hurlford/talbot.....talbot/hurlford

maurice shavez

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could av changed yie if keano went down but he honest guy we now bigunderdogsbut of we score1sttie back on

Big moment in the game if Andy mistimes challenge it's a penalty probable red card and the ties wide open today and next week

But the big man got a great touch, keepers don't win player of the year but Leishman has been outstanding along with Campbell and lyle imo this season

And special mention to milky ( the player that divides the support) will never win it but shows what Talbot are all about with his work rate n trickery

That's got to be the shortlist for player of the year this season surely.

Balloon

He is correct that was a bigger attendance for Hurlford v Meadow than v Talbot and Killie were at home that day. Thought would have been 1700-1800 today with no Old Firm at home either.

Big moment in the game if Andy mistimes challenge it's a penalty probable red card and the ties wide open today and next week

But the big man got a great touch, keepers don't win player of the year but Leishman has been outstanding along with Campbell and lyle imo this season

And special mention to milky ( the player that divides the support) will never win it but shows what Talbot are all about with his work rate n trickery

That's got to be the shortlist for player of the year this season surely.

Whose place has Campbell taken since he arrived? Milliken was very good yesterday btw, did a lot of running and caused a lot of problems. He should have scored in the first few minutes though.

Talbot were superb as was the support, can't comment on the Meadow support last year as I wasn't there, will say though if it even came close to Talbot's yesterday well done to them. How anyone could criticise the away support yesterday is beyond me and I suspect it's due to frustration at the home's sides performance and the fact that perhaps if anything affected the attendance it was lack of local interest. Someone mentioned Keen's honesty, like when he berated the ref for a penalty when big Andy nipped the ball from his toes, like when he went down with the slightest touch, a theme that was prominent through out the Hurlford side. There were times that it was so blatant it was cringworthy, the worst thing about this was the ref kept awarding them fouls which only encouraged them. Talbot in control of the tie now, deservedly, but I hope that they go on to the final preferably convincingly. Hurlford's rapid rise to fame and the supposed influx of money has been a topic making them unpopular in many quarters. However, the way they went about their business during yesterday's match left a sour taste in the mouth, they deserve nothing and hopefully Talbot will seal their fate next week!

Talbot were superb as was the support, can't comment on the Meadow support last year as I wasn't there, will say though if it even came close to Talbot's yesterday well done to them. How anyone could criticise the away support yesterday is beyond me and I suspect it's due to frustration at the home's sides performance and the fact that perhaps if anything affected the attendance it was lack of local interest. Someone mentioned Keen's honesty, like when he berated the ref for a penalty when big Andy nipped the ball from his toes, like when he went down with the slightest touch, a theme that was prominent through out the Hurlford side. There were times that it was so blatant it was cringworthy, the worst thing about this was the ref kept awarding them fouls which only encouraged them. Talbot in control of the tie now, deservedly, but I hope that they go on to the final preferably convincingly. Hurlford's rapid rise to fame and the supposed influx of money has been a topic making them unpopular in many quarters. However, the way they went about their business during yesterday's match left a sour taste in the mouth, they deserve nothing and hopefully Talbot will seal their fate next week!

Think that's a pretty harsh summary but entitled to your views, granted we have a couple of loud mouths, as do Talbot, but that hardly represents a club that do everything possible to make visiting teams feel welcome. Ref did well yesterday I thought so guess that shows the multitude of views that can be taken.

I thought the crowd was the same as Meadow and think Hurlford had a great support yesterday.

Who was the Talbot number 6, he had a good game?

What was the Kean incident about when he was clean through and went down when Leishman came out? From my view it looked a clear penalty but Kean got straight back up and nobody seemed to complain.

Great save by Leishman and Kean was greeting for a penalty. Was hoping for a strong referee for the game but he was conned by Robertson and McKenzie who went down easily at every tackle. I hate bankrolled clubs but I hate diving b*****rds even more. As for your original question about the penalty what was your thoughts on Hyslop being pulled down in the box in the second half. Stonewall penalty that the referee bottled. By the way Killypiehole that was two postings with the same excuse. Talbot have played most of the season without some massive players and are still in the semi's and near the top of the league. Suck it up you were pumped by a better team, BENCHMARKS 3 SKIDMARKS 1

Archived