Clyde v East Fife

or we could sit around waiting on a stadium being built have the owner dictate the name of the club have no details of revenue streams apart from a peppercorn rent shame the club hasnt said the club dies if we dont move to shettleston , produce a glossy brochure then we could get 90% of the owners on board

well it worked the last time

Better off. at Broadwood

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or you could debate Shettleston without constant reference to EK? If it isn't going to happen why keep using it as a point of reference!

what point I am trying to get across is that EK was voted on with a name change and it was such an amazing deal and the club was going to die if it didn't happen

the move to shettleston now has to be forensically examined yet EK was voted through on a brochure yes I do have an agenda

on to the move if we can finance the purchase of the ground and have control of revenue streams can't see how it is a bad move it's in the city chance to engage with a community not spilt between the club and a community charity

what point I am trying to get across is that EK was voted on with a name change and it was such an amazing deal and the club was going to die if it didn't happen

the move to shettleston now has to be forensically examined yet EK was voted through on a brochure yes I do have an agenda

on to the move if we can finance the purchase of the ground and have control of revenue streams can't see how it is a bad move it's in the city chance to engage with a community not spilt between the club and a community charity

So you're the unnamed blazer ????

Can we maybe keep the match thread for talking about the match? We've already got a dull-as-f**k thread with 3000+ replies on this subject

so how do you think marsh played in midfield on Saturday ?

I thought he was excellent

or would you rather discuss the incident involving the east fife supporters bus?

I can think of a ground in the middle of the biggest redevelopment in the whole of Glasgow that in the main just needs a new roof that a grant would easily pay for & then some

You'll just never guess

Good header from McManus and stuff...

so how do you think marsh played in midfield on Saturday ?

I thought he was excellent

or would you rather discuss the incident involving the east fife supporters bus?

I'm not in the country anymore, which is why I look forward to coming here and hearing about how we got on. I'm just fed up with every. single. thread turning into the same fucking tired old debate ad nauseum, every single week. Keep it to one of the many tedious threads devoted to the subject!

I can think of a ground in the middle of the biggest redevelopment in the whole of Glasgow that in the main just needs a new roof that a grant would easily pay for & then some

You'll just never guess

Good header from McManus and stuff...

agree but do you think they would let us use it ????

I'm not in the country anymore, which is why I look forward to coming here and hearing about how we got on. I'm just fed up with every. single. thread turning into the same fucking tired old debate ad nauseum, every single week. Keep it to one of the many tedious threads devoted to the subject!

fair enough

Tired old debate, ad nauseum is it. So, am i to guess then that on the many occasions you slinked off home after yet another crushingly shite performance, not once did you wonder why our players were palpably shiter than our opponents, every single week?? You never decried the extortianate and disproportionate rent the club, my club, YOUR club!!! was shelling out, preventing much needed funds being spent on the team through the legitimate and name-of-the-club earned revenues available to every other club in the division.....come on, now.....yer arse you didn't. Or maybe you thought it was just one of those things, and thought (like nearly everyone else) that the only solution was to find a cheaper landlord, and f*ck the consequences. Every problem goes hand in hand with every other. Especially in times of monetary famine like we have now. The club's merry prankster brigade cannot have it all its own way just because a 'peppercorn rent' was an answer to a question no-one wanted to elaborate on. Finding a source of life to allow the club to breathe on its own seems to be getting right up a few c***s noses, is it because its no longer likely to be in East Kilbride???I'll be grilling Michael McCann's bidders on this too when they come canvassing for New New Labour shortly as to what the f**k they thought they were going to do to my club once we packed up our corner flags and turned up at yet another edge-of-town mechano set in Langlands. I might get an answer, but i probably won't. I'm actually a lot more interested in what people i believed had the best interests of the club we all claim to love have to say, especially if, as most of them believe, that car thefts and break-ins are likely to spiral out of control should we shift to Shettleston. A couple of shattered window panels on an opposition supporters' bus will be the least of our problems when forcing them to suffer the ignomony of welcoming clubs to a 'shithole' that might make the club some fucking cash. See??? It's entirely relevant.

agree but do you think they would let us use it

A lot's changed over the past 2 - 3 years, the beginning of area regeneration & the change in ground standard requirements. In approximately the next 10 years the area will be virtually unrecognizable, new housing on one side, mix of industry & leisure on the other. There's no way it will be allowed to look as it is today.

He's lucky if he's getting 100 in on a Friday & Saturday. He has no successors to the role & 10 years could be optimistic for him. But if he's still around when they come calling, having 60% + of a ground condemned for H&S doesn't give him a strong hand to bargain with. He's hoping to see it out long enough that the surrounding development increases the value, but it'll still be limited as it's green field. If it just goes into his estate, an independent assessor will decide. Removing the H&S issue and providing a nominal rent short term keeps him happy. If in the meantime we're speaking to those concerned about the long term gameplan, it's really not hard to see how it can be worked. The grant apparently available for the original Showpark plans would easily do what's required and of course it's a grant, it's not costing us anything.

It would have far bigger potential longer term and be a far bigger story as well. I'm not saying this is on the cards, but it's an option. To me it's a no brainer by comparison. The only problem I could see is that the man & his entire family are lunatics.....which doesnt help :lol:

Let's assume just for a minute you could get a financial institution to lend a second division club with rent defaults and a CVA in its recent history enough money to buy this asset and spend decent amounts improving its status.

Should we miss a few repayments as we have done previously, the outcome won't be as last time. It will be repossession of the asset and good night. With that scenario hanging in the background we would need to always make sure we had reserves. To build reserves you cannot spend as much on the team, and so continued second division football is more likely.

Financially this also has risks, which of course is no reason not to consider it.

It surely has to be to the club's credit that a reputation has been stitched back together and that for the last five years the club has to be considered good and consistent payers. The rent arrears have been coming out of a puny budget as it is, and the cloth has been cut.....anyone applying for a mortgage could take ill, lose their employment or business and be on shit street just the same as Clyde could if predictive numbers (remember that old game??!!) do not end up in tb

He 'equals' box at the bottom. Of course its a huge risk, thats the point....we can't keep.blaming every town and council for our problems. The many many things required will have to be paid for, more than we've ever done before, and most likely done on the avarage gate similar to what we have now. Sink or swim.

A lot's changed over the past 2 - 3 years, the beginning of area regeneration & the change in ground standard requirements. In approximately the next 10 years the area will be virtually unrecognizable, new housing on one side, mix of industry & leisure on the other. There's no way it will be allowed to look as it is today.

He's lucky if he's getting 100 in on a Friday & Saturday. He has no successors to the role & 10 years could be optimistic for him. But if he's still around when they come calling, having 60% + of a ground condemned for H&S doesn't give him a strong hand to bargain with. He's hoping to see it out long enough that the surrounding development increases the value, but it'll still be limited as it's green field. If it just goes into his estate, an independent assessor will decide. Removing the H&S issue and providing a nominal rent short term keeps him happy. If in the meantime we're speaking to those concerned about the long term gameplan, it's really not hard to see how it can be worked. The grant apparently available for the original Showpark plans would easily do what's required and of course it's a grant, it's not costing us anything.

It would have far bigger potential longer term and be a far bigger story as well. I'm not saying this is on the cards, but it's an option. To me it's a no brainer by comparison. The only problem I could see is that the man & his entire family are lunatics.....which doesnt help :lol:

think the last line is the stumbling block I doubt they would even enter into an discussions about the ground , unfortunatlely I dont think we can wait 10 years

ps would be a dream come true ,but I think it will remain as such :(

think the last line is the stumbling block I doubt they would even enter into an discussions about the ground , unfortunatlely I dont think we can wait 10 years

ps would be a dream come true ,but I think it will remain as such :(

Why not wait 10 years? Surely if any talk of club extinction was fabrications or lies in your opinion, then why not wait 10 years sticking with the status quo and then go back?

Archived