hurlford/talbot.....talbot/hurlford

maurice shavez

There is no doubt Hurlford have used the money well on and off the park, but the majority of folk dont know the facts and as such make up the rest, I was impressed by the improvements made at Hurlford and when you get the drainage sorted the park will be fine.

I would rather we were talking about the football rather than other issues, I am just happy the way Talbot outplayed you on the day lol, but its only half time and the same again required on Saturday.

Good post, think we play better on a bigger pitch so hopefully give a better account of ourselves, tall task to over turn a 3-1 defeat, more so against Talbot but stranger things have happened :)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's rolls on and on, always said time will tell but there's two sides to every story, just unfortunate one story is spoken about like it's the universal truth while lacking key information. Even if i post everything i know folk would still find fault as it's easier to shout 'money' that it is 'wise investment'

You were the one asking me to explain part of a sentence. That's why it's rolling on. In this case, investment=injection of private money whichever way you slice it. Good on the club for spending it wisely but it is what it is.

There is no doubt Hurlford have used the money well on and off the park, but the majority of folk dont know the facts and as such make up the rest, I was impressed by the improvements made at Hurlford and when you get the drainage sorted the park will be fine.

I would rather we were talking about the football rather than other issues, I am just happy the way Talbot outplayed you on the day lol, but its only half time and the same again required on Saturday.

Well said, pal. I too would rather read about the football.

Re playing on a wider park. I always thought that a team would be more used to playing on surfaces similar to there home park but supporters always seem to say their team prefer a different type of playing surface i.e. wider, longer or non artificial.

I know this will be viewed controversially as we're both Talbot fans, but I hope you take this comment in the spirit it is meant, Isa. Your post is so insular it's incredible. I haven't seen this Hurlford team play but, much as I disagree with the methods behind their rapid rise, I just can't believe that they have got to the point they are now by either "chopping" or "diving" their way through games. Give them a wee bit of credit for their on the field results.

When other posters point, including myself, point out that no team is innocent in these matters, it's by way of displaying common sense rather than point scoring.

With Saturday in mind, I hope the match gets played in a fair manner with theatrical nonsense being kept to a minimum and with the best team going through.......as long as it's Talbot!

Insular JB? Why? Do you consider that I am only looking at one side of the game? The comments about Talbot fouling kicking or diving are not relevant. I stated that Ford were streetwise at Auchinleck last year and that it was fine. But in my book they stepped over the line on Saturday and were out if order. It was just too much and I don't want it in the juniors!

Insular JB? Why? Do you consider that I am only looking at one side of the game? The comments about Talbot fouling kicking or diving are not relevant. I stated that Ford were streetwise at Auchinleck last year and that it was fine. But in my book they stepped over the line on Saturday and were out if order. It was just too much and I don't want it in the juniors!

But you're biased in favour of Auchinleck and most of the neutrals are in agreement that there was little or no diving in evidence on Saturday. So who is more believable?

But you're biased in favour of Auchinleck and most of the neutrals are in agreement that there was little or no diving in evidence on Saturday. So who is more believable?

Let's run a poll. Given the general election fever just now.

Let's run a poll. Given the general election fever just now.

I am a Talbot fan, and like most fans biased. But I have never left a Junior game with a feeling that a side had collectively taken gamesmanship much too far before. Yes I have considered individuals have tried to cheat, yes I have thought that refs have had a nightmare. But there were too many players going down too easily in red and white on Saturday. As for neutrals, granted one or two didn't see the gamesmanship to be out of order. I grant that Larky is a good fair minded poster, but that doesn't mean he was 100%right about Saturday. My concerns is that some of these neutrals watch senior football, I do not want to watch football like that and therefore reserve the right to protest, perhaps some have become too used to what is now considered acceptable in other grades !

It's rolls on and on, always said time will tell but there's two sides to every story, just unfortunate one story is spoken about like it's the universal truth while lacking key information. Even if i post everything i know folk would still find fault as it's easier to shout 'money' that it is 'wise investment'

How's it a wise investment? Where's the financial return? There is none, not with your team or any team at this level.

Also, purse push in your earlier post, the rebuilding started earlier, aye nar bother mate.

It started when your started paying the big wages, keano on £250 a week

Fact! Prove otherwise. That's the way it is.

I can't stand you or your team and the push you put on here is ridiculous.

See you upset someone else at the weekend with your footage, the wall are closing in my friend!

How's it a wise investment? Where's the financial return? There is none, not with your team or any team at this level.

Also, purse push in your earlier post, the rebuilding started earlier, aye nar bother mate.

See you upset someone else at the weekend with your footage, the wall are closing in my friend!

:lol: Calm down ya greetin faced wee ride.

:lol: Calm down ya greetin faced wee ride.

:lol::lol::lol:

We all know Hurlford have probably the biggest wage budget in Junior football. Bet you wouldnt say no to Glenafton having a few millionaire investors. No need to have a go at a young guy who helps his local team and films games for us to watch. Just sticking up for his team like we all do when feel over the top criticism. Both Talbot and Hurlford are diving and hacking barstewards :P;)

I have to say seekpissedoff ( who does actually sound quite seekpissedoff tonight) has a couple of decent points. You could argue that the money is wisely spent if during so all involved have an enjoyable ride which I am sure they are. And they will be left with decent facilities afterwards however as I mentioned way back you shouldn't really step on anybody's fingers going up the ladder because as sure as jobbies are brown you will meet them on the way down again. Sure the "smaller " teams that visit will enjoy there day out at Blair park and have fond memory's as Hurlfrd will nine times out of ten beat them with relative ease however when they come up against tougher teams the welcome is not as warm. And yes by that I mean winning by most any means. Lets face it Talbot fans aren't the first mob on here to mention the diving.

Plus I have to say I did have a wee cringe when Killiepiehole posted his video at the weekend and it did kinda backfire when the jack in the box, minus the box took exception to it. You did say you weren't going to post any more video's after a recent one went horribly wrong.

Nah,that's not the way it is.You made the assertion so the onus is on you to provide the proof to back your statement. ;)

Going to try take an unbiased view of this diving malarky. It happens.. its part of the game (unfortunatly). Maybe on saturday some hurlford players went down alittle easier than they should. I can accept that. Its frustrating, contraversial, and yeah unproffesional. I think its Understandable though. When your wanting to win, somwtimws you will do whatever the hell it takes to gain every possible advantage. However its not somwthing i like to see or want to see. As i say though, it happens. So we just have to accept it. Wont stop me shouting for every advantage for my own team.

Has our lads took a dive or two, or went down easier than they should in past, yes ofcoarse, ive seen it happen. And any fan that says otherwise needs to step back take the blinkers aff. Every single team on the planet takes steps to gain advantages on the pitch in every game. It happens!

If the ford players want to do be olympic divers then thats their choice. Aslong as we get a strong ref that will keep the match a fair 1.

My only concern is my team and what we do. Looking for a positive proffessional display this coming saturday. Hopefully it passes without incident, and is a true representation of what our glorious junior game is.

Eeka peeka

Archived