Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

Surely, surely someone at the North British Labour Branch must be realising "hang on a minute, our tactics of 'blatantly lie whilst shouting over everyone isn't working".

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the equivalent of an oil tanker trying to change direction, it takes time. In Labours case probably more time than they have available.

Nobody in the SLAB have ever had to change. All they've had to do is sit on their fat arses, weigh the votes and hoover up the expenses. It's left them completely incapable of dealing with serious opposition, as we've all seen since 2007.

This hasn't actually happened overnight.

What I'm surprised about is how quiet the Labour grassroots are at the way the party is being run. They must know things are not right and haven't been for a while.

Their party is heading for electoral wipe out in Scotland yet no one is prepared to speak up to save their party - strange.

I can only assume this will all kick off after the election or they don't really have any grassroots activists

You know what sums it up though, these unnamed quotes in the paper saying " we're fucked up here " and " oh I'll need to find another career" , . Just shows how much they actually care, career politicians in it to leech as much as they can out of the system, in fact that's an insult to leeches. None of them coming out fighting, cowards to a man/woman.

What I'm surprised about is how quiet the Labour grassroots are at the way the party is being run. They must know things are not right and haven't been for a while.

Their party is heading for electoral wipe out in Scotland yet no one is prepared to speak up to save their party - strange.

I can only assume this will all kick off after the election or they don't really have any grassroots activists

Their grass roots have probably just boiled down to the utter loons. A hell of a lot of the more 'active' middle-aged and upwards SNP members seem to be ex-SLAB. All the ones with any sense have left them.

Surely, surely someone at the North British Labour Branch must be realising "hang on a minute, our tactics of 'blatantly lie whilst shouting over everyone isn't working".

I genuinely believe, and have done for a while, that they have nothing left.

SNP bad is their sole line of attack and they haven't a clue how to deal with the most awake and aware electorate in Europe.

And it's fucking glorious.

I genuinely believe, and have done for a while, that they have nothing left.

SNP bad is their sole line of attack and they haven't a clue how to deal with the most awake and aware electorate in Europe.

And it's fucking glorious.

They've attempted to treat the SNP up here as they do with the Tories.

It's failed them miserably and continues to do so.

Their grass roots have probably just boiled down to the utter loons. A hell of a lot of the more 'active' middle-aged and upwards SNP members seem to be ex-SLAB. All the ones with any sense have left them.

Indeed. The rank and file are surely at their lowest membership count since the war, with the remainder of the activists being boggly-eyed nutters like Hothersall and Effie Deans.

Labours implosion is like the original Rangers going bust. We all know that the demise of the popular institution for unionists and morons is going to happen, it is still incredibly satisfying seeing them lumber their hopes with a shyster and fail miserably. No doubt they'll blame everyone else for their failures rather than look at themselves. Glorious.

Margaret Curran to play the Big House guy/ Bomber Brown following a resounding victory for the SNP.

I have literally seen no rank and file Labour activists in Central Ayrshire, only elected officials campaigning for Donohoe. The most I have seen at any one time is four, and that included Donohoe.

The word on the street is Donohoe has all but given up. There is a hustings on Thursday in Irvine, which I am reliably informed he will be at.

At least Osborne seems to be putting up more of a fight, although still only the odd non elected official/non family member out for her.

The word on the street is Donohoe has all but given up.

Really? That bad? Fucking magic!

I certainly haven't seen any Labour activists at all.

My in laws had Corri Wilson, their SNP PPC at the door yesterday. My old Yes voting faither in law told her she was doing a great job and the whole family was voting SNP.

#proud

Really? That bad? Fucking magic!

I certainly haven't seen any Labour activists at all.

My in laws had Corri Wilson, their SNP PPC at the door yesterday. My old Yes voting faither in law told her she was doing a great job and the whole family was voting SNP.

#proud

Yep that bad :) Jungle drums can be misheard on occasion, but the evidence backs up the rumours.

The lesser spotted Donohoe is on the endangered species list

Yep that bad :) Jungle drums can be misheard on occasion, but the evidence backs up the rumours.

The lesser spotted Donohoe is on the endangered species list

Quite literally the only time I hear about the fucker is his "column" in local free rag Prestwick's Going Out, and even then it's some empty bollocks about Prestwick Airport.

I pray he gets his jotters in 3 weeks.

For a number of years I have had the Scotsman headlines e-mailed to me.

I opened the e-mail today to find attacks on Sturgeon for wanting FFA (apparently she will borrow all the money despite denying this yesterday) and an article about how there will be an anti-Salmond alliance in Gordon to ensure the LibDem gets in.

I tried to unsubscribe and the site won't let me. :lol:

It's shit like this that labour are relying upon in lieu of having feet on the ground; it won't be enough.

Quite literally the only time I hear about the fucker is his "column" in local free rag Prestwick's Going Out, and even then it's some empty bollocks about Prestwick Airport.

You read that going out? I salute you sir!

Aye he's good at that. Making himself look good in the press. Keeping the tone light and all of that.

Don't get your hopes up too much, but there is a fecking tremendous chance that we will have a new MP on May 8th. There is absolutely no complacency though. Three weeks of hard work still to go

Surely these tactical voting muppets are just going to turn people away from the Westminster parties?

If there really is so little between them that they'd come together to keep out an SNP MP - ie a party that can't even form a government at Westminster - then why should we bother about any of them?

Bloody stupid.

They're just telling me that they hate Scottish people having a say everytime they spout that shite or tell me how dangerous it will be if the SNP have any say after the Westminster election, just hope I live long enough to see an independent Scotland, it's when rather if.

At least I'm not the only saddo that reads Going Out, Hugh Hunter is even worse in it, he talks about jumble sales and other insignificant shite that no c**t is interested in.

Archived