Queens v The improving Sevco

No your assessment was utter nonsense and I would think anybody that has seen Rangers in recent weeks would agree with my view that Rangers have improved dramatically.

My assessment was "utter nonsense" apart from the fact it proved to be absolutely right. Including saying myaelf that Rangers under McCall had improved "immeasurably".

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No your assessment was utter nonsense and I would think anybody that has seen Rangers in recent weeks would agree with my view that Rangers have improved dramatically.

Remember I said we never play well on plastic pitches? I would think this is just another poor showing that proves that point.

Remember I said I didn't believe any QoS supporter who thought this was just a bonus game and they would be lucky to get anything from it. I was correct.

Remember when I said this would be a tough game against a team who completely outclassed Rangers in the first league fixture there?

Oh and finally Rangers had Bell and their captain missing and Dean Shiels missing from the midfield and played David Templeton which I believe was a mistake as he has said before he is not keen on those surfaces.

Rangers have improved and will bounce back on Sunday with an empathetic win against Raith Rovers.

Lots of optimism in this post from a loyal supporter, good, very good.

I take it you struggle on "plastic" pitches because these surfaces require a good touch and technique and offers the opportunity of fast free flowing football, none of which suit the players you have.

I have a feeling we will meet again before the season ends but your team will have to buck up their performance to ensure this happens.

My assessment was "utter nonsense" apart from the fact it proved to be absolutely right. Including saying myaelf that Rangers under McCall had improved "immeasurably".

Although Rangers lost 3-0 they played much better than the game in December.

It's a step back no doubt, but hopefully one we will learn from.

It's funny how every time I go against my better judgement and come on this venomous forum I find the same pattern:

Rangers fans posting modest/ self-deprecating statements versus the majority of other "fans" posting hate filled nonsense about Rangers in response, or just in general.

The thread before the game was only filled with Rangers and QoS fans talking mostly about football (with a few dickhead exceptions) then after the game it's filled with posts from not only supporters of other Championship teams but supporters of Premiership teams! :lol:

There was even a Falkirk fan saying it was great to see their closest league rivals winning! FS!

"But, but this new team The Rangers are pure never seen before. Naebuddy cares aboot thum. Sevco an' aw that" :lol:

If we're a new team, why do those saying that hate us so much? If you really believed we were new you should be welcoming us with open arms like every other team in the love-in.

By the way, a personal shout out to Monkey Tennis. You, sir, are, what I like to call, a grade-A p***k. Who is more interested in spewing hate-filled bile at Rangers and its supporters than your own club.

Those deluded individuals who decry Rangers for saying us being in the top league "is the best for Scottish football" have a look at yourself! You mugs have had three years to challenge Septic and none of you have even made them break a sweat. What happened to "sell-out Saturday(s)" and challenging for 1st place? You lot aren't getting better. Us and Them have got worse! Us even more so.

We don't think we are Scottish football but when faced with the nonsense from you lot we are obviously going to bite back and point out the unfortunate fact that there still isn't anybody interested in sponsoring the league without Rangers and the only point at which a sponsor was interested in the League Cup was the round involving an OF match.

So, please, stop talking nonsense, guys.

And when you've all stopped frothing at the mouth don't bother replying coz I won't be here.

faqp6.jpg

Have a Greenie for a good honest post.

What I would say though is that for all you were rank in December I actually think you looked more like scoring in that game as you were more of an attacking threat. Millar and Clark could still be playing and wouldn't have scored.

Yes thats true. I really dont know what no8 took offence at because largely i said what he did.

I said Rangers were clearly better under McCall and they are.

All I said ahead of the game was that some Rangers fans were getting a wee bit carried away about how much better they were from wins over Hibs (who had lost two more in a row since), Hearts (who are packed and on their holidays already) and Cowdenbeath who are poor but were 7 minutes from a draw. And that it was still the same group we had drawn with at Ibrox a month ago. I didnt expect to win but thought we could.

All of that was accurate. It certainly wasnt "utter nonsense".

I think calls for 4-4-2 this season have been more about the 2 and less about the 4.

The way Fowler plays 4-4-2 can leave the centre backs exposed for example against Cowdenbeath at homef-5-2 has the benefit of the extra man in midfield, there is always a covering defender plus 2 up top to keep the opposition centre backs occupied. The bonus is that our 3 best defenders all play, although Durnan being injured might affect it.

We have conceded 1 goal when playing 3-5-2 which was the wind assisted effort by Falkirk. That was also the only game we failed to score in, but Reilly was just back from injury and Lyle was suspended.

The results playing 3-5-2 have been 5-0 at Cowdenbeath, 2-0 St Johnstone, 1-0 Alloa (game Reilly got injured in) didn't play it again until 1-0 at Hibs then 3-0 v Rangers. There was a kind of version v Hearts at home but it was more 3-6-1.

So 5 wins and 1 defeat, 12 goals for 1 against, including wins over St Johnstone Hibs and Rangers.

It would be quite extraordinary if anybody was arguing for 4-4-2 after that.

Agree 100% with this it's all about the 2 up top. Reilly isn't suited to playing on his own up top and Thursday proved again that both he and Lyle benefit from playing together. They are a good partnership and compliment each other to great effect and the league goal stats also prove this.

Yes thats true. I really dont know what no8 took offence at because largely i said what he did.

I said Rangers were clearly better under McCall and they are.

All I said ahead of the game was that some Rangers fans were getting a wee bit carried away about how much better they were from wins over Hibs (who had lost two more in a row since), Hearts (who are packed and on their holidays already) and Cowdenbeath who are poor but were 7 minutes from a draw. And that it was still the same group we had drawn with at Ibrox a month ago. I didnt expect to win but thought we could.

All of that was accurate. It certainly wasnt "utter nonsense".

Go back and read the Hibs v Rangers thread. They were ona great run and every man and their dog was backing Hibs..They were going to by 4 or 5.

As for Hearts being on their Holidays...ffs Hearts threw everything they had at Rangers and it was a fantastic backs to the walls second half performance. Look at the match thread when we beat ICT..Killie..St Johnstone. According to the Ps &Ds it was all down to their poor performances.. they were all on the slide etc etc.

As for the humping of Cowdenbeath..It was 4-1 ya loon ball!!!! It was never a close game or ever likely to finish in a draw.

As for getting ahead of myself. I said i think whoever wins the Championship play off will struggle against the second bottom Spl club if it is County or Motherwell who are both on great runs.

Go back and read the Hibs v Rangers thread. They were ona great run and every man and their dog was backing Hibs..They were going to by 4 or 5.

As for Hearts being on their Holidays...ffs Hearts threw everything they had at Rangers and it was a fantastic backs to the walls second half performance. Look at the match thread when we beat ICT..Killie..St Johnstone. According to the Ps &Ds it was all down to their poor performances.. they were all on the slide etc etc.

As for the humping of Cowdenbeath..It was 4-1 ya loon ball!!!! It was never a close game or ever likely to finish in a draw.

As for getting ahead of myself. I said i think whoever wins the Championship play off will struggle against the second bottom Spl club if it is County or Motherwell who are both on great runs.

You calling someone a loon ball is the absolute definition of irony. Did you do that deliberately?

Last night was just brilliant. We were the better team over the 90 minutes and could well have won by a bigger margin.

The whole team were excellent but for me Lewis Kidd was outstanding, a young player who has improved so much since the turn of the year. As for the visitors I thought Mohsni was there best player but probably lucky to stay on the park with his antics at the end, he then refused to shake hands with the QOS players at the final whistle, what a dork !!.

Bring on the Falkirk .

Agree with what you have said , however the use of the word dork is simply unforgivable unless you are a middle class white American school kid .

A game that was 1-1 with about 10 mins left wasn't "ever likely to finish in a draw". Holy f**k :lol:

They scored with their only chance. The final score was 4-1. Being at the game it was just a matter of time and Cowdenbeath were desperately holding on when Mohsni gifted them their chance.

Once again...It finished 4(four) -1.

You calling someone a loon ball is the absolute definition of irony. Did you do that deliberately?

That did make me laugh coming from you. Away back and read the match thread....

You don't agree 100% at all if all you've taken from that post is "it's all about the 2 up top".

So Einstein just because I only commentated on the 2 up top means I don't really agree with the rest of the post. OK fine if that's what you think.

I think calls for 4-4-2 this season have been more about the 2 and less about the 4.

The way Fowler plays 4-4-2 can leave the centre backs exposed for example against Cowdenbeath at home.

3-5-2 has the benefit of the extra man in midfield, there is always a covering defender plus 2 up top to keep the opposition centre backs occupied. The bonus is that our 3 best defenders all play, although Durnan being injured might affect it.

We have conceded 1 goal when playing 3-5-2 which was the wind assisted effort by Falkirk. That was also the only game we failed to score in, but Reilly was just back from injury and Lyle was suspended.

The results playing 3-5-2 have been 5-0 at Cowdenbeath, 2-0 St Johnstone, 1-0 Alloa (game Reilly got injured in) didn't play it again until 1-0 at Hibs then 3-0 v Rangers. There was a kind of version v Hearts at home but it was more 3-6-1.

So 5 wins and 1 defeat, 12 goals for 1 against, including wins over St Johnstone Hibs and Rangers.

It would be quite extraordinary if anybody was arguing for 4-4-2 after that.

Edited to add I missed the Falkirk 0-1 cup game from the list of results.

Agreed. Just couldn`t resist the comment TBH.

Archived