New badge for Airdire

Why don't Airdrie fans just support Rangers full time? Seems pointless otherwise really. Pretending you support another club that basically peddles the same bigoted nonsense that you get at Ibrox.

That's just crazy talk, the mob down Ibrox just ain't bigotted enough for Airdrie fans.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest Lord Lyon is doing Airdrie a favour. I could be wrong, however, the heraldic elements of the lion and the cockerel don’t appear to have any historical significance to Airdrieonians Football Club. This is a great opportunity for them to design a club badge which reflects their true roots.

Clydebank_FC_crest.png

Viper I just noticed your signature so assume you concur with the point. Could you elaborate in what way the English have subjugated the Scottish through violence? Could you also let me know your opinion on Scotland's massive influence in the building and profiteering from the British Empire.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to look up why Jack Straw would say such a thing?

To be honest Lord Lyon is doing Airdrie a favour. I could be wrong, however, the heraldic elements of the lion and the cockerel don’t appear to have any historical significance to Airdrieonians Football Club. This is a great opportunity for them to design a club badge which reflects their true roots.

Clydebank_FC_crest.png

My latin isn't the greatest (or existant) but does "labore et scientia" not mean "sold to the highest bidder for buttons"?

Viper I just noticed your signature so assume you concur with the point. Could you elaborate in what way the English have subjugated the Scottish through violence? Could you also let me know your opinion on Scotland's massive influence in the building and profiteering from the British Empire.

yes I could, but its off topic so i'm not going to derail this thread.

Clydebank_FC_crest.png

Just a pity you were pipped to that punchline by about 64 posts. And by a par at that. Still, in the backwater that is Motherwell I suppose that's classed as bang up to date.

Next time you post best get your appropriate adult to read the entire thread first.

Clydebank_FC_crest.png

Think you will find that this badge belongs to a current Scottish Junior Club. Poor, poor attempt at humour.

Do the Hearts, St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Peterhead badges constitute a "shield" though, as outlined in that article?

Arbroath and Annan, possibly yes.

Pity our badge was designed by the art teacher and not the history teacher who was well in with Lord Lyon...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/andrew-reid-1.263347

Think you'll find that the badge continues to be used by Airdrieonians in 2015.

Sadly adopting the title of Airdrieonians doesn’t make you the same team. In case you have forgotten here are a few historical facts:

Airdrieonians

Formed 1878. Wound up in 2002.

Airdrie United / Airdrie (the United was dropped in the summer of 2012) / Airdrieonians

Formed: 2002 (replaced Clydebank in Scottish Division Two 2002)

crest-2002.gifcrest-2012.gifcrest-2013.gif

Sadly adopting the title of Airdrieonians doesn’t make you the same team. In case you have forgotten here are a few historical facts:

Airdrieonians

Airdrie United / Airdrie (the United was dropped in the summer of 2012) / Airdrieonians

Your point being???

Sadly adopting the title of Airdrieonians doesnt make you the same team. In case you have forgotten here are a few historical facts:

Airdrieonians

Airdrie United / Airdrie(the United was dropped in the summer of 2012) / Airdrieonians

Imagine being so thick that you have to edit a copy and paste! Good work champ! Stay relevant!

Imagine being so thick that you have to edit a copy and paste! Good work champ! Stay relevant!

Give him a bit of slack, he was probably rushing to meet his sister at the train station. :rolleyes:

Your point being???

Give him a bit of slack, he was probably rushing to meet his sister at the train station. :rolleyes:

Similar to Airdrieonians in 2002 you all appear to be very easily wound up. :P Now off you go, you’ve a new badge to design. ;)

Until then here is an Airdrieonians exclusive...

2462ryc.jpg

Archived