Best ex footballer pundits on TV/Radio

fifergaz

Charlie Nicholas - thick as f**k, has me in stiches all the time

Agreed, his poor grasp of the English language can be pretty amusing. One of his comments that has always stuck in my mind is the following description of a foul. "Well he just stuck his leg out and that kinda created the guy to fall down."

What did O'Neill say to Robbie Williams?

Do you remember McCoist's comment to Ewan McGregor at France 98? Funny as f**k, McGregor said he 'takes it off/from his Dad', after saying they were a close family, McCoist immediately piped up 'very close family' it cracked me up at the time, the whole panel were pissing themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not sure they're the best but these are the ones I like:

Sue Smith (who I've met, nice lass) off the Women's Footie

Faye White aff the Women's Footie

Gordon Strachan

Oor Wullie (Miller) on the radio

Lee Dixon

btw I found this comment on the commentators at WC2014.. :rolleyes:

"Gus Poyet

Likely to come into his own for ITV's coverage of England v Uruguay. He is insightful, tries to analyse the game for the viewers and it is clear to see both why he is so popular with his Sunderland players, and why he has been so successful. B"

I've always liked Neil Lennon on the TV as a pundit. Gordon Strachan always has some sense about him too.

If Mark Lawrenson was more positive, he'd be good, because he does actually talk sense when he's not being a dreary b*****d.

Danny Murphy is the only decent pundit on Talksport.

He talks sense which maybe holds him back, too much emphasis these days on trying to create headlines and sensationalising everything. Two pundits one is level headed and the other has says something controversial to encourage moron fans to phone in to correct them. Free money and easy lazy journalism.

I wish they would stop the awful open all mics on radio Scotland too. Oh, oh, oh it's a.....goal kick. Right in the middle of a decent point being made.

Chic Young is the worst for this. Would like to go back to the days of Crampsey and co. Now it's fuckwit city with Derek Ferguson and Biscuits.

Dah Clyde area pure playin well an that ders ma brer heeey youuuu guuuuyys.

• 2 weeks later...

"CHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNCCEEE!!!!! *unreasonable pause* ......he's put it wide Richard."

I've said before that I quite like Ferguson when he is just talking about the games - he is relatively knowledgeable and pretty balanced.

He is utterly horrendous as a commentator/openallmics bod though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived