Peebles Rovers Unbeaten(League)

Duns 2-8 Burntisland :huh:.

HW 7-2 Eyemouth after being 0-2 down?

EDIT: Actually, WTF?

https://twitter.com/hwufc - It was a strange game today against @EyemouthUnited at Riccarton. 2-0 down with half an hour to go...7-2 victors!

Peebles make it 19 unbeaten.

Table now:

Peebles P19 51pts

Ormiston P21 45pts

--------------------

Heriot-W P20 37pts

Duns P19 34pts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having been around to watch games now, I must say I am pretty disappointed with the standard of the 1st division

I have been to peebles vs hawick-I thought peebles looked very good and played well

I went along to heriot watt vs burntisland and standard on show was very poor both teams, with no standout players and basically a kicking game

ormiston vs hawick was an eyesore

went to Spartans 20s vs Edinburgh uni 20s and the standard was much higher with better quality players than the previous 3 games

I then went along yesterday to watch heriot vale vs south gyle and that was played at a good tempo with very good players on show

verdict out of the 9 teams I seen

1)Spartans 20s, great footballing side, sharp, good movement, incisive passing, great team

2) peebles , experienced,street wise, fit, good individual players

3)heriot vale I thought were good, unlucky to lose but ahd high quality players

4)Edinburgh uni 20s, had a very good team which on the day Spartans were just superior,well orgnaised , great central areas

5)south gyle won the cup.played well, good payers, orgnaised , fit, not great football as a team.

6)ormiston, not the best , good striker, streetwise , not a lot of football played

7) burntisland were good in a final third of the park, good organisation

8)heriot wat had a good goal keeper, never any pattern in their play.no real standouts

9)hawick- awful.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Feeling! Well Done The Rovers! Players Management And Hard Working Commitee Making It All Worthwhile!

Well done Zava. Delighted for john and the boys. Great achievement especially having shaggy playing every week,he's like playing with a man short lol????????.

I'm I lookin in the wrong place on the EOS website, but can they no be fucking arsed to put up the fact that Peebles have won the 1st Division ?? If its their and I'm missing it ignore me, if they haven't put it up that's a hooring disgrace !!!!!

The EOSFA website, has no recognition of Peebles Rovers league win yet.

They want you to text your results in immediately, so they can update their site, but can't acknowledge Rovers achievement almost a week after they clinched the title.

In other news however, Ormiston are laying a new pitch. Mmm !!!!!

EOS League should actually hang there head in shame with regards to this. was at the game last night down in Peebles and they where presented the trophy before the game because the league sponsor could be bothered to stay till the end.

then you have the league representative turning up with a box that he got for carrying a lamp in from ASDA. i feel for Bill, Gerry and John as they have done a fantastic job over the last two years, turning the club around.

a bit on the game: Goalfest and a very heated 90mins, great for a neutral but the referee was soooo bad for both teams. He lost control after 25 mins and only got worse from there.

Well done to the everyone involved at Peebles, fantastic achievement.

Archived