Fear the Walking Dead

1320Lichtie

I'm really struggling to care about any of these characters.

Kinda wish some walkers would swarm the fences, break through and then they'd be in no doubt about what's happening.

Edited by Spain

I've not even bothered starting this and I doubt I will. It's looks about as exciting as Time Team.

You should.

I really like it and it's got another 15 episodes in the offing. No doubt it'll go on to a good few seasons. Another slow one last night but really interesting ending. I think we all know what's inside.

When it's over I'll watch all 6 again in one go, get a proper feel for it, love the setting.

In all honesty if I wasn't such a massive TWD fan I'd prob have binned this by now. It's just very blah. For an origins story it still has''t told us anything we didn't already know from the original show. The first episodes really should have been the strongest and by the looks of it the writers are struggling already.

I'm hoping they're saved the entire budget for a massive season 1 finale as that's about the only thing that can save it for me.

Edited by Pepper

In all honesty if I wasn't such a massive TWD fan I'd prob have binned this by now. It's just very blah. For an origins story it still has''t told us anything we didn't already know from the original show. The first episodes really should have been the strongest and by the looks of it the writers are struggling already.

I'm hoping they're saved the entire budget for a massive season 1 finale as that's about the only thing that can save it for me.

This, and I bet there are a lot of people thinking the same thing.

Again, it wasnt a bad episode but, again, it didnt move the story forward any, other than finding out the army is pulling out. Oh, and that Daniel has a shady past, which we'd all guessed anyway.

I think people are perhaps watching this and expecting to be viewing another TWD, it isn't!!!

TWD is about extreme people surviving in an extreme world, basically the survivors, the people hard and bad or even clever enough to have made it this far in a dead world with no rules or laws,eg "c**t" Rick - hard, Daryl - bad and Eugene - clever, with a clearly defined enemy, that they know will kill them if they don't kill it first!!!

FTWD is about normal people having to adapt to a situation they know f**k-all about, with no clear-cut roles for either side, they don't even know if the "Walkers" are the enemies or people who should be saved or even if the people supposedly protecting them are the ones who should be stopped. The roles for either side haven't been clearly defined yet so there is no clear-cut goodies v baddies situation that the viewers are used to in TWD!!!

Also the suriving populaion hasn't been pared down yet, the people who you just know would be ueless in Rick's world haven't been killed off yet, which btw is basically everbody we've seen so far IMO, apart from Salazar (which means he'll probably be the first to go!!!), it's a long way to go before this world that we see in FTWD becomes the world of TWD and people are just going to have to be patient!!!

Edited by King Kebab

I think people are perhaps watching this and expecting to be viewing another TWD, it isn't!!!

TWD is about extreme people surviving in an extreme world, basically the survivors, the people hard and bad or even clever enough to have made it this far in a dead world with no rules or laws,eg "c**t" Rick - hard, Daryl - bad and Eugene - clever, with a clearly defined enemy, that they know will kill them if they don't kill it first!!!

FTWD is about normal people having to adapt to a situation they know f**k-all about, with no clear-cut roles for either side, they don't even know if the "Walkers" are the enemies or people who should be saved or even if the people supposedly protecting them are the ones who should be stopped. The roles for either side haven't been clearly defined yet so there is no clear-cut goodies v baddies situation that the viewers are used to in TWD!!!

Also the suriving populaion hasn't been pared down yet, the people who you just know would be ueless in Rick's world haven't been killed off yet, which btw is basically everbody we've seen so far IMO, apart from Salazar (which means he'll probably be the first to go!!!), it's a long way to go before this world that we see in FTWD becomes the world of TWD and people are just going to have to be patient!!!

I dont think its that at all, certainly not in my case.

The idea of a prequel and telling the story of what happened at the start could have been really interesting. FTWD just isnt.

I dont think its that at all, certainly not in my case.

The idea of a prequel and telling the story of what happened at the start could have been really interesting. FTWD just isnt.

Perhaps not in your case, but the premise still stands!!!

How many quotes on this thread have you seen comparing it to the "Filler" episodes of TWD???

That very statement shows that viewers are comparing the two and putting the standards of the former over the latter!!!

Perhaps not in your case, but the premise still stands!!!

How many quotes on this thread have you seen comparing it to the "Filler" episodes of TWD???

That very statement shows that viewers are comparing the two and putting the standards of the former over the latter!!!

Maybe.

There was always going to be some comparisons made, though.

The problem is the characters have been placed in a safe little bubble. They're in filler episodes when the situation is clearly evolving and stuff happening but we're not seeing it. What's the point in that? The military aren't just sheltering the characters from what's going on, they're sheltering the viewer too. It seems like they just took the easy way out to me.

I was hoping that this show was going to give us more education as to the cause, not the effect, but other than that I think it's ok.

Thats a good point. I wonder if it would have drawn less comparisons with TWD had we seen more of the build up and, as the article Spain linked to says, more of the break down of the city

I found this a good synopsis of what's wrong with it.

Fantastic article, absolutely nails it

Edited by Mr X