3 Horse race

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we rename this thread "2 horse race" now that full time big spending Morton's bottle has gone?

The fat lady ain't opened her face yet.

Maybe this time next week, tho.......

I still don't know how we're only 4 points behind, we've been dreadful most of the season and we have lost 11 games. Somehow were managing to win games that we don't deserve to win (Ayr 2 weeks ago as the most recent example). The fact we still challenging just shows how bad this league really is.

I wouldn't count us out yet, both Stranraer & Forfar have tough games coming up which they could potentially drop points in but if we lose another game that's it for us. I don't see Forfar or Stranraer winning all their remaining games which will open it right up but if either of them do they deserve to win the league.

I'm just surprised that you haven't hastily deleted the above word salad; your previous cryptic crossword entry on this thread did not go unnoticed.

Having reached a truly astonishing 55,000+ posts (kudos btw), you might consider practising a little self-censorship yourself rather than the attention-seeking trolling you wheel out on a daily / hourly basis.

The deleted post in question referred to a Half Man Half Biscuit song entitled "The Referee's Alphabet", and in particular the line "Get back in your technical area". Didn't think most people would have heard it, hence its deletion.

Stay well.

The deleted post in question referred to a Half Man Half Biscuit song entitled "The Referee's Alphabet", and in particular the line "Get back in your technical area". Didn't think most people would have heard it, hence its deletion.

Stay well.

As a rule there should be more Half Man Half Biscuit.

I told you before that Brechin will have a huge say in this title race . 8)
and according to some forfar supporters Airdrie won't have any say next week against them, very dangerous game to play.

It really is Stranraer's to throw away now. Forfar have got it extremely tough with their next two games being Airdrie at home and Peterhead away, while Stranraer have Dunfermline away and Stenhousemuir at home. That should be a stick-on six points for Stranraer, while Forfar will be doing extremely well to win both those games.

As for Morton, Stirling and Stenhousemuir in the next two weeks should bring six points but even at that we'll more than likely be going to Stair Park four points behind, and there's no chance of us winning there. Morton are out of this title race.

It really is Stranraer's to throw away now. Forfar have got it extremely tough with their next two games being Airdrie at home and Peterhead away, while Stranraer have Dunfermline away and Stenhousemuir at home. That should be a stick-on six points for Stranraer, while Forfar will be doing extremely well to win both those games.

As for Morton, Stirling and Stenhousemuir in the next two weeks should bring six points but even at that we'll more than likely be going to Stair Park four points behind, and there's no chance of us winning there. Morton are out of this title race.

It's anything but over as all teams in the division are capable of beating anyone on their day, I include Stirling in that too as they can play good football but lack belief.

while Stranraer have Dunfermline away and Stenhousemuir at home. That should be a stick-on six points for Stranraer, while Forfar will be doing extremely well to win both those games.

TBH if you asked most Stranraer fans what team they'd want to play for stick-on points at home, Stenny would be the last team they'd pick.

and according to some forfar supporters Airdrie won't have any say next week against them

I find that hard to believe. Airdrie have the best record in the league over the last 10 games, you'd be mad to think this was an easy 3 points for the Loons.

For Forfar, the biggest issues will be Baxter and Young being available, especially the former.

The fat lady ain't opened her face yet.

Maybe this time next week, tho.......

Wot a difference a week can make, eh??

Aye, Forfar are now favourites, but Peterhead away is a tough one and either Morton or Stranraer could realistically be top of the league this time next week. f**k knows, I've given up making predictions. I really, really don't think we can afford to be behind Stranraer going into the second last day though.

Archived