Final fife derby of the season..

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure we are the only team in Scotland who have not had a penalty this season. Wrote about it for the programme a few weeks ago. Think Partick and another side (can't mind who) have not scored a penalty but we're the only to not have been given the chance!

To be fair you need to get into the opponents box to get a penaly - something until the last couple of games we just simply didn't do enough if.

Really enjoyed last night, good to see the team passing the ball about, keeping possession, creating chances and scoring goals.

Greg Stewart scored a hat trick against the mighty Vale of Leithen in the Scottish Cup last season.

League wise I'd guess at Lewis Coult at home to Stirling Albion?

Probably our first away hat trick since Pat Clarke scored 5 against Stranraer.

Kane got pne against Morton last season in the 5-1 didn't he?

I thought the support last night were excellent too. Nothing but encouragement and applause for players clearly fighting. That's all we've wanted the whole season!

I can't believe the position we are in at the moment :lol:

And the game against vale of leithen was the season before last. You've had a total shocker :)

:lol: It's what I get for posting while at work!

Graeme Brown was our last derby hat-trick as the post above says.

Firstly the tribute to Turnbull was excellent and impeccably observed by both sets of fans, I always think that a minutes silence is a better than a minutes applause, Secondly, well done Cowden on your much deserved win, finally Rovers were shambolic tonight, a dreadful performance from the team and management, GM did experiment but it wasn't working, "change it Murray", it looked like it was a pre-season game in the attitude and application, £17 down the drain for the paying punter, again, as many times this season, not good enough.

Considered putting money on Cowdenbeath when they were 22/5 yesterday, I really thought they'd win, although not as convincingly as it panned out.

We were really poor, not necessarily because the players had downed tools, although that's a possibility, even subconsciously, but because they just didn't seem comfortable with the set-up. Additionally of course, we lost because Cowdenbeath played pretty well.

Perhaps Murray was hesitant to change it as he was hoping to use it on Sunday at Ibrox, or perhaps he thought the few half chances we created at the start of the second period was an indication the players were getting to grips with it, but ultimately it didn't work.

Fair play to Cowdenbeath though, thoroughly merited, and I'd far rather they stayed up than Alloa or Livingston.

The game went much as I expected, with us treating it with a lazy kickabout-couldnt-give-a-feck attitude.Three tap-ins says it all. It was a Fife derby FFS. I'm certain we wouldnt have been so laid back and generous if it was Dunfermline.

Still, I was pleased for Cowdenbeath in their bid to stay up. Wasnt impressed by your goalie's time wasting and play acting tho.

BTW if you want Moon please take him. And Scott.

And Fox....

The game went much as I expected, with us treating it with a lazy kickabout-couldnt-give-a-feck attitude.Three tap-ins says it all. It was a Fife derby FFS. I'm certain we wouldnt have been so laid back and generous if it was Dunfermline.

Still, I was pleased for Cowdenbeath in their bid to stay up. Wasnt impressed by your goalie's time wasting and play acting tho.

And Fox....

Agree with all of this other than the first goal was a lovely deft finish by Nish, though the chance was handed to him on a plate by Scott.

And Fox....

i hear moon thinking about going to oz or usa.

Agree with all of this other than the first goal was a lovely deft finish by Nish, though the chance was handed to him on a plate by Scott.

Agreed, it was a good finish, I said at the time its the sort of one-on-one we regularly miss.

Nish scored three goals in one game? He hadn't managed that in over 20appearances for us this season. Good luck to him if he has discovered a scoring touch from somewhere.

He needed better players around him to show what he could do. :ph34r:

Archived