115,000 SNP Members

Colkitto

I got an email from Philipa saying that they had 1500. Maybe a lot of the volunteers you're thinking of aren't paid up members.

Only ever met one non member activist in CA. I know there are a few campaigning in Ayr.

Perhaps she's just understating to avoid embarrassing Labour too much. She was insistent on running a clean campaign, and to be fair to all the candidates it has been...although that may be down to Donohoe being largely anonymous

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the numbers who have joined being reflected in any sort of activity?

I know it's a small point but if even10% of SNP members had a poster in their window then I would have thought it would be more visible than it actually is.

I know it's a small point but if even10% of SNP members had a poster in their window then I would have thought it would be more visible than it actually is.

It seems to be proportional. Before the refrendum ibwould say 15% of the branch were active and even though the branch has grown 3 fold this is still the case.

There's definitely more activists about but most new members are still not with it yet. We had a car cavalcade last night with 18 cars and similar before was 5/6 but the number of window stickers is negligible. People seem happy to be members and make their vote but not yet ready to stand out. It'll be interesting to see the difference by the time Holyrood comes around, or will it be called SE16?

Labour-led Falkirk Council banned lamppost posters a few years back. That was always a good indicator.

Most of these people signing up are patriotic youth, but it's misguided patriotism. Nobody should feel wounded by the no vote, it was a great blessing given the oil collapse and the revenue projections, The SNP are ideological amateurs with no clue how to run an economy properly, hence they were clinging to the pound and eu like life rafts - anything that would mean continuity and a fall back for them. We would have been an eu satellite like Latvia, powerless and under Brussels control. The euro would have been imposed and people would have suffered as a result. The start up costs for independent Scotland would also have been huge, whole layers of bureaucracy would have had to have been added, along with the debt share from London. We dodged a hail of bullets last year, be grateful. Whatever your problems are, the SNP are not the answer.

Most of these people signing up are patriotic youth, but it's misguided patriotism. Nobody should feel wounded by the no vote, it was a great blessing given the oil collapse and the revenue projections, The SNP are ideological amateurs with no clue how to run an economy properly, hence they were clinging to the pound and eu like life rafts - anything that would mean continuity and a fall back for them. We would have been an eu satellite like Latvia, powerless and under Brussels control. The euro would have been imposed and people would have suffered as a result. The start up costs for independent Scotland would also have been huge, whole layers of bureaucracy would have had to have been added, along with the debt share from London. We dodged a hail of bullets last year, be grateful. Whatever your problems are, the SNP are not the answer.

This from someone who backs a party with no record of government at all, whose main talent is soaking the EU gravy chain for their own personal gratification. And by the way, tell that p***k Coburn to give Doctor Who his coat back.

See when you join the SNP, do you just buy a membership and that's you until you opt out, or do you have to pay to rejoin every year?

The reason I ask is because if it's the latter then September could be the first test of membership numbers.

See when you join the SNP, do you just buy a membership and that's you until you opt out, or do you have to pay to rejoin every year?

The reason I ask is because if it's the latter then September could be the first test of membership numbers.

You can do both. Only around 10% of our new members have paid up for a year.

There will be a dip but i would say its going to stay in 6 figures.

I think you have to pay to join every year?

On the night the Telegraph broke that, I looked into it and very nearly joined. I took it to be a year long commitment that you would have to renew.

It's the fucking Scottish Mafia. You CANNOT leave.

Not alive anyway. :unsure:

On the night the Telegraph broke that, I looked into it and very nearly joined. I took it to be a year long commitment that you would have to renew.

Aye. Was just thinking that a lot of people that signed up after the referendum may just allow their membership to expire. Perhaps not, though.

This from someone who backs a party with no record of government at all, whose main talent is soaking the EU gravy chain for their own personal gratification. And by the way, tell that p***k Coburn to give Doctor Who his coat back.

I vote on the issues that matter to me, son. And Farage has worked in the real world unlike your tartan glorified town councilors. If he needs any help he will assuredly get it from the civil service and business. Nobody in business backs the snp except the semi detached Jim McColl. Vote in your SNP muppet by all means.

You can join for one year for a set price or pay a monthly subscription that automatically renews.

I just looked at our membership and whilst around 10% of members in the last quarter chose the one off payment it seems a lot more who joined between Sep-Nov did pay the one off fee.

Out of 275 members we have 70 expiring between Sep 15 - May 16. So there may well be a bit of a dent in the numbers.

Even if we lose them all we have still more than doubled the membership.

12 pound a yr, every year. New card issued yearly also. Ive been a member for few yrs. I used to get a wee newspaper sent every quarter... but now its just the odd letter from alex and now nic.

I vote on the issues that matter to me, son. And Farage has worked in the real world unlike your tartan glorified town councilors. If he needs any help he will assuredly get it from the civil service and business. Nobody in business backs the snp except the semi detached Jim McColl. Vote in your SNP muppet by all means.

As I said to another political zoomer on here, it would be just super if you could show your face here on Friday morning.

I wish to taste your bitter, salty tears.

Archived