3 Horse race

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw something earlier tho I think they had Morton winning 2-1 but I think they meant 1-0 and Forfar wining 5-1 would see both be equal on pts, goal difference, same goals for and against, and equal on head to heads 2 wins each and same goals 6-6. This means a one off game at a neutral venue. This outcome is definitely possible.

I have little doubt tho Ayr are fighting for the lives Forfar will win. Ayr have lost 7 of their last 9 away games and Forfar only failing to score in 1 of their last 9 home games winning 6 of them. Peterhead have only lost 4 of their last 9 away games only failing to score in 1 game and of course they have already won 1-0 away to Morton. Morton imo can be erratic only winning 5 out of their last 9 home games, 3 of which was against Stirling, Ayr and Stenhousemuir ( yes I know they were still wins). However they failed to score in the 4 games they lost and only won 2 of their last 4 home games.

Ok to summarise I feel strongly that Forfar will comfortably beat Ayr. Peterhead have nothing to play for and they lost at home last week to Airdrie. What effort will they put in on Saturday? That's the crux of the matter! I think Morton will win but not as much as Forfar but I think they will win the league but only by a goal or two?

By the way I'm murder at fixed odds! Lol! ( sorry Stranraer you have had a great season but I can't see both of them throwing it away but it's a funny old game! )

Saw something earlier tho I think they had Morton winning 2-1 but I think they meant 1-0 and Forfar wining 5-1 would see both be equal on pts, goal difference, same goals for and against, and equal on head to heads 2 wins each and same goals 6-6. This means a one off game at a neutral venue. This outcome is definitely possible.

I have little doubt tho Ayr are fighting for the lives Forfar will win. Ayr have lost 7 of their last 9 away games and Forfar only failing to score in 1 of their last 9 home games winning 6 of them. Peterhead have only lost 4 of their last 9 away games only failing to score in 1 game and of course they have already won 1-0 away to Morton. Morton imo can be erratic only winning 5 out of their last 9 home games, 3 of which was against Stirling, Ayr and Stenhousemuir ( yes I know they were still wins). However they failed to score in the 4 games they lost and only won 2 of their last 4 home games.

Ok to summarise I feel strongly that Forfar will comfortably beat Ayr. Peterhead have nothing to play for and they lost at home last week to Airdrie. What effort will they put in on Saturday? That's the crux of the matter! I think Morton will win but not as much as Forfar but I think they will win the league but only by a goal or two?

By the way I'm murder at fixed odds! Lol! ( sorry Stranraer you have had a great season but I can't see both of them throwing it away but it's a funny old game! )

Both Morton and Forfar have the exact same record over the last 11 games, winning 8 and losing 3.

If we are erratic, surely they are too?

This.

I think we're going to utterly horse Peterhead in all honesty.

I hope you are right. We just need to get a couple of early goals to settle the nerves, and then we can kick on from there. I just hope if it's still 0-0 the longer the games goes on, the fans stay behind the team and not get on their backs. We really need to support the team for the full 90 minutes tomorrow, even if things aren't going the way we want.

Both Morton and Forfar have the exact same record over the last 11 games, winning 8 and losing 3.

If we are erratic, surely they are too?

Yes however look at the record of Morton and Forfar over their last 9 home games and also the away record of Peterhead and Ayr over the last 9 away games.

I hope you are right. We just need to get a couple of early goals to settle the nerves, and then we can kick on from there. I just hope if it's still 0-0 the longer the games goes on, the fans stay behind the team and not get on their backs. We really need to support the team for the full 90 minutes tomorrow, even if things aren't going the way we want.

With a bigger crowd, and the stakes being what they are, I can see that being the case. At least, I hope so.

This Morton side has shown that, when the pressure is on, they can handle it. And shown it more than once. And the pressure is well and truly on tomorrow. That's why I'm confident that it'll go our way, and why I think it'll be a convincing one.

Sometimes was the key word .

Your strikers efforts at Scappa against us in the last game kind of highlights my comment.

On the matter of league positions, could you possibly do us a favour and skelp Farfar in the play offs as we fancy our chances against you in the final ! Cheers !

xW6pI8G.jpg

Morton certainly don't have the best strike force and definitely don't have the best goalie ,what you do have is fans that bicker amongst themselves and the fans most deluded

xW6pI8G.jpg

Congratulations to Morton for eventually managing to see off the challenge of the plucky part timers and also to Jim Duffy for managing to get right up the noses of the Morton support. Legend .

It has been fun . See you all later. Missing you already !

Congratulations to Morton for eventually managing to see off the challenge of the plucky part timers and also to Jim Duffy for managing to get right up the noses of the Morton support. Legend .

It has been fun . See you all later. Missing you already !

You seem upset :lol:

post-41554-14306878900392_thumb.jpg

post-41554-14306879047612_thumb.jpg

Archived