Scotland vs Gibraltar

ArabFC

Our 2 top picks - Fletcher and Naismith - miss far too many chances. Naismith missed 2 sitters against Germany, Fletcher and Naismith missed some good chances against Georgia, I'm sure Fletcher missed an absolute sitter against Ireland and Naismith missed a good chance today - albeit a good save by their keeper - and Fletcher missed one decent chance - the one off the post - and another sitter where he didn't get anything on it.

Still really like those two but missed chances is a big problem.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An easy win, albeit one where a lot of our fans can see we could've done a lot stronger. While I thought Maloney was decent, I felt Anya had one of his poorest games for Scotland so far. Midway during the second half and I truly reckon we could've truly punished them with someone like Gary Mackay-Stevens in the squad. It was clear that there was a massive difference between the two groups, especially in the way the two penalties as well as fourth and fifth goals. But you can only play what is in-front of you.

Moving forward, we're in a strong position. A point in Dublin would be good. A win would put us well on our way, especially with Poland still to come to Hampden.

An easy win, albeit one where a lot of our fans can see we could've done a lot stronger. While I thought Maloney was decent, I felt Anya had one of his poorest games for Scotland so far. Midway during the second half and I truly reckon we could've truly punished them with someone like Gary Mackay-Stevens in the squad. It was clear that there was a massive difference between the two groups, especially in the way the two penalties as well as fourth and fifth goals. But you can only play what is in-front of you.

Moving forward, we're in a strong position. A point in Dublin would be good. A win would put us well on our way, especially with Poland still to come to Hampden.

Yesterday's game wasn't suited to anya, or gms for that matter.

Pace was not needed, as they were camped. Guile was needed. Maloney normally brings this and he did ok but not brilliant. Wee bannon brought this too.

Rhodes was bright but didn't overly impress. Strikers will miss chances, it's just the way it is. We've got decent strikers in this squad but it's nowhere near our strongest area.

Agree to an extent but it's really hard to make a case for him given his sh*te debut season so far at Wednesday

And yet he's still the top scorer at his club....

And yet he's still the top scorer at his club....

No he's not.

Point still stands though, he's playing in a team that doesn't suit his style, it's basically the same situation with Rhodes and Scotland, good players will still struggle if not utilised correctly.

Only Scott Brown could play against Gibraltar and still be the worst player on the pitch. He's criminally terrible.

Only saw half the game so can't comment on individual players but I heard someone else criticising Brown. If true, he needs to sit out the next couple of games. His attitude off the pitch stinks. I wonder if any of the Gibraltar players were to be found legless on a pavement recently? Brown does reasonably well in a mediocre Celtic team and a Scotland team trying to recoveer from it's lowest point ever. That's not much cause for celebration.

The days of continental players staring with disbelief at our 'top' starts wolfing own chips n cheese with Irn Bru should be well past.

As to the game - 6-1? Meh.

Only saw half the game so can't comment on individual players but I heard someone else criticising Brown. If true, he needs to sit out the next couple of games. His attitude off the pitch stinks. I wonder if any of the Gibraltar players were to be found legless on a pavement recently? Brown does reasonably well in a mediocre Celtic team and a Scotland team trying to recoveer from it's lowest point ever. That's not much cause for celebration.

The days of continental players staring with disbelief at our 'top' starts wolfing own chips n cheese with Irn Bru should be well past.

One night out, ONE. :lol:

As someone else said he's been excellent for us for years now.

First name on the team sheet.

S Fletcher will start and score.

Still can't believe the amount of people who want him dropped are they blind to what he brings to the team?

As long as the team are playing well and getting results at this level it's irrelevant who scores the goals.

Telt yi.

Davie Wilson said he was taking his players to the Blue Lagoon chippy after the game - that's the most lard-infused, unathletic post match meal ever....ever :lol:

Maloney was dreadful,on his holidays by the looks of things. The only way he was going to score was take the penalties-BB did more in his fifteen minutes than Maloney did all day.

Not a surprise the way the game went as we are always poor having to break down part-timers.

The game that scares me the most is Georgia away,do we stick or twist?

Archived