Polls and predictions

Granny Danger

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Mr Bairn was polled for this? I think he mentioned that the independence question was asked. Could be a rise in this? Mr Bairn, would I be right in the indy question being asked?

Correct. It was a yougov survey late last night, I took it after the debate finished, however it didn't mention the BBC debate. I was asked questions about leader approval ratings, voting intentions for the GE, the next Holyrood election and if there was a referendum on independence tomorrow (I voted "Yes" btw), was also polled about the STV debate and, bizarrely enough, whether I am competent enough to change a lightbulb among other household DIY tasks.

The polls in general across the UK have been more Labour friendly in the past 24 hours, I have to speculate that they might be doing better in Scotland causing a small shift in the UK wide polling.

The two things I can think of that could make tonight's yougov poll "newsworthy" is either evidence of a swing back to Labour, or evidence that a majority of Scots now back independence.

Sorry, I can't say where I'm getting this but I've been sent these numbers for tonight:

Sample 1842

SNP 40 (-6)

LABOUR 37 (+ 8)

CONSERVATIVES 15 (-1)

LIBDEMS 3 (n/c)

UKIP 2 (n/c)

GREENS 1 (-1)

:unsure:

Not heard anything about any Independence numbers.

It's possible the independence question was just being asked for weighting purposes.

:lol:

It's pish. Anyone who's a Scot on here will understand the term 'pish'.

If it's 'true' then at worst its a statistical anomaly; not a bad thing we will all put in that wee bit more effort between now and May 7th (6th for me, I'm off on holiday on the 7th).

I hope Jmothecunt and his fellow travellers take succour from this; it will make the real outcome all the sweeter.

Spinning this positively, remember that yougov poll that had Yes ahead that brought Gordon Brown out the retirement home?

Yes peaked too early and now Labour are peaking too early, there's still time on the clock for the SNP to restore their lead

:lol:

It's pish. Anyone who's a Scot on here will understand the term 'pish'.

If it's 'true' then at worst its a statistical anomaly; not a bad thing we will all put in that wee bit more effort between now and May 7th (6th for me, I'm off on holiday on the 7th).

I hope Jmothecunt and his fellow travellers take succour from this; it will make the real outcome all the sweeter.

Hopefully. Scot goes pop quoting it also.

Archived