Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

The poll conducted by YouGov shows the SNP on 46 per cent, Labour on 29 per cent, the Tories on 16 per cent and the Lib Dems on 3 per cent.

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2015/apr/snp-welcome-another-strong-poll-showing

Can't find the details on the YouGove site yet but will post it when I do.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll keep it vague as not to be naming people but heard from someone working for a Unionist party in a South of Scotland constituency campaign that the SNP are comfrortably the main contenders. The info from the doorstep is better for the SNP than even the polls indicate.

If the SNP are in with a shout in this seat, it really is on everywhere on the mainland.

a South of Scotland constituency campaign

The only seat south of Glasgow that's even up for grabs at this juncture is Mundell's, surely? The west coast will be a clean sweep for the SNP.

...only 6% for UKIP and the Greens combined, if the Tories have 16%. Think 3% is catastrophic enough for the Lib Dems that even Alistair Carmichael may be getting a wee bit nervous.

This is the middle of an election campaign, these things happen.

© Carmichael 2015

:lol:

They are applying uniform swings, so think they are underestimating what the SNP are likely to do in some parts of the central belt and overstating it in some areas of existing SNP strength in a Westminster context. The best guide to what's likely to happen on the current numbers is the 2011 Holyrood results, but for some reason they do not appear to be using that.

Interesting to see that after Gordon and the existing SNP seats, my constituency of Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross is predicted as the safest SNP gain along with Dundee West on 51.6%. Especially pleasing seeing as we never got a full breakdown of the referendum votes for the Highlands, to see my part of it over the 50% mark.

Archived