Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

George Foulkes retweeted

3 more polls to go today ComRes/Phone for Mail at 10pm YouGov/Times Scotland at 10pm YouGov/Sun national at about 10.30

George Foulkes retweeted

@Dumbiedikes1 @MsHeatherCM @GeorgeFoulkes CyberPolls are not to be trusted. Not a truly random or balanced sample.

warnock.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to ask?

Not really but what does that actually mean ? We'll get Salmond back up to Scotland to take part in debates etc if the SNP lead starts reducing ? Canny see it.

Salmond is by far and away a better politician but more people will vote for Sturgeon.

I struggle to understand the logic behind it. If you are a Labour supporter in a Tory/SNP marginal surely you would want the SNP to win? I'm unsure if I could bring myself to actually vote SNP, but I would certainly not vote Tory.

Some of the London based media types that seldom visit Scotland just don't understand that distaste for the Tories comes before the constitution as the main consideration for a large chunk of the electorate in an election like this. The SNP's posture of keeping Labour honest taps into that very effectively given how much of Thatcherism was embraced by Tony Blair.

I can tell you that the "vote Tory to keep the nats out" is going down like a fucking lead balloon in Labour parts of Perth.

Folk will die before they vote Tory.

1. Even unionists know they can safely vote SNP and vote No in an indyref.

2. Most Scots actually do want more powers for Scotland and trust the SNP to deliver on that.

At the next election I'm moving down to Berkshire and standing for the SNP. Mind you given house prices down there I will need to live in a septic tank in the middle of the motorway. Copyright Monty Python.

Too late. The Chinese have bought up all central reservations on the M25 and are building inverted copies of The Shard. Apartments only being sold in Yen or Roubles.

I doubt many would. The problem with the 'SNPout' crowd is they are in the minority of unionist thinking. Ultimately I'm not going to tactically vote for a party I've spent my life campaigning and protesting against (Tories) nor the ones who've spent the past five years supporting them (lib Dems) in order to stop a party I dislike, but ultimately are probably more likely to lead to the government I want to see.

Unionists I think are split between those who believe the battle should be against the nationalists, and those who believe it should be against the other unionist parties. I can't get on board with the idea that 45 SNP, 3 Lib Dems and 2 Tories is better than 50 SNP MPs. I'd like to see 50 Labour MPs from Scotland, and if Tories and Lib Dem supporters want to tactically vote Labour I'm more than happy for them to do so, but hearing stories of Labour activists campaigning for the Tories is infuriating. Ultimately stopping a Tory government is more important than stopping the SNP.

Yeah your party just spent three years giving the Tories a hand-job champ, so you're not really in a position to speak.

Between this and the Sevco game, I'm having a pleasant evening tbh.

:lol:

Just checked the score as a result of your post.

Stuart McCall is the equivalent of Jim Murphy.

59 seats surely. Mr Bairn?

Sorry mate. Popped out to the pub for a couple of pints.

On a uniform swing the seats would be

SNP 54

Labour 4

LD 1

The 4 remaining Labour seats would be:

1. Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill (Ashcroft had the SNP 3 points ahead)

2. Glasgow North East (Ashcroft had Labour 7 points ahead)

3. Glasgow South West (Ashcroft had SNP 3 points ahead)

4. Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Ashcroft had SNP 6 points ahead)

So basically, the Alistair Carmichael and Willie Bain are going to hold their seats, and the 57 other seats are all in play for the SNP now

If the Scottish polls keep on going the way they are, the Tories will be the main opposition soon to the SNP. 8)

Can see a lot of first time votes for Tory this time after the referendum, all the hardcore unionist Nos

If the Scottish polls keep on going the way they are, the Tories will be the main opposition soon to the SNP. 8)

I hope on 8 May you are sitting/ lying in a corner sobbing uncontrollably.

Would that be such a bad thing? I'd prefer the Greens to be up there, but I've no problem with the Tories in opposition.

I hope on 8 May you are sitting/ lying in a corner sobbing uncontrollably.

Unfortunately I've already prepared myself to be disappointed come the 8th May!

In fairness, if I wasn't to vote Tory, I'd be voting SNP most likely.

Archived