The All New 2015 MLB thread

lichtie23

Already missing the baseball season, but at least the offseason should be entertaining.

Any predictions for the bigname freeagents this year? Price? Heyward? Grienke?

Cubs seem likely to add pitching but Price might be a bit too expensive a year after giving Lester a big deal. Heyward will be expensive but possibly the best value given his age. One of the very few players that could justify handing an 8-year contract to. Grienke seems likely to stay with the Dodgers, but if they move on will be interesting to see where he lands.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Have any of you been to a ball game? Not even necessarily in the States.

Three

- Diamondbacks vs. Mets in 2012

- Blue Jays vs. Royals in 2014

- Blue Jays vs. Athletics two months ago

All have been fantastic games actually

I spent a summer working in Atlanta and stayed near the Braves Stadium so went to about a dozen games.

It was the time of Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz so saw some excellent pitchers.

I am hoping to do a road trip in 2017 and visit three or four cities purley to go to basball games

Have any of you been to a ball game? Not even necessarily in the States.

Only been to one game in the states - Cubs v Pirates back in the early Sammy Sosa days. Really had no idea what was going on but became a fan in the years that followed.

Went on a tour of Wrigley last summer when in Chicago which was good fun, but really need to get back to some more games

I'd assume they'd want to send someone decent across for it if they want to try and sell the game in Europe more. Id go whoever it was, but I think they'd probably struggle if it was say Rockies-Padres.

I'd assume they'd want to send someone decent across for it if they want to try and sell the game in Europe more. Id go whoever it was, but I think they'd probably struggle if it was say Rockies-Padres.

I'd reckon it will be Yankees and someone, maybe Red Sox since they're probably the 2 most well known teams over here.

Thats a hefty contract for Price (7 years $217 million) and no surprise he signed quickly for that much - he has an opt-out after 3 years as well so if he's good/healthy he'll be gone and if he gets injured it will be a whoor of a contract for the next 7 years...

Grienke sounds like he is picking between the Dodgers and Giants, and I'd expect Heyward to re-sign with the Cardinals for a boatload at smoe point.

Nice to see some movement just ahead of the winter meetings.

Archived