John Potter: Time is up.

He's hardly going to resign from the only managerial job he will ever have when there is still an outside possibility of reaching the play-offs, and then who knows. He has nothing to gain from resigning and to be honest, neither to Dunfermline. You've been rubbish under two managers this season, your players aren't good enough, the managers have just been the icing on a big pile of mediocrity.

Playoffs? A chance to prove that he is deluded. Mathematical chance? Yes. Probable chance based on form and general performances? Nae chance.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from Stranraer earlier in the season am I right in saying Dunfermline haven't beat a team in the top half of the table? (Even back at the start of the season Stranraer weren't in the top half :P )

If so that's a pretty shocking statistic for a team with the largest budget in the league. If this is the case you don't really deserve to be in the playoffs, I don't think you can make it but some of your fans still seem to think you can.

Apart from Stranraer earlier in the season am I right in saying Dunfermline haven't beat a team in the top half of the table? (Even back at the start of the season Stranraer weren't in the top half :P )

If so that's a pretty shocking statistic for a team with the largest budget in the league. If this is the case you don't really deserve to be in the playoffs, I don't think you can make it but some of your fans still seem to think you can.

If they do after today they are as deluded as JP.

Apparently we haven't beaten a team out of the bottom three for over a year.

The main creditor screwed himself and his fellow creditors the club/fans were not responsible for the actions of a power mad banking dictator. But do keep up...

You'se were lapping it up at the time. Choke on it.

The main creditor screwed himself and his fellow creditors the club/fans were not responsible for the actions of a power mad banking dictator. But do keep up...

lol wut

Erm yes, because of course Gavin Masterton held a gun to your club directors' heads and insisted that the club spunked seven figures on "living the dream", Gretna-style at the top level. And a similar level of pressure was naturally placed on your fanbase to tolerate this, rather than naturally rise up against such extravagance.

Oh wait: your club directors actually bought into the same, ludicrous claims about the club as its chief creditor; as did the fans, who were happy to give it the big licks when they were doing reasonably well (though badly, considering the amount of money chucked down the drain at the time), and as shown above, are now trying to revise the narrative once both the money ran out and the crocodile tears targeting those putting money into your buckets stopped being useful. You're fooling absolutely no-one.

The most utterly glorious element of your hapless decline is the fact that despite wiping out all the debts accumulated during your cheating of Scottish football for two decades, you still haven't emerged with a credible football side on the other side - instead an utter rabble, effortlessly dispatched by plodding League One opposition.

Gutted for you.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

With sympathy, you dejected Morton fans don't have much to gloat about either, after the rise and fall of Allan Moore. With Dunfermline out of the equation Ton would have been fancied favourites (they were mine in July)- and with time running out they find themselves behind West-coast rivals Shoestring Stranraer.

The big winners in League One this season are Stevie Aitken, Dick Campbell and their clubs' patient supporters. Well done.

With sympathy, you dejected Morton fans don't have much to gloat about either, after the rise and fall of Allan Moore. With Dunfermline out of the equation Ton would have been fancied favourites (they were mine in July)- and with time running out they find themselves behind West-coast rivals Shoestring Stranraer.

The big winners in League One this season are Stevie Aitken, Dick Campbell and their clubs' patient supporters. Well done.

^^^ scrambling for relevance

The truth is that we should never have pushed Jefferies out. I can't blame Potter for being poor - he is a rookie who was thrown in at the deep end. He needs to go though, he has spent a fair amount of money on the wrong players. That money used should definitely have improved us. Shoot me down if you like but Jefferies would have spent it on much better signings.

I'm not normally one for getting rid of the manager early but we need to rebuild for next year.

The truth is that we should never have pushed Jefferies out. I can't blame Potter for being poor - he is a rookie who was thrown in at the deep end. He needs to go though, he has spent a fair amount of money on the wrong players. That money used should definitely have improved us. Shoot me down if you like but Jefferies would have spent it on much better signings.

I'm not normally one for getting rid of the manager early but we need to rebuild for next year.

Just because you appointed the wrong person to replace Jefferies doesn't mean it was the wrong decision for him to move on.

It was absolutely right that JJ left. We appointed the wrong man instead of advertising the job to get someone in. It's probably ended up costing us more money what we've done since JJ left.

We appointed the wrong man instead of advertising the job to get someone in. It's probably ended up costing us more money what we've done since JJ left.

Bob Garmory didn't think we needed to advertise for the job as 'nobody else would have done better than Potter in an interview'. I expected such incompetence from the previous regime, it would appear such incompetence is still rife.

Archived