New badge for Airdire

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ, what a mess. I'd like to think that Airdrie will be successful in appealing this as its potentially a massive ballache for half of Scottish football.

Why Formartine didn't kick up a massive stink is beyond me, idiots.

Invoking 16th century heraldic law to have a go at a football club? What a joke. We're such drips in this country - these folk should have had their heads in a basket long ago. It's the 21st century and we have Lords telling folk what to do.

The Lord Lyon has said that a number of clubs will be getting the same treatment. From memory the clubs mentioned as being next up were Rangers, Hearts, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Dunfermline & either Dundee or Dundee United. Although that's just the first batch of clubs, the majority of clubs fall foul of the law in one way or the other.

Absolutely ridiculously trivial rule being enforced by some jumped up pen pushing arsehole!!!

Those who could be in bother if I understand the rules correctly:

Dundee, Ross County

Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Livingston, QotS, Raith Rovers

Airdrie, Ayr

Rovers, EastFife, Elgin, Montrose.

I take it there isn't some time limit on when clubs can be persuaded? Surely if you've had the badge for 50+ years it would be unreasonable to now force them to change it

Dundee, Ross County

Airdrie, Ayr

As EJF says add St Johnstone to that list then Dunfermline, Peterhead, Arbroath and Annan.

If they also ban lettering only badges, that takes in Stenny as well as QOS and Dundee mentioned above and possibly the Rangers Cypher, it's a massive shit can of worms and that's only the Senior teams, there will be as many if not more Juniors and let's face it, they've already gone after Formatine, so no one is safe.

That's the first time I've seen it. It's basically the England badge with AFC in the middle instead of a third lion?

I shouldn't be surprised, I guess. Airdrie is a Sevco backwater town and always has been.

We have a large cock too

That's the first time I've seen it. It's basically the England badge with AFC in the middle instead of a third lion?

I shouldn't be surprised, I guess. Airdrie is a Sevco backwater town and always has been.

We have a large cock too

Yep a massive black one just like his Maw and Da are used to when she or he's street walking.

Dundee, Ross County

Airdrie, Ayr

I'll be delighted if this Lord Lyon stuff means we can ditch our MS Paint badge.

Why don't Airdrie fans just support Rangers full time? Seems pointless otherwise really. Pretending you support another club that basically peddles the same bigoted nonsense that you get at Ibrox.

Try harder, StandFree, try even harder.

"Highland League Formartine United were the last club to feel the court's wrath and had to change their badge in 2012 after a member of the public lodged a complaint."

A member of public lodged a complaint.. Really? Are some people for fucking real?! :lol:

As EJF says add St Johnstone to that list then Dunfermline, Peterhead, Arbroath and Annan.

Do the Hearts, St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Peterhead badges constitute a "shield" though, as outlined in that article?

Arbroath and Annan, possibly yes.

Do the Hearts, St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Peterhead badges constitute a "shield" though, as outlined in that article?

Arbroath and Annan, possibly yes.

Apparently any contained shape can constitute a shield.

The 'Lion Rampant' Flag

This is not a national flag and its use by citizens and corporate bodies is entirely wrong.

Gold, with a red rampant lion and royal tressure, it is the Scottish Royal banner, and its correct use is restricted to only a few Great Officers who officially represent The Sovereign, including;

the First Minister as Keeper of the Great Seal of Scotland,

Lord Lieutenants in their Lieutenancies,

the Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland,

the Lord Lyon King of Arms,

and other lieutenants specially appointed.

Its use by other, non-authorised persons is an offence under the Act of Parliament 1672 cap. 47 and 30 & 31 Vict. cap. 17.

Archived