New badge for Airdire

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to pull myself together after the mirth-fest that is the many suggested new badges.

My suggestion would be, why bother with a badge at all? The badge on the shirt wasn't always there and we've got a fucking great diamond on our jersey to let everyone know who we are. Or if people are so attached to the one we have then the suggestions of removing the lettering and keeping the remainder seems reasonable enough.

Instead of making a big deal out of f** all, again, as usual - Can anyone tell me what the big deal would be if we - shock horror - simply removed the letters "AFC" from the badge, put the (non) issue to bed in 5 mins flat and moved the f** on ?

The big deal is its going to cost us thousands of pounds.

The new shield badge will have to be registered with the Lord Lyon heraldry society.

ALL merchandise baring the club crest will be illegal to sell after the 1st of September. Everything in the Trust shop that hasn't been sold will have to be binned.

Plus all branding throughout the stadium will have to be removed.

The Lord Lyon has said that a number of clubs will be getting the same treatment. From memory the clubs mentioned as being next up were Rangers, Hearts, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Dunfermline & either Dundee or Dundee United. Although that's just the first batch of clubs, the majority of clubs fall foul of the law in one way or the other.

Absolutely ridiculously trivial rule being enforced by some jumped up pen pushing arsehole!!!

Managed to pull myself together after the mirth-fest that is the many suggested new badges.

My suggestion would be, why bother with a badge at all? The badge on the shirt wasn't always there and we've got a fucking great diamond on our jersey to let everyone know who we are. Or if people are so attached to the one we have then the suggestions of removing the lettering and keeping the remainder seems reasonable enough.

I'd have thought the club would want a badge for a corporate & marketing presence, if nothing else.

Ridiculous situation to be in but if there's a way of keeping the badge; ie. removing the letters or starting a fans' fund to pay to register it then I would be happy to contribute in order to keep it.

If there's no way of keeping it though without it costing thousands of pounds then using either the Archibald era badge, or one similar to it as I believe they wouldn't cost £3k to register, would be my preferred option.

Instead of making a big deal out of f** all, again, as usual - Can anyone tell me what the big deal would be if we - shock horror - simply removed the letters "AFC" from the badge, put the (non) issue to bed in 5 mins flat and moved the f** on ?

It's the OP who thought it a big enough deal to start a thread on, obviously oblivious to the fact that his team team are f*cked too. As time will tell.

I think adopting the original Airdrieonians crest was the right thing to do. All the jokes about Clydebank in disguise (which I myself have done) are fine but its really only red tape that distinguishes the original club from the reformed club - it has been the clear intention from the beginning to resurrect Airdieonians, with the same kit, nickname, 'New Broomfiled' etc.

However, I think its unlikely that people will give the new Airdrieonians that full recognition, or be the force that the original club was in Scottish Football.

I might add that they are as much entitled to be recognised as a revived Airdrionians as 'Sevco' are recognised by most as Rangers.

I expect much dispute, of course :rolleyes:

I think adopting the original Airdrieonians crest was the right thing to do. All the jokes about Clydebank in disguise (which I myself have done) are fine but its really only red tape that distinguishes the original club from the reformed club - it has been the clear intention from the beginning to resurrect Airdieonians, with the same kit, nickname, 'New Broomfiled' etc.

However, I think its unlikely that people will give the new Airdrieonians that full recognition, or be the force that the original club was in Scottish Football.

I might add that they are as much entitled to be recognised as a revived Airdrionians as 'Sevco' are recognised by most as Rangers.

I expect much dispute, of course :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

It's the OP who thought it a big enough deal to start a thread on, obviously oblivious to the fact that his team team are f*cked too. As time will tell.

So it is a worthwhile topic of discussion then if it will affect a number of teams then :)

The big deal is its going to cost us thousands of pounds.

The new shield badge will have to be registered with the Lord Lyon heraldry society.

ALL merchandise baring the club crest will be illegal to sell after the 1st of September. Everything in the Trust shop that hasn't been sold will have to be binned.

Plus all branding throughout the stadium will have to be removed.

The Lord Lyon has said that a number of clubs will be getting the same treatment. From memory the clubs mentioned as being next up were Rangers, Hearts, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Dunfermline & either Dundee or Dundee United. Although that's just the first batch of clubs, the majority of clubs fall foul of the law in one way or the other.

Absolutely ridiculously trivial rule being enforced by some jumped up pen pushing arsehole!!!

Link?

This wasn't something I read. I'm part of the Airdrie Supporters Trust. One of our members is a lawyer and he along with a local MSP represented Airdrieonians at a meeting with the Lord Lyon.

Ah ok.

I find the entire thing ridiculous to be honest. Pointless forcing clubs to change the badge

On the money, chap. " 'Sevco' are recognised by most as Rangers.". is what P&B is all about.

On the Airdrie thing? You have one of the classiest strips in football. Can't give a f**k about the badge.

Archived