Dalbeattie star vs Edinburgh city

dal45

stop living in the past grim, edin city are new league champions!!

I'm not living in the past Dal, we all know who's wearing the LL Champs Crown next season & we all (or I hope we do) want them to be wearing it in the SPFL2. But they are not their yet. The current LL Champs wish Ed City all the best in the upcoming play-offs & for next season wherever they may be, but they will be the LL Champs then.

If this was miss world & you had miss scotland as the stunner no one could beat you wouldn't claim her to be the champ until the outgoer had her full season would you?

Grimbo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not living in the past Dal, we all know who's wearing the LL Champs Crown next season & we all (or I hope we do) want them to be wearing it in the SPFL2. But they are not their yet. The current LL Champs wish Ed City all the best in the upcoming play-offs & for next season wherever they may be, but they will be the LL Champs then.

If this was miss world & you had miss scotland as the stunner no one could beat you wouldn't claim her to be the champ until the outgoer had her full season would you?

Grimbo

Your clutching at straws my friend, your reign has come to an end!

Your clutching at straws my friend, your reign has come to an end!

Sorry Dal, I was wrong, the Star although playing only 5 full time team players (3 of them being Dalbeattie Ladies) & the rest they got off the streets of Dalbeattie managed to over come the might of Ed City who had 12 pro players on the pitch & the ref in their pocket too (who allowed them to play 12), managed in Roy of the Dalbeattie Rovers style to do a Dalbeattie & Goliath by smashing the Long standing League Champions.

Is that more like it mate? :lol:

Grimbo

After winning the title, surely the next goal would have been going through the campaign unbeaten so well done to Dalbeattie for being the first team to beat a really good Edinburgh side

No. City's next priority is to have a fully fit squad for the play offs

No. City's next priority is to have a fully fit squad for the play offs

I would imagine there next priority would be to win the next game,and take it one game at a time.they have lost only a few games all season so it would hardly be good for them heading into the play offs if they got a run of bad results cos they took there eyes of ball in the league games.

it is now that there unbeaten run has came to an end!!

Were there a number of changes from the city team of previous weeks? I'd imagine they played their strongest team in the league game v EK. Does anyone know how yesterday's team compared?

I would imagine there next priority would be to win the next game,and take it one game at a time.they have lost only a few games all season so it would hardly be good for them heading into the play offs if they got a run of bad results cos they took there eyes of ball in the league games.

If they want to play some mind games, then surely they would go in to the play-offs having a dismal final record, the highland league team will be walking in the park before they know what's hit them.

Everyone will remember them as the 1st team to gain promotion, rather than the team that nearly won every match in their League but it cost them promotion, get a grip lads. Youse are typing with your hearts not your brains.

All the highland teams that are in with a shout of winning their League will be watching every Ed City game from now on to try & get as much info on them, if you was manager what would you do?

Grimbo

Why does everybody have to have a pop.

Well done Edinburgh City FC on winning the league.

Well done to Dalbeattie Star for becoming the 1st team to defeat the league champions

The End

This. Spot on.

Although in grims world their not champs.....

This. Spot on.

Although in grims world their not champs.....

Correction

Well done on only losing 1 match in the League (so far) as you may all be aware Spartans (amongst others) have beaten them in cup matches.

On the 'champions" issue let's see what the record books say who the Champions of this season are & who are the champions for next season.

Any ideas for our Telly channel name next season?

A prize for the best entry.

Grimbo

oh are you Broomhill Social Club now? I can understand how you've got so much time on your hands to pish about round here, shame you haven't put 1/2 as much effort in to sorting out the pitch youse play on occasionally play on?

Grimbo

You sound like a bitter wee man , oh how the mighty have fallen. ( Not you, your team)

Bitter wee man channel, nah don't like the sound of that.

Patches I was depending on you son, never mind.

I know there's plenty of gloaters out there who love to see us fail but I love that youse spend so much time on us, you've all managed to turn another thread on to a Spartans thread. Saves me a lot of time & energy. I think if you were to devote as much of your time in to supporting a club they'd be happy to have you.

Our goal is still to get promotion, that won't change until we get there. So have we failed? Well yes this season but there's no time limit, we've waited long enough for the pyramid, I can't see it going away now, can you?

I really hope Ed City get promotion, partly cos it'll mean I won't have to go to the ceramic palace for a season or so. I'll miss the E City boys but it won't be forever. Knowing our luck we'd get them in the Cup ha ha.

I get to look forward to the Welfare games for starters so there's still plenty to be positive about.

Grimbo

This game for the neutral supporter was an entertaining one, With good football being played on the pitch Dalbeattie’s goalkeeper for me was certainly my man of the match as he had some great saves and several blocks from the City forward line but it wasn’t to be their day and credit to Dalbeattie on getting the result.

I think the reason why not so many City people have posted on here recently is due to letting the team do the talking on the pitch as this speaks volumes, I have noticed that some ‘’banter’’ has certainly changed for the worse in some people over the last few months which is a shame.

It would have been nice to have gone through the league unbeaten but although disappointed it’s not the end of the world, Any poster on here would love to admit that if someone had said at the start of the season your team would go on a 20 game unbeaten league run and win the title with 6 games remaining you would think they were mad. Still a lot for Edinburgh City to play for regarding the play off and don’t forget we are still involved in 2 cups, A few of the boys are coming back from long term injuries and it was nice to see them making an appearance and getting game time on Sunday.

Archived