Dunfermline v Morton - Saturday 28th March 2015

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'd have had three less points if you take away his goals. We obviously have far worse players but when judging against expectations, he's been a bit of a nightmare.

I don't see anything wrong with this. He's not saying Moffat is shite. He's saying that in a team that was free scoring last season and finished comfortably in 2nd, Moffat was expected to score plenty of goals. He hasn't and his goal total is pretty atrocious. That the team are gash and aren't creating many chances is obviously a big factor but it's hard to argue that a guy who was signed to score loads of goals and hasn't is not a disappointment.

Moffat has been used poorly. Playing upfront with Kyle, running on to his knockdowns was a huge part of his game. Also the amount of penalties scored perhaps make his goal tally look better.

In our team he's had to change the way he plays, it must be hard for him to adapt to dropping deep to get the ball. Ayr would get the ball to him as soon as possible where as we have had no urgency in getting forward.

It's clear that he's a good player and would always be first name on my team sheet. Just need to get a better strike partner to compliment his style and the midfield need to push up more. I thought Barrowman would have been good with Moffat but so far it's not looking great. Time will tell though. . .

Moffat drops too deep and collects the ball or goes out wide, he shouldn't be doing all this work and concentrate on scoring.

Problem is he's doing it because the rest of the team aren't. I think losing Wallace was a huge blow. Perhaps even Dargo could have been more effective than the young guys? I think we were a bit hasty to get rid of him he calmed down the forwards and had a good footballing brain even if his legs had gone.

Potter or someone needs to tell moffat to concentrate on scoring and just shooting on sight. He was brilliant in the first cup game. Running through and bang full of confidence.

I think this is going to be 0 - 0 all the way through.....

both teams booed, everyone leaving early.....

till...

in 90 minutes + 2....

in front of 300 punters, who would have left earlier,

if they hadn't fallen asleep.....

Dunfermline score, and seize the 3 points.

till...

in 90 minutes + 2....

It's a Dunfermline/Morton match thread - not a Stranraer wish list <_<

till...

in 90 minutes + 2....

post-56864-1427407308063_thumb.jpg

Genuinely the worst football league I've witnessed.

Really? Honestly? "genuinely the worst football league"?

6 games to go and every team has something to play for. That's every team, just in case you missed it.

Some great football, some great goals, some great saves, some awful defending, generally awful refereeing giving talking points. How is it the worst league ever?

Pretty sure that the seriously corrupt leagues where money buys off the refs are a wee bit worse than this one.

Stop being a fud and enjoy the competition.

Loonytoons, on 26 Mar 2015 - 23:52, said:

Really? Honestly? "genuinely the worst football league ever"?

That wasn't what he said. He said it's the worst league he's witnessed. There's an absolutely massive difference in those two phrases.

That wasn't what he said. He said it's the worst league he's witnessed. There's an absolutely massive difference in those two phrases.

I've witnessed the Italian and French league corruption fiascos in recent years without watching a game. Your point is?

I'd go:

Scully

McAusland

Buchanan

Urquhart

Millen

Falkingham

Geggan

Whittle

Faissal

Barrowman

Hopkirk

Subs:

Goodfellow

Williamson

Byrne

Spence

George

Allan

Moffat

It'll be interesting to see if McManus plays for Morton after being involved for Scotland U21s away to Hungary today. MacDonald and Caldwell are more than capable as a partnership up front together though so it will be no let up for the Pars. Connor Pepper is a player who I've been impressed with this season and I felt his energy and directness changed the game the last time we met at Cappielow. I wouldn't say we needed to win, but I'd say we need at least a draw to give ourselves a chance of 4th. A defeat wouldn't put us out of contention - worst case scenario is 7 points behind Brechin, but it'd be a massive set back.

Really? Honestly? "genuinely the worst football league"?

6 games to go and every team has something to play for. That's every team, just in case you missed it.

Some great football, some great goals, some great saves, some awful defending, generally awful refereeing giving talking points. How is it the worst league ever?

Pretty sure that the seriously corrupt leagues where money buys off the refs are a wee bit worse than this one.

Stop being a fud and enjoy the competition.

I agree with him. I've been following Morton up and down the country since 1989 and this is the worst standard of football I've ever witnessed and I include when I saw us compete in the bottom tier, post administration. Competetive aye but I couldn't stomach another season watching this.

Loonytoons, on 27 Mar 2015 - 00:01, said:

I've witnessed the Italian and French league corruption fiascos in recent years without watching a game. Your point is?

Am I supposed to make sense of that? Why do I give a f**k about corruption scandals? Their leagues are still much better than this utter piss pot.

Sorry to disagree with you Morton folks but I've been impressed with some of our opponents at times (not by us though!). In the last few months, Stranraer, Peterhead and Brechin all spring to mind as having put in pretty decent displays at East End. Not 'world class' but for third tier part-timers I've been impressed by the organisation, fitness and the odd bit of skill.

You guys are probably just a bit scunnered the same as us at seeing your own full time team and 'experienced' managed serving up utter dross when teams who appear to be at a disadvantage seem to be able to get much more out of the available resources.

Archived