The Rose v Musselburgh. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr V

The biggest game of the season for us so far. The reality is we have had an easy run to the semi finals on paper and we have struggled along the way but another. 100 plus clubs would love to be in our shoes.

It is going to be a tough couple of games but I am confident we have the players to get to the final

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Danny`s team selection yesterday was forced to an extent, with players availability and injury`s, hopefully we can get the right team selection next week, and with the right attitude and commitment from our team, we will beat any junior team. So lets hope we can take a good result to Musselburgh in the second leg. HTG

On the Hurlford v Talbot thread, the word is the final will be getting played at either Kilmarnock or St Mirren Park, surely this cant be right, it would be a long enough travel if we get though, but Musselburgh would need an overnight stay. Is Firhill out of bounds again, because that would be my preferred venue, in the middle(ish) and easy to get to for all the teams still involved n Hopefully common sense will prevail, Kilmarnock it will be then I suppose. :thumbsdown

What about Livi .they done a great job and tbh rugby park last year done very little appart from provide the pitch .livi had some great activities for the fans before the match ..but the west coast bias will come into play from the beaks

Looks like Shirra, O'Byrne, Roddy, King and Wilson are all missing for various reasons. We will have to see a big improvement on the last few weeks.

Craig Wilson was cup tied with the now defunct Ballingry Rovers

What is this guff about a West bias I didn't hear you lot complaining when we had to trek to bloody Livingstone 2 years running, we are due a local cup final, Rugby Park will do fine. If we get there I hope you lot are in the final having watched the highlights of your humiliation at the hands of Kelty Hearts where they bullied the Rosie Posy so much it was downright embarrassing. You look like the easiest team to beat.

What is this guff about a West bias I didn't hear you lot complaining when we had to trek to bloody Livingstone 2 years running, we are due a local cup final, Rugby Park will do fine. If we get there I hope you lot are in the final having watched the highlights of your humiliation at the hands of Kelty Hearts where they bullied the Rosie Posy so much it was downright embarrassing. You look like the easiest team to beat.

Got to agree, we played Talbot at Livi. The beaks will feed at any table.

post-26358-0-76802700-1428337293_thumb.j

Definite west coast bias ..that's why the auld HOAT baws were used to keep the east n west teams appart ..they knew Musselburgh and Lithgy wid pump YEEZ and DIdny want an all east final ..SIMPLES

Ha, quality mate. ????

St Mirren would be easier to get to than Firhill coming from the East, straight up M8 off at St James first turn off at roundabout and its a hop skip and a jump from there. As has been said, Talbot had to go to Livi twice and the stadium more or less on the opponents doorstep. Wouldn't think St Mirren would be much further from Mussey than Livi from Auchinleck to be fair.

St Mirren would be easier to get to than Firhill coming from the East, straight up M8 off at St James first turn off at roundabout and its a hop skip and a jump from there. As has been said, Talbot had to go to Livi twice and the stadium more or less on the opponents doorstep. Wouldn't think St Mirren would be much further from Mussey than Livi from Auchinleck to be fair.

Surely exiting at Junct 16 which is less than 10 mins from Firhill,would be quicker and easier than carrying on to Junct 29,for Paisley,Isa? :huh:

Surely exiting at Junct 16 which is less than 10 mins from Firhill,would be quicker and easier than carrying on to Junct 22,for Paisley,Isa? :huh:

Just thinking once on the M8 you're practically a straight road to St Mirren, not much difference to be honest.

Just thinking once on the M8 you're practically a straight road to St Mirren, not much difference to be honest.

Got to disagree bud,in both distance and time,there's a considerable difference, which would be an important factor in what's sure to be a pretty dismal return journey to the East. :(

:P .

If/when we get to the final we don't really care where it is. Very tough 2 leg semi-final first though.

Archived