Falkirk v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cowdenbeath's objective was to avoid a hammering then mission accomplished. Well organised at the back but zilch going forward which meant any sort of goal was likely to see us win.

Is Jimmy aware of his team's current league position? I ask because the lack of adventure or risk taking on show is going to result in zero points most weeks. Goal difference is a dead duck as far as Cowden are concerned so to not push players forward in an attempt to get a point is strange.

We were generally poor tonight especially in an attacking sense. Mixture of poor touches, overhit passes and poor decision making. There does seem to be a lack of confidence in the players at the moment and we are just having to grind out results.

We'll need to improve for Saturday but right now let's just see tonight for what it is and that's job done.

Jimmys completely unaware of anything. He thinks everything is rosy so he has time to swan off and miss Cowden games to do a part-time job.

If Cowdenbeath's objective was to avoid a hammering then mission accomplished. Well organised at the back but zilch going forward which meant any sort of goal was likely to see us win.

Is Jimmy aware of his team's current league position? I ask because the lack of adventure or risk taking on show is going to result in zero points most weeks. Goal difference is a dead duck as far as Cowden are concerned so to not push players forward in an attempt to get a point is strange.

We were generally poor tonight especially in an attacking sense. Mixture of poor touches, overhit passes and poor decision making. There does seem to be a lack of confidence in the players at the moment and we are just having to grind out results.

We'll need to improve for Saturday but right now let's just see tonight for what it is and that's job done.

Good summary of tonights game.

Have to dust ourselves down quickly and get on with it as there is now only five games left.

It really is a matter of survival now and I hope the players fight tooth and nail to keep us up

Agree with all of this.Anyone who thinks Falkirk were better than us tonight was at a different game from me.We were both poor.McDonald pulled a one handed save from Kudus and the centre half headed an on target shot from the same player wide so the no shots on target agenda is bollocks.

Frankly I thought we were miles ahead in terms of keeping the ball and playing to try and score. That is how bad you are. 6 across the back, let's just keep the score down.

Hope you go down and take Alloa with you.

Cowden were a whole new level of awful imo. You did have one shot on target but it was an easy save for McDonald

No argument from me chum but you were no better yourselves.The free kick for you,re goal was a joke decision from the ref.That said i,d love to win a game playing poorly.

Horrible horrible game, conditions didn't seem that bad so it's both teams fault..

Kerr was superb the majority of the game and was giving it that 10% more throughout. Some of his team mates could learn from that.

We weren't fluid throughout the team, Cowdenbeath were a unit to get behind but poor passing/ball retention our downfall.

It wasn't sticking up top either, Morgan taking around 3mins to turn with the ball, passing and even throwing straight to Cowdenbeath players. He isn't the scapegoat but being in the area of being expected to score or link with players it's obviously gonna be highlighted.

I knew we were safe when Nish came on tho

Agree with all of this.Anyone who thinks Falkirk were better than us tonight was at a different game from me.We were both poor.McDonald pulled a one handed save from Kudus and the centre half headed an on target shot from the same player wide so the no shots on target agenda is bollocks.

Think you are deluded,frankly! Ok so neither team created much in the way of clear cut chance. However, it's plain to see that the Falkirk players are all more comfortable on the ball, they moved the ball from back to front more easily than Cowden, who opted more for the long ball. Their defence strolled the game and Falkirk players were generally speaking better technically and better organised all over the pitch. As you would expect them to be, being a full-time club. Also, not convinced Kudus shot was going in. Macdonald barely got a fingertip on it.

Dreadful, just shite.

Just looked like nobody gave a f**k. Taiwo & Kerr kept possession quite well in the middle and I thought Leahy was ok but the rest were absolutely garbage.

In an attacking sense we've got very little without Loy and I think Raith will surely beat us on Saturday unless we raise our game significantly.

We need to start thinking about next season too because I think we'll be without a few, not just Loy. With two of sevco, Hibs or the 2nd bottom Premier team in the league we'll have even less chance of promotion next season than we had this.

Think you are deluded,frankly! Ok so neither team created much in the way of clear cut chance. However, it's plain to see that the Falkirk players are all more comfortable on the ball, they moved the ball from back to front more easily than Cowden, who opted more for the long ball. Their defence strolled the game and Falkirk players were generally speaking better technically and better organised all over the pitch. As you would expect them to be, being a full-time club. Also, not convinced Kudus shot was going in. Macdonald barely got a fingertip on it.

We lost one nil to a full time side with aspirations of a play off to the top league.If McDonald doesn,t get his hand to Kudus shot its a goal,fact.What save did Robbie have to make in the game.It was also never a free kick that led to their goal.Nobody is disputing that they are a better side than us but they were poor tonight and thats a big chance missed as we were poor also.

We lost one nil to a full time side with aspirations of a play off to the top league.If McDonald doesn,t get his hand to Kudus shot its a goal,fact.What save did Robbie have to make in the game.It was also never a free kick that led to their goal.Nobody is disputing that they are a better side than us but they were poor tonight and thats a big chance missed as we were poor also.

Robbie saving the goal would have been a save to make.

To use the boxing analogy, had it finished goal-less and gone to the judges scorecards, then Falkirk clearly would've won on points. So they were and are the better side, but again I have to say because they're full time, so they should be. It does seem however, judging by fan reaction, that they weren't as good as they have been recently. Cowden on the other hand, have started to look a bit more difficult to break down in the past couple of games, which is positive. More worryingly however is their inability to carve out sustained periods of pressure in the opposition half. Hopefully this will improve too when Cowden play dumbo,Raith, livvy and alloa.

That shot was never going in, I was right in line with it. If anything it was going out for a throw in. Your keeper made and excellent save from Baird early in the second half, were you even there?

Archived