Junior Football to Return to Airdrie?

airdrieman

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/junior-football-could-returning-airdrie-5398821

Good luck to everyone at Gartcairn Juniors as they attempt to join the SJFA. Don't know much about them but they seem to have a really good youth set up and ambitious people at the top.

The more football in Airdrie the better and I'll be sure to visit on a few occasions.

Your like a broken record, players and managers don't go anywhere that they don't want to

Spot on mate. Personally thought it was poor the trial game etc but its done n nothing can change that.

If I was a supporter of Gartcairn thou, I'd have concerns about signing half a team from a club who have won just once in 21 games & look certs to finish bottom of the bottom league.

The guy from newmains was on here a lot and elsewhere pleading for help etc , would he have been eyeing up this job while at the same time pleading for help for newmains.

Whole thing seems a bit strange but that's just me looking at it from the outside.

I guess every team has to start somewhere and if they have taken some of the better newmains players with them and can attract some good local amateur players or under 21s / 19s then they might have a chance of being competitive in their first season.

Who said we are looking to sign half of Newmains players?

For the record Billy McKie and Gary Johnstone had no contract with anyone. they have never been paid by Newmains at any point and worked very hard to make them a success on and off the park but received zero help. My Gartcairn amateur team offered several players to help bolster the Newmains squad.

5 players from our bounce game have now been signed with other Junior teams which i am delighted about as it gives them the opportunity to play at a good level and thats what we are all about.

Thanks for the comments lads good and bad lol

Who said we are looking to sign half of Newmains players?

For the record Billy McKie and Gary Johnstone had no contract with anyone. they have never been paid by Newmains at any point and worked very hard to make them a success on and off the park but received zero help. My Gartcairn amateur team offered several players to help bolster the Newmains squad.

5 players from our bounce game have now been signed with other Junior teams which i am delighted about as it gives them the opportunity to play at a good level and thats what we are all about.

Thanks for the comments lads good and bad lol

Is this the Gartcairn team that plays on a Saturday morning in the Church league?

I know of a few players who play with them and they are cracking players. Will a few be stepping up to junior?

I watched them play cambusnethen and Gartcairn were all over them!

f**k sake, big step up from a church league to even the bottom junior league.

and just for the record before Lang and stato S Irvine pipe up.... all players v camby were amateur lol

Pipe up???

Gartcairn Army, what have I posted that's wrong so far? Did you not play Newmains United players in a friendly without their permission, putting the players at risk of injury??? Yes. Are you intending to sign number of their player??? I've been told that's a massive yes. Are Newmains not currently bottom.of the league with one win all season??? Yes.

You've already posted lies on this forum & in private mail to me, denying for several days the appointment of Billy Mckie & indeed declaring that people were still able go apply for the managers job when I had received a text from Billy the morning FOLLOWING his resignation from Newmains that he had accepted your job offer. Which means you most probably made the job offer before he resigned.

You also deny any knowledge of who was signed players at other junior clubs in the trial game which is also a load of shite as we both know who was involved in the running of that game.

Your not even a junior club yet but you've already shat on the rulebook & are quite willing to lie on the juniors forum.

I know of a few players who play with them and they are cracking players. Will a few be stepping up to junior?

I watched them play cambusnethen and Gartcairn were all over them!

I watched Camby lose to both Hurlford (the young 3rd division side) and Blantyre Tic at the beginning of the season and on each occasion they looked decidedly average.In fact,against Blantyre it looked like they were struggling for players and the guy who I'd rate as their best midfielder (used to play with Fauldhouse Juniors) started the game in goals. :blink:

Pipe up???

Gartcairn Army, what have I posted that's wrong so far? Did you not play Newmains United players in a friendly without their permission, putting the players at risk of injury??? Yes. Are you intending to sign number of their player??? I've been told that's a massive yes. Are Newmains not currently bottom.of the league with one win all season??? Yes.

You've already posted lies on this forum & in private mail to me, denying for several days the appointment of Billy Mckie & indeed declaring that people were still able go apply for the managers job when I had received a text from Billy the morning FOLLOWING his resignation from Newmains that he had accepted your job offer. Which means you most probably made the job offer before he resigned.

You also deny any knowledge of who was signed players at other junior clubs in the trial game which is also a load of shite as we both know who was involved in the running of that game.

Your not even a junior club yet but you've already shat on the rulebook & are quite willing to lie on the juniors forum.

Your really quite an angry we man aint you? you have never anything good to say do you?

to answer all your questions, no i did not play Newmains players in a friendly and no i did not offer anyone a job at Gartcairn while they were at another club and No we are not looking to sign lots of Newmains players

and speaking about the rule book.... Was it not Newmains who took a current Symington Tinto player to be there manager WITHOUT contacting the club???? this is verified by Johnny Fallons dad!

Why do you feel the need to constantly want to argue with people??? you really need to find a women or better still you can have mine as it will save me from listening to the both of you!!

I watched Camby lose to both Hurlford (the young 3rd division side) and Blantyre Tic at the beginning of the season and on each occasion they looked decidedly average.In fact,against Blantyre it looked like they were struggling for players and the guy who I'd rate as their best midfielder (used to play with Fauldhouse Juniors) started the game in goals. :blink:

Yeah decidedly average against two current junior teams! On a night in which was stated earlier in a post to be all amateur players! I just stated my opinion that a team looked a good side!

Think alot of negatives here towards a legacy community football club! I'd have thought the sfja would be wanting more clubs coming into the leagues when there's alot of clubs struggling to keep their heads above water! I think it's great for airdrie and Coatbridge and junior football to have a club like this wanting to be involved!

Archived