Final fife derby of the season..

With a packet of sweet and a cheeky wee smile...

Many moons ago when we played EF in a cup game at Starks we were walking along Links Street when a group of them starting singing "John McGlynn peadophile". A few Rovers fans shouted back about Danskin and they gave us the thumbs up. Not sure if they were agreeing with us, intimating that being a peado is ok or if it was a customary 'well played, you got us there' moment. Very unusual set of specimens are EF fans. They hate us with an absolute passion which is cute.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me but I've never really thought of Cowden as a proper derby. Dunfermline is the main rivalry to me, followed by East Fife. Cowden to me are just another team in the same way Falkirk or Livingston would be. Not sure why I feel like that as they tick all the boxes for being a proper derby. It's an odd one

I've nothing against Cowdenbeath but I'd rather see Alloa stay up mainly because going to Central Park is a grim experience. Alloa isn't much better mind you so would much rather add a Brechin or a Forfar away trip.

I understand how you feel. I like playing Rovers but it's never a game that gets me fired up. Probably because I have no ill feelings towards them. Cowden will also be seen as small and insignificant by many Rovers fans I would think.

I aways enjoyed going to Stenny more than any other team in recently past years due to the rivalry we had with them. Nothing felt sweeter that beating Stenny at Ochilview and nothing hurt worse than losing to them in the play off final. Mind you we still went up that season under the management of Danny Lennon ( Pantomine BOOO! ;). )

Agree that Lino lickers, scumfermline and least Fife are all terrible patter. If you insist on changing the name surely Beast Fife would be more derogatory?

I always like to refer to them as Beasts of Fife (or BoF)

Folks if you have bought the kingdom fm vouchers you can use these for the away end. Just phoned the rovers now. I like the Rovers, no a bunch of lino lickers. Great guys !!!

Will have to chuck my seedless snacks over to Zen attached to my Zulu spear then. Will try and miss any vital organs and wedding tackle.

Folks if you have bought the kingdom fm vouchers you can use these for the away end. Just phoned the rovers now. I like the Rovers, no a bunch of lino lickers. Great guys !!!

I heard the vouchers only get you access to the window view from one of the houses in Pratt Street.

Any shite at the Rovers ticket office, say you phoned to them today and were told you can use the kingdom fm tickets anywhere in the ground. Got me in the away end.

Got a load of shite so was going in the main stand until a security chap said they would take them in the away end which they did. Ticket office woman was adamant they were only for home support.

Got a load of shite so was going in the main stand until a security chap said they would take them in the away end which they did. Ticket office woman was adamant they were only for home support.

You in now ok ?

Archived