Falkirk v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was horrendous, credit to Cowdenbeath, that's probably the best I've seen them at the falkirk stadium, rock solid at the back, broke forward with pace a few times although I can't remember a shot at goal from them.

No drive or fighting determination from the players tonight.

Absolutely dreadful.

Not accepting it's an improvement comments we must rack up 3 points in these games.

Sadly I currently see us heading for the playoffs unless Livingston catch us.

It's time the players started showing a bit of belief.

Anyone know why Higgins wasn't on the bench

It's not the players. Its Jimmy fucking Nicholl. If someone had the bottle to sack Nicholl after the 5 nil thumping against Hibs we would be fighting for safety.

Bollocks. Not a surprise though. Saturday is a must win now. Not accepting a draw it's time these players proved they want to play at this level again next year.

Difficult to see just how they're gonna prove that. They gave 100% in terms of effort tonight, don't think there's any denying that. They defended well and stuck to the task for 90 mins. Falkirk simply possess better quality players as you would eexpect. The Cowden midfield is sadly lacking in any creativity or bite but if they continue to show that level of effort and pray for a some lucky breaks, maybe there's still a glimmer of hope.

That was horrendous, credit to Cowdenbeath, that's probably the best I've seen them at the falkirk stadium, rock solid at the back, broke forward with pace a few times although I can't remember a shot at goal from them.

Rock solid at times but you guys had two goals disallowed so it could have been more.

We have nothing going forward and pose absolute no threat which to put it bluntly will cost us come the end of the season unless we start having a go in front of goals

Difficult to see just how they're gonna prove that. They gave 100% in terms of effort tonight, don't think there's any denying that. They defended well and stuck to the task for 90 mins. Falkirk simply possess better quality players as you would eexpect. The Cowden midfield is sadly lacking in any creativity or bite but if they continue to show that level of effort and pray for a some lucky breaks, maybe there's still a glimmer of hope.

I hope there is a glimmer of hope but sadly the majority of these players can't compete in this league.They may however be able to demonstrate that they are a better class by playing league one teams in the playoffs but I hope they prove me wrong and finish eighth

The question has to be asked why hasn't this been the case all season?

3 points that is about it. Will need to improve on Saturday. I am now in the Morgan is useless camp. He has had a chance and done nothing.

I hope there is a glimmer of hope but sadly the majority of these players can't compete in this league.

Most of the boys were decent enough last two seasons to keep us up. The stalwarts kept us up. Nicholl chopping and changing, not playing our best players, piss poor tactics, preseason shambles and wasting our loan and budget. Not the players, one man's fault Jimmy Nicholl.

3 points that is about it. Will need to improve on Saturday. I am now in the Morgan is useless camp. He has had a chance and done nothing.

Totally agree now but what is the options we have?

Smith - toothless

Botti - too lightweight and still raw

Cooper- needs a big front man as wing play is his strength

Vaulks - well he has played everywhere else so what's the harm in playing him as a striker

Just joking with the last one ( or am I )

Most of the boys were decent enough last two seasons to keep us up. The stalwarts kept us up. Nicholl chopping and changing, not playing our best players, piss poor tactics, preseason shambles and wasting our loan and budget. Not the players, one man's fault Jimmy Nicholl.

Agree with all of this.Anyone who thinks Falkirk were better than us tonight was at a different game from me.We were both poor.McDonald pulled a one handed save from Kudus and the centre half headed an on target shot from the same player wide so the no shots on target agenda is bollocks.

4 games on the trot that we've done absolutely nothing.

The 1st 1 we were against a superior team

The 2nd you could easily blame the pitch

The 3rd the weather made it tough

Cant make an excuse tonight though

This. Tonight was our first chance to turn on the style after a run of difficult opposition/conditions and we failed miserably.

If Cowdenbeath's objective was to avoid a hammering then mission accomplished. Well organised at the back but zilch going forward which meant any sort of goal was likely to see us win.

Is Jimmy aware of his team's current league position? I ask because the lack of adventure or risk taking on show is going to result in zero points most weeks. Goal difference is a dead duck as far as Cowden are concerned so to not push players forward in an attempt to get a point is strange.

We were generally poor tonight especially in an attacking sense. Mixture of poor touches, overhit passes and poor decision making. There does seem to be a lack of confidence in the players at the moment and we are just having to grind out results.

We'll need to improve for Saturday but right now let's just see tonight for what it is and that's job done.

Freezing!

3 Points in the bag which is all that matters, while we struggled at times to break Cowden down i thought we looked more attacking with Baird up top and Sibbald in behind him.

Baird could have had a few goals including the two he had ruled out.

Morgan is woefully bad and i would much rather have David Smith with Baird while Loy is out.

Agree with all of this.Anyone who thinks Falkirk were better than us tonight was at a different game from me.We were both poor.McDonald pulled a one handed save from Kudus and the centre half headed an on target shot from the same player wide so the no shots on target agenda is bollocks.

Cowden were a whole new level of awful imo. You did have one shot on target but it was an easy save for McDonald

Archived