The All New 2015 MLB thread

lichtie23

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mets pitching has been very impressive against both the Cubs and Dodgers.

Cubs nearly got to deGrom in the 1st last night, but didn't really threaten after that and Murphy seems to be providing enough offense all on his own this series.

Ho-hum. Will keep fingers crossed for a Cubs miracle starting tonight, but i can't see the series making it back to New York.

Haven't watched much of the playoffs but although I have a soft spot for the Blue Jays I am absolutely delighted to see Ryan Madson doing so well for the Royals and really hope they go all the way. I actually thought he had retired after not pitching for 3 years until I saw his name crop up midway through the season.

The way he has come back is fantastic.

To beat the Cards and still crash out is a sore one, but the Mets are well worth their WS spot. By far the better team in this series....and the Cubs are a really good team this year.

Best of luck to them. I'd like to see them go on and win it now.

As for the Cubs, I'm just looking forward to next season. It's strange to head in to a new season expecting big things again.

To beat the Cards and still crash out is a sore one, but the Mets are well worth their WS spot. By far the better team in this series....and the Cubs are a really good team this year.

Best of luck to them. I'd like to see them go on and win it now.

As for the Cubs, I'm just looking forward to next season. It's strange to head in to a new season expecting big things again.

Aye, this. There will be chat about the curse, inevitably, but that is bollocks - the Cubs have massively exceeded expectations this year and there is no shame at going out at this stage, even if it ends up being 4-0.

Mind you, I don't know if anyone remembers what happened to the Red Sox in the ALCS when they finally ended their curse... ;)

Shortstop Cliff Pennington in to pitch in the 9th - I'm not even mad hahaha!

Had to go to work so I missed that :lol: embarrassing loss.

Hopefully we win tonight, but I can see the Royal's booking their trip to the WS tonight with ease as well

There is zero chance we are coming back from 3-0 down.

But I am absolutely delighted with our season. We have been fantastic.

I'd say more like 5% chance but it feels like zero. Need to get a lead early and see what happens tonight - Cubs haven't had a lead at any point in the last 3-games.

Season as a whole has been incredible. Every reason to be optimistic for the next few years.

Had to go to work so I missed that :lol: embarrassing loss.

Hopefully we win tonight, but I can see the Royal's booking their trip to the WS tonight with ease as well

Apparently he's warming up with the pitchers for the game tonight as well! :lol:

Really highlights the big difference in the Royals bullpen and the Blue Jays. Clearly the Jays aren't going to go back to either Hawkins or Tepera after last night. Hendricks pitched 4 innings so won't be available, Loup is on family leave and Cecil is still injured. Lowe has struggled in the post-season too.

We can only rely on Sanchez and Osuna from the bullpen so unless we have Stroman in there (unlikely) then we need Estrada to make it through 7 innings unscathed. :(

Apparently he's warming up with the pitchers for the game tonight as well! :lol:

Really highlights the big difference in the Royals bullpen and the Blue Jays. Clearly the Jays aren't going to go back to either Hawkins or Tepera after last night. Hendricks pitched 4 innings so won't be available, Loup is on family leave and Cecil is still injured. Lowe has struggled in the post-season too.

We can only rely on Sanchez and Osuna from the bullpen so unless we have Stroman in there (unlikely) then we need Estrada to make it through 7 innings unscathed. :(

There's been some very poor bullpen management in this. John Gibbons isn't the only one, but I'm fairly sure Bruce Bochy wouldn't have done that.

Mets pitching has been very impressive against both the Cubs and Dodgers.

Cubs nearly got to deGrom in the 1st last night, but didn't really threaten after that and Murphy seems to be providing enough offense all on his own this series.

Ho-hum. Will keep fingers crossed for a Cubs miracle starting tonight, but i can't see the series making it back to New York.

The best pitching wins the World Series. Mets pitching has stepped it up and shut it down, so to speak. They've got to be favourites at this point.

Haven't watched much of the playoffs but although I have a soft spot for the Blue Jays I am absolutely delighted to see Ryan Madson doing so well for the Royals and really hope they go all the way. I actually thought he had retired after not pitching for 3 years until I saw his name crop up midway through the season.

The way he has come back is fantastic.

Did the Phillies not make it this year? Must have been unlucky.

Just as well he made it into the 8th! Incredible performance from Estrada. Great to see Tulo's bat get hot as well!

Let's see which David Price shows up on Friday!

Archived