Latest scores 21st March

The'FORD

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finnigan was the victim of his own play-acting yesterday. He went down like a sack of spuds every time someone even went near him so when he actually got injured nobody batted an eyelid as they assumed he'd be back up running about again in 2 seconds like he had done about 5 times previously. Did look a sore one he got hope he's ok.

Of course it was a cynical tackle by Deano on him but it was just a trip. A yellow card all day long and both teams accepted that. Never a red in a million years. Deano took one for the team there.

We were a bit disjointed and long ball in the first half but when we got it down and played second half we were the better team.

Think a draw was a fair results. Don't think the referee had a great game but he got no help from either of the two assistants. Imo the meadow fans need to live in the here and now and realise that the opponents are allowed to make a challenge and not every foul is a yellow card.

totally agree it seems that the loudest scream gets the most attention these days (personally I call it cheating) but he-ho that's why we have class officials

Several Troon players made cynical and at times brutal challenges AFTER being booked. How they finished with 11 players I don't know. Probably the same reason Murch didn't walk. Haswell is trying to control the game with yellow cards but hasn't the bottle to send someone off. Yet another terrible referee at this level. They really need to spend more time at lower levels before Premier. They then go to SPFL whilst yet to reach the required standard at Junior.

To be fair would anyone want to be a ref at this level. We don't have enough refs at the moment that's why no assistants in District League. The ref on Saturday is nowhere near the worse ref I have seen this season.

Before the game I`m sure Troon would`ve taken a draw, however after the game they must have been miffed at not bagging all 3 points. Without the lad McCann the Meadow are a very ordinary side from what I saw on Saturday, that lad is class and got a deserved goal and would`ve been my man of the match. Collectively Troon were the better side though and as I said must be ruing not taking all 3 points from their possession and chances in the second half (one off the post and two really good chances for Dale Moore). Not having Neil McGowan available was a real miss for them on Saturday as I`m sure McCann wouldn`t have got the chance for his goal as hesitation from the LB gave him the chance to get the shot away. Troon are a CB and 2 CM`s away from being a good side at this level

Archived