Seven Leader Debate - 2nd April 8pm

Who Came 1st, 2nd, 3rd in debate  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at some of the Tory press, Farage has came out well in terms of who won the debate.

Expect UKIP to do quite a bit better on Election day.

Some surprises in store I think. A Tory / UKIP coalition could still happen and that would be the worst result for Scotland.

I don't think you've made a single foray into a politics thread without spouting this nonsense about a Tory/UKIP coalition happening.

What exactly did Farage contribute to the debate to warrant morons claiming that he won it? He did nothing apart from confirm what an odious cretin he is.

Yup he was 'honest' allright - he's a swivel eyed bigot and that's what we saw.

10428704_677676895711380_520333225640101

Good wishes from the English though they don't get the nature of the SNP:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/03/can-voters-outside-scotland-vote-snp?CMP=fb_gu

The question of whether non-residents of Scotland can vote for the Scottish National party unexpectedly featured in a list of most searched-for terms provided by Google after Thursday night’s leaders’ debate.

Less than a year after the acrimonious independence referendum, the SNP leader, Nicola Sturgeon, clearly impressed voters from around the UK. She came out as the surprise winner of the night in one YouGov survey and scored highly in three other snap polls.

FlyerTon, on 03 Apr 2015 - 16:02, said:

Just listening to the radio there and many English folk praising Farage on his performance last night, and I think a lot of them are going to vote for his party.

You could also get Tory /UKIP/DUP as a possibility.

No.

Just listening to the radio there and many English folk praising Farage on his performance last night, and I think a lot of them are going to vote for his party.

You could also get Tory /UKIP/DUP as a possibility.

The DUP have ruled out a coalition and UKIP will get less seats than the LibDems who would refuse to join any coalition including UKIP. Not a chance of this happening.

Whilst it's nice to see Nicola getting praised, let's not forget that a large percentage of English people are brain-dead as many thought Farage done excellent when he was trotting along a fine line of blaming the immigrants for everything, being steaming and carefully avoiding just being flat out racist.

Whilst it's nice to see Nicola getting praised, let's not forget that a large percentage of English people are brain-dead as many thought Farage done excellent when he was trotting along a fine line of blaming the immigrants for everything, being steaming and carefully avoiding just being flat out racist.

I doubt if it was the same people supporting both Nic and Falange.

Lots of English though saying that they want a 'Labour' Party like Nics.

AnCrùbag, on 03 Apr 2015 - 16:09, said:

I doubt if it was the same people supporting both Nic and Falange.

Lots of English though saying that they want a 'Labour' Party like Nics.

Obviously, but I think it highlights that there's still a very nasty undercurrent in England.

I'm still on the first question but I actually think Farage has done pretty well here, distancing himself from the remainder of the panel on the "books not balanced" stuff

Leanne Wood horribly out of her depth

Sturgeon staying quiet but when she does speak she's dominating

Bennett doing better than the snap polls showed, IMO

Cameron outclassing Miliband

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/leaders-debate-can-i-vote-for-the-snp-voters-ask-after-nicola-sturgeons-winning-performance-10154135.html

"Before the leaders’ debate, a panel of voters could not identify Nicola Sturgeon from her picture. The morning, her name was the most Googled term in the whole of the UK"

I had sturgeon first, Cameron second and miliband third, personally. I didn't think Wood was great personally - she focussed on Wales too much to be genuinely effective, an area where Sturgeon far surpassed her.

He cantered through the evening, he just stood there like one of those old curmudgeons at the end of the bar who spout shite, a large chunk of folk will find that guy in the corner offensive but he's great to those who hold his views, like him or loathe him he speaks with a frankness and openness that's missing in British politics,

I hate almost everything he stands for but he does strike a very big chord with a fair chunk of the electorate.

The only coalition that I think would be feasible is Labour / Lib Dem, but with Lib Dems heading for wipeout, I can't see it happening.

The seismic changes in Scotland will not be replicated in the rest of the UK, and I can see the LibDems holding on to more seats than people think. The Tories will get Project Fear Mark 2 into full swing and frighten undecideds into voting for the status quo. I'm going to put a sizeable bet at 6/1 on a Tory/Lib Dem coalition that I hope very much to lose.

The seismic changes in Scotland will not be replicated in the rest of the UK, and I can see the LibDems holding on to more seats than people think. The Tories will get Project Fear Mark 2 into full swing and frighten undecideds into voting for the status quo. I'm going to put a sizeable bet at 6/1 on a Tory/Lib Dem coalition that I hope very much to lose.

I'd split the cash and take 6's for an overall majority as well, it's looking less likely to me that the SNP will hold the balance of power.

I actually thought it was 1. Sturgeon 2. Wood. Farage was dreadful and I can't believe he's getting talked up so much after that performance. I don't think UKIP will do as well as people think in the election.

Cameron looked out of it as if he was on a valium to calm him down.

Milliband was over-coached with the ridiculous looking into the camera shots when answering a question.

Clegg has just spent 5 years in coalition and just looked plain stupid trying to attack Cameron

Bennett did better than expected but I feel the Greens may rue the day they didn't replace her as leader.

Archived