Fear the Walking Dead

1320Lichtie

Found it all pretty boring tbh. And no real cliffhanger as such at the end of the last episode. The characters were dull and I really didn't give a toss about any of them, yet the show seemed to centre around them. I want to see the breakdown of society, not a bunch of dullards plodding around.

And apart from 5 minutes in the final episode, before it got dull again afterwards, there were just no zombies in a 6 part series about the start of the zombie apocalypse.

6 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Same as a few posters above found this rather dull and didn't like any of the main characters. If it wasn't for the fact that is connected to the walking dead would have probably gave up earlier on it.

I thought seeing the break down of society from the initial outbreak was a decent idea but we are not seeing much with them based on a safe zone. We might get to see more in the next season but it does leave me wondering what has been the point of this season?

I just don't get it. What was the point? It went back to before the outbreak, sheltered the beige cast from the entire thing, then dropped them into everything only a little behind where Rick's group were in TWD. It was just utterly pointless.

The bit I don't get was the compound was over run and inside the hospital too. All of a sudden go out an exit door back to the cars and then a free run on to the freeway. Hmmmmmm forgive me for being sceptical. I dont like the series but will watch as I love the walking dead and I think somewhere down the line they will cross paths maybe to end both shows. So are we expecting this to be back on screens around February when TWD takes a break ?

I went to watch the final episode last night and the channel wouldnt work on my sky box!! Every other channel worked apart from this one. Just kept saying my Sky Box wasnt getting a signal. Piece of shit.

I went to watch the final episode last night and the channel wouldnt work on my sky box!! Every other channel worked apart from this one. Just kept saying my Sky Box wasnt getting a signal. Piece of shit.

No, no. That was pretty much it.

Well someone was going to say it :ph34r:

The bit I don't get was the compound was over run and inside the hospital too. All of a sudden go out an exit door back to the cars and then a free run on to the freeway. Hmmmmmm forgive me for being sceptical. I dont like the series but will watch as I love the walking dead and I think somewhere down the line they will cross paths maybe to end both shows. So are we expecting this to be back on screens around February when TWD takes a break ?

Pretty much like their escape from the riot. Did no one else find it odd that they were the only cars on the road whenever they went somewhere?

Really poor finale, save the 5 minutes in the garage which was, probably, the only twist in the entire series. We've had 5 episodes of pretty much nothing then the first half of the finale is, basically, an episode of TWD. After the escape it went back to nothingness. And wtf was that Paco Rabane advert at the end all about?

Looking back, its been pretty poor, predictable, stuff. No real storyline, no real character development and no real insight into the outbreak.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this 6 episodes and can only echo the comments on this section so far.

Also agree with everything from Spain's link about the show.

I do have some optimism for season 2, maybe stupidtly but I think FTWD can be as good as TWD. There are plenty ways and directions the show can go now we just need better characters

• 4 months later...

Just watched the first season on DVD over a couple of days. I think given the scope of the show that a 6 episode run was criminally short. Clearly there's an audience willing to see an alternative view of the Walking Dead universe and this just wasn't given the time to create the longer, wider view that the audience were looking for.

Having said that it's not as bad as some would paint it, and I think the second season is shaping up to be a fairly decent one. Strand looks a really interesting character, if he can avoid the "curse".

The 16 part web series Flight 16 also looks interesting as well, haven't seen any yet though.

I wouldn't describe Fear The Walking Dead as a prequel though. It starts slightly before TWD but is a parallel story. A real prequel would have have explored the source of the virus, it's creation and dissemination. The thing with creating a whole universe is that you can explore offshoots. LA, New York, Washington, or further afield. So having failed to address the source in TWD or FTWD, it doesn't mean it still can't be done.

Some things that bugged me though...

Both the medical staff and the military appear to have identified that head shots will stop the infected permanently. It bugs me that the soldiers then continue to waste ammunition by expending it firing fully automatic into the crowds of zombies. Where's the fire control?

Who would leave an unguarded sports stadium full of zombies on their doorstep? Having isolated them and contained them the first thing they should have done would have been to destroy them. After all in Cobalt they had a plan to destroy the living, so why balk at the dead?

• 2 weeks later...

Back 11th April. Looking forward to it, re watching 1 again, have to say im still disappointed that they never done more with that 1st series so many fantastic scenes they could've produced.

Roll on S2.

I'm looking forward to S2 also.

I will have to give S1 a re-run but hoping for so much from S2.

• 3 weeks later...