The Rose v Musselburgh. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr V

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viewing as a neutral game was very entertaining and Musselburgh deserved their lead , especially after going for another goal when down to 10. Agree no4 was immense and no's 8 and 11 (sheerin? ) also stood out. Respect for the sub keeper after flapping at the cross for second goal made some good stops to keep it at 2-3

Not that many in here will admit it but running parallel to the fact Linlithgow phoned it in for much of the game, I thought we were excellent. Big game come Saturday but I can't help feeling 1 big performance from the Rose might still not be enough.

The rose were poor and to be honest they can't play any worse than they did yesterday! Musselburgh must be feeling a bit disappointed the fact they did put the tie to bed and a think that could come back and haunt them! The rose no what they have to nxt sat but what abt Musselburgh do they stick or twist?

Musselburgh won the game, and deserved to but my fear is that won't be enough to win the tie. Our play merited at least a 2 goal cushion going to Olivebank this Saturday, but unfortunately I think we've given Lithgae a foothold that they will make the most of - especially if Roddy is back this weekend.

I hope I'm proven wrong though!!

Well done to our lads today though, one more big performance away from a second Scottish Junior Cup Final in 4 years - fantastic effort for a club of our size.

Musselburgh won the game, and deserved to but my fear is that won't be enough to win the tie. Our play merited at least a 2 goal cushion going to Olivebank this Saturday, but unfortunately I think we've given Lithgae a foothold that they will make the most of - especially if Roddy is back this weekend.

I hope I'm proven wrong though!!

Well done to our lads today though, one more big performance away from a second Scottish Junior Cup Final in 4 years - fantastic effort for a club of our size.

Irrespective of the final result your team did you proud on Saturday and ran their socks off.

The rose were poor and to be honest they can't play any worse than they did yesterday! Musselburgh must be feeling a bit disappointed the fact they did put the tie to bed and a think that could come back and haunt them! The rose no what they have to nxt sat but what abt Musselburgh do they stick or twist?

Well according to some posters that is the case and has been more evident in recent games. No doubt talented squad but are they playing as a team or for the Manager? Just watched the highlights plus the follow up interview and got the impression of a frustrated man who was choosing his words carefully. No doubt harsh words - I would imagine - would have been spoken in the dressing room.

They got a "get out of jail card" with the second goal. Can they use it? Will it be Jekyll or will it be Hyde? Will Roddy get the "Kelbie/Strickland" cold shoulder treatment?

Well according to some posters that is the case and has been more evident in recent games. No doubt talented squad but are they playing as a team or for the Manager? Just watched the highlights plus the follow up interview and got the impression of a frustrated man who was choosing his words carefully. No doubt harsh words - I would imagine - would have been spoken in the dressing room.

They got a "get out of jail card" with the second goal. Can they use it? Will it be Jekyll or will it be Hyde? Will Roddy get the "Kelbie/Strickland" cold shoulder treatment?

Roddy was on holiday which is a lot different to going on a bender. If he isn't selected I might just stay in the Ship Inn on Saturday and not bother going to the game.

Frustrated and choosing his words carefully - are good qualities in a Manager.

Off course he was frustrated that the plans didn't work we all were and in choosing his words carefully he didn't let any passion or emotion lead to heat of the moment comments.

Who the Manager selects is his decision alone and I'm sure he will make a balanced decision based on what is best for the team.

If he was away to Disneyland with the wife and weans.... Otherwise, I quite imagine he enjoyed a good few beers in the sunshine.

Heard that your Manager visited Disneyland to see if Mickey Mouse had an Allan McGonagle watch!!!!

Anyway back to the game. Sheerin looks like the danger man and to win this the Rose are going to have to shackle him, Plus the they are going to have to win the midfield and that's not been evident in recent games according to some supporters and from what I saw against us.

Anyway back to the game. Sheerin looks like the danger man and to win this the Rose are going to have to shackle him, Plus the they are going to have to win the midfield and that's not been evident in recent games according to some supporters and from what I saw against us.

Just "thinking out loud" here but I think I've heard that name before.

The wee guy is due us a big match which can best be delivered if in starting 11.

He always seems to play well against us.

I think this Saturday will be a different game - I hope Musselburgh don't try and sit in and counter-attack, I think our only chance to progress is to press hard and play without fear like we did last weekend.

Archived