Raith v Hibs

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems not even three wins in a row can stop the bickering between our fans...

Great performance on Saturday. Looked at times as if we were going to be overrun by a decent HIbs side. But we defended brilliantly and deserved the result in the end. Loved the buzz that went round the south stand when Nade was called back to go on. You just knew he was going to do something and sure enough a few minutes later he was tearing through the Hibs defence and setting up Conroy which lead to the goal.

A play off spot is still an outside bet especially if Falkirk beat Cowden midweek. If they drop points on Tuesday and we win on Saturday then I'll start to believe it's our year but sadly I think we've left it just too late. Optimistic for next season though. We've made progress of sorts by turning a second half of the season collapse into a mid season slump this year. If we can continue to progress and sort out that for next season then we'll be challenging

What was he saying?

Can't remember it all word for word but it was the usual 'I want to show I can beat Hibs when I want, I knew if I got on I'd either score or provide an assist, if I could beat Hibs every week I would, I love annoying Hibs' blah blah.

Nine out of ten of us would've sacked Murray in December, and not unjustifiably so to be fair. Seven or eight of that ten, myself included, are delighted he's turned it round and is proving us wrong, but it really seems to be difficult to let go for that other one or two.

I agree entirely, sadly some people (especially on Fan-Talk) have backed themselves so far into a corner with it they cannot come back out without a serious loss of face.

They're not big enough to say what most of us are (even if somewhat uneasily) admitting now. Which is that even though GM has still his faults he is doing a much better job now than he was in all most of 2014, long may he now continue to do so too.

No doubting the fact that the return of McGurn and Hill has been pivotal and the emergence of Barr has also been a revelation, even so it's like watching a totally different team, I'll say it again long may it continue"

Can't remember it all word for word but it was the usual 'I want to show I can beat Hibs when I want, I knew if I got on I'd either score or provide an assist, if I could beat Hibs every week I would, I love annoying Hibs' blah blah.

Not hate, well not from me. Its just banter at the football, a player who used to play for a rival is always going to get stick. I actually laughed when he pulled up his top after scoring, for me that's what footballs all about :lol:

I would be asking why he only tries against us, though.

It is amazing how goals do change games though. If we had went in 2 or 3 goals down, yet playing exactly the same, the South stand would have been venting their anger at how pish the team are playing.

We didn't play particularly well in the first half but everyone did put in a shift. On the other hand, McGurn was actually rarely tested. A couple of tame efforts and the save from Gray in the second half is all a really recall. Obviously Hibs hit the frame of the goal a couple of times, but they don't count as being shots on target..

Because it was 0-0 at half time though, we always had a couple of chances in us, and luckily we took them both. Also to bounce back after immediately being pegged back to 1-1 shows just how well we have been doing these last few weeks.

For me the two big differences are that that same Hibs team would probably have put 3 or 4 past us (like they did in Dec) if we hadn't improved and we probably wouldn't have got 1 goal never mind 2.

Confidence plays its part but we look a different team to the one that was rolling over and looking inept at the tail end of 2014.

Not hate, well not from me. Its just banter at the football, a player who used to play for a rival is always going to get stick. I actually laughed when he pulled up his top after scoring, for me that's what footballs all about :lol:

I would be asking why he only tries against us, though.

Because of his hate.

We got Nadé rattled, so he started rattling the goals in against us.

Now he has the bottle-tops completely rattled. The circle of life and the quintessential Hibs experience.

I actually laughed when he pulled up his top after scoring, for me that's what footballs all about :lol:

To be fair you must've been about the only one. The one-eyed section at the corner of the stand were all doing the "haud me back" routine and foaming at the mouth.

I wish he could get that motivated against every other team in the league.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived