The Rose v Musselburgh. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr V

Surely exiting at Junct 16 which is less than 10 mins from Firhill,would be quicker and easier than carrying on to Junct 29,for Paisley,Isa? :huh:

Both about a 5 minute car ride from the motorway. The Paisley pitch is in very good condition whereas at Firhill it's a mess. More sand than grass in areas, plus they have a load of fans in a fun day playing on it after final league game. Out of the two it's got to be Paisley for sexy football. However the pubs around and getting to Firhill are far better than in Paisley.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Tommyboy, just checked it on google maps St Mirren is 65 miles, Firhill 58 with five minutes difference, so you win, but in truth we're talking a baw hair in reality. As I said, St Mirren is so close to the motorway, easy drive to be honest!

OK Tommyboy, just checked it on google maps St Mirren is 65 miles, Firhill 58 with five minutes difference, so you win, but in truth we're talking a baw hair in reality. As I said, St Mirren is so close to the motorway, easy drive to be honest!

It's not a contest Isa,I was merely trying to be helpful to our eastern neebs. I have to ask though,are you the guy who bought wee Ernie's maps as I'm pretty sure that the distances are 57.3 and 49 miles,respectively. :)

No point in discussing distances from different venues just yet guys, as we don't know who's playing and we don't know where the venue is yet. If we do get through, I would prefer firhill to Paisley.

Sensible choice,gl..closer to home and a stadium set in the leafy surrounds of Maryhill. 8)

PS I can't help but feel that Isa will return shortly after some more calculations involving his Baedeker Travel map,purchsed as part of a job lot from that wee rascal, Ernie. :huh:

It's not a contest Isa,I was merely trying to be helpful to our eastern neebs. I have to ask though,are you the guy who bought wee Ernie's maps as I'm pretty sure that the distances are 57.3 and 49 miles,respectively. :)

Used Mussey racehorse as my starting point Tommy!

If we can play like we did against Raith we will win the cup. If we play like we did against Kelty and Boness then Musselburgh will geat us home and away.

You can only play if the opponents let you and United and Kelty didn't let you. Have spoken to a few Rose supporters who don't reckon you have been good in a lot of your matches. However, you are in the Semi-Final and it's up to the so called stars to turn up. Musselburgh seem to be saving their best form for the Scottish Cup so it'll be an interesting couple of games.

You can only play if the opponents let you and United and Kelty didn't let you. Have spoken to a few Rose supporters who don't reckon you have been very good in a lot of your matches. However, you are in the Semi-Final and it's up to the so called stars to turn up. Musselburgh seem to be saving their best form for the Scottish Cup so it'll be an interesting couple of games.

We are very much potential and reality. There is no doubting the potential is there but the reality has been somewhat of a mixed bag and could do with a break.

Against Raith we were a match for anyone for 70 minutes and against the run of play we concended a penalty. Kelty game one - keeper sent off after 5 minutes, we held our own with 10 men then lost a sucker punch goal and eventually lost 3-0. The second game - although the better team won again we were in the game until an error led to a goal in a game where the 1st goal always looked the winner.

We have a squad who are clearly capable and with a break and bit more self confidence we can (will) achieve success this season.

We are very much potential and reality. There is no doubting the potential is there but the reality has been somewhat of a mixed bag and could do with a break.

Against Raith we were a match for anyone for 70 minutes and against the run of play we concended a penalty. Kelty game one - keeper sent off after 5 minutes, we held our own with 10 men then lost a sucker punch goal and eventually lost 3-0. The second game - although the better team won again we were in the game until an error led to a goal in a game where the 1st goal always looked the winner.

We have a squad who are clearly capable and with a break and bit more self confidence we can (will) achieve success this season.

Was it not 3-1 and Wilson missed a sitter with 10 mins to go.

As I said previously, if we get the team selection right and we play with the correct attitude and with a bit of confidence, we will beat any junior team. We have not reached the semi-final of the junior cup by luck. 2 very winnable games away from another final, I do realise that every team needs to get breaks on the way, but this is another semi- final we have reached on merit.

Let's put this game out of reach this weekend.

My prediction is 3or 4 nil. (Hopefully)

As I said previously, if we get the team selection right and we play with the correct attitude and with a bit of confidence, we will beat any junior team. We have not reached the semi-final of the junior cup by luck. 2 very winnable games away from another final, I do realise that every team needs to get breaks on the way, but this is another semi- final we have reached on merit.

Arse

Bold prediction,winning by the odd goal in both games to get through would do me,Mussy will be well up for it this Sat and will be looking for a result to take back to their place the following week.

Archived