the middle?

Hopefully McCall utilises the plastic pitches we have at Murray Park in the build up to this game. Unbelievable the previrus management complained about playing on these surfaces when we have 3 or 4 similar pitches at our own training complex!!

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was pointed out on here after McCoist made a teary-eyed interview blaming the pitch, that not only do you have plastic pitches at Murray Park, you actually have an identical pitch to the one at Palmerston.

Really looking forward to this game should be very interesting.

Queens winning away at Hibs on sat & needing as many points as possible to reach the play offs while they are up against a so called resurgent Rangers team who recently beat Hibs (at home) and had a home win against a very poor Effort by Champions, that now has the press & tv drooling about how good they are!

Time for Queens to turn the style on again and put Rangers back down a peg or two.

Welcome to fortress plastic palmy Mr McCall.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was pointed out on here after McCoist made a teary-eyed interview blaming the pitch, that not only do you have plastic pitches at Murray Park, you actually have an identical pitch to the one at Palmerston.

Was it not post ramsden cup game they had the identical one put in at Murray Park. McCoist was very gracious in defeat in December if I remember correctly.

Was it not post ramsden cup game they had the identical one put in at Murray Park. McCoist was very gracious in defeat in December if I remember correctly.

It's quite easy to be gracious in defeat when you have already resigned.

Discipline is vital in every game given that football is now virtually a non-contact sport but especially against Rangers.With a full house and cameras etc it is very easy to let the emotions take over. Rangers have several hotheads (one less with McCulloch out) and if we can keep our discipline and avoid doing anything silly there is a chance that they may finish a man down.

Being sensibly competitive is the key - avoid the dreaded double whammy last man and the sending off. In the last home game the cameras picked up the Dowie stamp but interestingly no action was taken against Vukic at Ibrox for the blatant elbow on Russell. These are the inconsistencies that drive us all mad.

Discipline is now one of the most important aspects of a team's delivery because the literal interpretation of certain rules leaves no room for error unless of course the referee and the Authorities choose to be lenient when it suits. We have to be competitive but lunging in recklessly needs to be confined to the annuls of history.

Rangers have had these pitches at Murray Park but McCoist wouldn't let the first team use them.

This was pointed out well before QoS. It was brought up after our management blamed the pitch for Templetons injury in the SFL3. I think it was possibly at Annan. We played really well against Airdrie but apart from that we have been poor on plastic pitches. They complained again after our cup defeat at Forfar and again against Alloa....in their defence the pitch at Alloa was dreadful.

Rangers have had these pitches at Murray Park but McCoist wouldn't let the first team use them.

This was pointed out well before QoS. It was brought up after our management blamed the pitch for Templetons injury in the SFL3. I think it was possibly at Annan. We played really well against Airdrie but apart from that we have been poor on plastic pitches. They complained again after our cup defeat at Forfar and again against Alloa....in their defence the pitch at Alloa was dreadful.

It was the Annan pitch that brutally assaulted Templeton. You've done alright at Falkirk in recent seasons though haven't you?

You also won on ours in the Ramsden's last season.

We certainly have not improved on them, hell we could not even beat Falkirk recently.

You have improved on your last two managers though, which appears to have made an improvement on the pitch.

It was the Annan pitch that brutally assaulted Templeton. You've done alright at Falkirk in recent seasons though haven't you?You also won on ours in the Ramsden's last season.

So we won a few games on plastic pitches. We struggled against Montrose..Annan...QoS..Alloa.. Queens Park and struggled the second time against Airdrie

So we won a few games on plastic pitches. We struggled against Montrose..Annan...QoS..Alloa.. Queens Park and struggled the second time against Airdrie

True but you have a manager now.

You've struggled plenty since the re-birth, apart from during the middle season.

What's your point?

The match should play out a lot differently to our 2-0 defeat there last time round. McCoist's decision to quit had only just been made public hours before the match and the players, who were already playing poorly, were clearly rattled. Queen of the South capitalised on the situation and well done to them for that.

However, McCall has Rangers playing superbly and confidence is higher than it's been at any point since "the journey" began. It's going to be incredibly difficult for Queen of the South to avoid defeat. Not impossible, and they're even capable of a shock win but my guess is something in the region of 2-0 or 3-1 to Rangers.

Falkirk fans will be hoping for a Rangers win. But that's fine. It's better for Rangers to have Falkirk involved in the playoffs as it's one less team we'd have to worry about. They just don't win against Rangers, and certainly wouldn't in a two-legged cup format. So yeah, I'm hoping Falkirk get that 4th spot as, in my opinion, Queen of the South would have a better chance of winning against Rangers.

Queen of the South is the best away trip in Scotland. I'm sure McCall will set the team up properly again and we'll see another strong Rangers win.

Thank Christ McCulloch's gone from the squad, hopefully we'll have young Walsh back from injury who's quickly becoming my favorite player in our team.

I'll predict 1-4 Rangers :)

After getting the first weeks coaching and a couple of games under his belt McCall's team and formation selection has been spot on. I feel the most difficult part now is keeping this unbelievable transformation going.

Archived