Queens v The improving Sevco

Well Sevco seem to be improving under McCall but I still think we are more than capable of at least a draw here. Two up front and get them on the back foot. Danny on our right to keep the marauding Wallace quiet and hopefully Durnan, Dowie and Higgins carry on from yesterday's performance.

Thoughts?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said on the thread that's disappeared, ( I thought they just got merged together by the way) anything we get here is a bonus. The game that really matters comes three days later.

A bonus could ultimately prove important though.

You are playing a team that is only 8 points ahead of you and fighting to secure a play off place the same as you are, you are also at home where you ran out comfortable winners last time round.

Calling anything you get from this game a 'bonus' is ridiculously weak and defeatist, dropping points here for Queens would be a disaster. A few weeks ago it was all about who was going to 'dump them from the play-offs'

Lets face it a loss here for Queens will be a disaster and a big step towards an 'average' finish in the championship.

Don't be daft.

A few weeks ago, this did indeed look like the match might have a different feel. Things have moved on though and our battle is now clearly directly with Falkirk.

Rangers are now playing as they should have been and they'll enter this game as strong favourites, as they ought to when they play Falkirk in the second last game.

If we beat Rangers, but lose to Falkirk, we'll be significantly worse off than if that were reversed. Now, obviously, there's no rule prohibiting winning both, which would be fantastic.

However, in my view, the Falkirk game is more winnable and in itself, more loaded with significance.

Anything we get here will indeed be a bonus. I suspect we'll get nothing.

I still don't think we have an awful lot to fear in this game. McCall has just recovered The Rangers from shambolic to competent, I can't imagine that group of mercenaries are suddenly world-beaters. Aside from perhaps Vuckic who seems to be carrying the team.

McCulloch missing out is a blow for Queens as he is woeful, although does that increase the possibilities of Mohsni starting? If so then we really are in with a chance.

Same team as Saturday for me, if any of our injured players are close to a return keep them on ice for the big one on Sunday.

2-1 Queens. Reilly, Lyle and Vuckic with the goals.

With it being so close to the end of the season, NO game should be seen as a "bonus", regardless of what you think of how it'll go. Every single point between now and the end of the season is utterly vital. Lose this, Falkirk win, and then you're in the shit. So you can talk like it's only Falkirk that matters, but that clearly isn't the case.

Rangers, Falkirk, Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston. The QOS battle is with ALL of those teams. You simply can't afford to see it any other way. If you do, you have fucking no chance.

With it being so close to the end of the season, NO game should be seen as a "bonus", regardless of what you think of how it'll go. Every single point between now and the end of the season is utterly vital. Lose this, Falkirk win, and then you're in the shit. So you can talk like it's only Falkirk that matters, but that clearly isn't the case.

Rangers, Falkirk, Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston. The QOS battle is with ALL of those teams. You simply can't afford to see it any other way. If you do, you have fucking no chance.

Of course you'll be going to Ibrox and winning.

Of course you'll be going to Ibrox and winning.

Way to spectacularly miss the point.

If a potential playoff spot was on the cards, and there was five games to go, I'd be looking to take points from Rangers. Would I expect it? No. But I'd absolutely know how much getting points matters at this point in the season.

Nah, you don't really understand the dynamics of our run-in and Falkirk's. We're currently in the midst of a tough run of games - consecutively we play each of the top four sides. This is followed by a kinder looking run-in (on paper at least). Falkirk face sort of the opposite, an easier run just now, followed by two very tough closing ones. If we're still in touch with Falkirk after we play them, we'll then have a good chance. Now obviously there are no guarantees that any of these games will go the way we might expect, as has recently been proven.

However, there's no doubt that our biggest, most pivotal match comes next Sunday. Points off Rangers would be great before then, easing the pressure to win each of our last three, but our season doesn't hang on them as much as in the later game.

As I said on the thread that's disappeared, ( I thought they just got merged together by the way) anything we get here is a bonus. The game that really matters comes three days later.

A bonus could ultimately prove important though.

Larger threads get merged, there were only a couple of replies on the other one so it wasnt really worth it

Did the other thread really get chopped off because it said Rangers in the title lol

No. This one stayed because it was created first

I've missed this aspect of P&B where misinformed fans of other clubs keenly tell us how we should be behaving regarding various aspects of our team. It was a regular theme last season, nice to see it making a come back.

If you can't fathom why a highly winnable home tie against our direct rival might be considered higher priority than a slightly less winnable home tie against a better team then there's no helping you.

Unless of course I missed the post where a Queens fan said "we have no chance against The Rangers, we might as well throw in the towel and play the U20s".

Archived