Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was nervous as hell at the game when they scored but we got there in the end.

Pleased that WGS wasn't happy with the performance and that he noticed the amount of negative passes we made in the game. Would prefer he sticks to our normal formation from now on.

Felt Maloney had his worst game in a while despite his goals (good penalties btw) He normally gets the ball turns and makes space and then the pass but too often he turned into trouble or misplaced passes.

Even though we weren't at our best at times, on another day we could've had 10 or so with Rhodes missing a couple of relatively easy chances in front of goal and Naismith and Fletcher could've had a couple more aswell.

The fact the crowd was only in the 35000 range with 10000 free tickets given away should be a wakeup call to the SFA that they're holding fans to ransom. South stand was virtually empty

I agree that Maloney was poor, but Davie Provan had him down as Scotland's man of the match. So what do we know?

Been busy since yesterday so not had a lot of time to read all about the game and I only saw some of that last half an hour so don't want to say good or bad about how anyone played but can I just say that the Alan hutton "incident" is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

I was in hysterics and replayed it over and over.

He is my MOTM. Wonderful entertainment. :thumsup2

Been busy since yesterday so not had a lot of time to read all about the game and I only saw some of that last half an hour so don't want to say good or bad about how anyone played but can I just say that the Alan hutton "incident" is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

I was in hysterics and replayed it over and over.

He is my MOTM. Wonderful entertainment. :thumsup2

Somebody get a gif on here :lol:

ETS: check out my new avatar :2cool

No he's not.

He is, in the league. And second top goalscorer in all competitions. Not bad for a young striker in a new league.

He is, in the league. And second top goalscorer in all competitions. Not bad for a young striker in a new league.

7 goals is more than I thought he had (thought he only had 3) and is respectable. He's certainly not tearing it up down there though and that's disappointing after his heroic season at Saints

So I was correct then...yes?

May's at Sheffield Wednesday, to be fair. I'm amazed they're 12th; been stick-on Championship relegation candidates for years now.

7 goals is more than I thought he had (thought he only had 3) and is respectable. He's certainly not tearing it up down there though and that's disappointing after his heroic season at Saints

He's struggled due to playing in a new league, and the club responded by signing as many strikers as they could in a blind panic so now have about seven forwards to wedge in. He'll come good if given a chance again.

At this point WGS has put us in a solid position. We have Poland and Germany still to come to Hampden and ROI, Gibraltur and Georgia away. The Irish are ridiculously lucky. By all accounts the Poles looked the better side and so I don't see the Irish picking up a lucky win in Warsaw, but murphys law states... nevertheless I went to the Warsaw game in October and can tell you that, the place is incredibly difficult to get a result in. We played very well that night. Awesome stadium btw. I also don't think the Irish get a result versus Germany. Not again and that is their last 2 games. So with that being said if we can win our two away games versus Gibraltur and Georgia (surely we can get the 6 pts!) I think 4 points taken from Ireland and Poland games should see us through on 20pts in 3rd place. If we can sneak 6pts from those two, and WGS does the impossible, we can finish 2nd place with a very small outside chance in topping the group as we play the Germans on the last day. That would be great but highly doubtful though.There is no doubt this is by far the toughest group in the qualifying stages.

I wasn't very optimistic when I saw this group. But WGS and the boys have stepped up their game. Some of the anti-Brown chat needs to stop. In october versus Poland he was the best player on the field. OK he had a bevvy out on the town...it happens, but Deila has them in tip top condition. He's not the smartest and looks like he's doing a stretch but he's been great this year and he's in better condition than Lennon had him in. Brown has shown some great maturity on the field this year and I am a Jags fan saying this. We are the ultimate in OF haters. Maloney has also been just tremendous this year. I think the move to Chicago will only help him as he will be a good technical player in the MLS and lead the youngsters there. It is good timing and a better level than coming back to SPFL. Also great to see Fletcher get his dues. He is absolutely what we need to lead the line. Again anti-Fletcher needs to stop. He could have had 6 yesterday. But hattrick huge for his confidence and he does so much off the ball to help us. Just hope he stays fit. Rhodes & Anya provided well and Naismith is a class act. All mature and professional. It's a good time in the final third for Scotland.

Lots of hard work to be done, but we have the depth, the professionalism and the management to take this all the way. In the past we had none of this. It's the Tartan armys turn to up it and make sure our matches are well attended and plenty of positive discussion on the radio and TV. Forget the SFA and their idiocy on ticket prices etc. We can deal with them under the radar away from pre-match qualifying matches. We need to support the boys so our young kids can see Scotland at a finals tournament and kick on to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. I was 16 when we qualified for our last tournament in France.

Completely rubbish :lol:

Do you believe the shite you post? You don't like Scott Brown because hes an exhibs player, you bitter wee man.

Nah, he's an Oldco Rangers man.

Point out the shite I posted? Don't tell me that he wasn't found legless on the pavement or that if he was that's how a top athlete should behave.

No wonder Hibs are perennial losers if this is their attitude.

Nah, he's an Oldco Rangers man.

He was at Rangers as a child. He had left by 13.

No one could hold that against a player.

Point out the shite I posted? Don't tell me that he wasn't found legless on the pavement or that if he was that's how a top athlete should behave.

Bradley Wiggins, Britain's most successful Olympian famously spends his off season semi permanently pissed. Getting caught was bad PR. He was far away enough from the match that it is unlikely to have affected him and I do not believe footballers tune their performances to peak at a specific time so I dont see why there should be a no alcohol rule.

Archived