Junior Cup Semi Final Draw

archieb

between starter and main

Brilliant!

Just a word on those who think this is a great idea. I have always thought that making the draw at a Social Club is the way forward. The fans are the ones who deserve to see it as they promote the game far more than any media or sponsor has.As it is the fans have more of a chance to break into Fort knox than sneak a peak at the Cup draw. And with 2 days to go still no kick off time? do the media that this event will attract according to those above have to set up camp outside?

If a social Club isnt the answer then what was to stop them making the draw live at half time tonight? or prerecord it with a crowd and make it look like live!

anyway here is the draw. Auchinleck v Musselburgh, Linlithgow v Hurlford.

Not going to make either match as my work mates have requested both weekends off as the matches fall on an Edinburgh derby and Hibs getting pumped in a semi final.

Finally, I bet the lass from Emirates is spitting feathers at missing out on a cushty stay at the Marr Hall eh!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant!

Just a word on those who think this is a great idea. I have always thought that making the draw at a Social Club is the way forward. The fans are the ones who deserve to see it as they promote the game far more than any media or sponsor has.As it is the fans have more of a chance to break into Fort knox than sneak a peak at the Cup draw. And with 2 days to go still no kick off time? do the media that this event will attract according to those above have to set up camp outside?

If a social Club isnt the answer then what was to stop them making the draw live at half time tonight? or prerecord it with a crowd and make it look like live!

anyway here is the draw. Auchinleck v Musselburgh, Linlithgow v Hurlford.

Not going to make either match as my work mates have requested both weekends off as the matches fall on an Edinburgh derby and Hibs getting pumped in a semi final.

Finally, I bet the lass from Emirates is spitting feathers at missing out on a cushty stay at the Marr Hall eh!

Agree to some extent with the cry for draws to be made at a Social club in earlier rounds but the semi final draw is different. Only holds real tangible interest for four clubs and will be done and dusted in a heartbeat. For a non-junior fan it still stands up as spectacle though.

No, for me, this is a good move, although I do like the idea of having it televised during half time tonight. Suspect that would be a tall order to sort out however.

Yip, making the draw in a Junior social club on a Friday afternoon would be very high profile. Four pensioners nursing three pints of Tartan Special between them, teeth oot, and a mangy dog as the audience. Give the Junior FA a wee bit of credit here for trying to get a bit of free publicity. Believe it or not, the vast majority of the papers and the TV couldn't give a tinker's cuss about the Junior Cup; it's a struggle to get them interested in anything other than the Old Firm and Scotland.

Or maybe utilising the Scotland squad to help make the draw is an astute bit of business by the sjfa to maximise publicity for this level of the game.

Going by previous draws - it will be done after the Northern Ireland game tonight and announced on Friday after most folk have heard anyways.

Agree to some extent with the cry for draws to be made at a Social club in earlier rounds but the semi final draw is different. Only holds real tangible interest for four clubs and will be done and dusted in a heartbeat. For a non-junior fan it still stands up as spectacle though.

No, for me, this is a good move, although I do like the idea of having it televised during half time tonight. Suspect that would be a tall order to sort out however.

Yup,it's a problem of logistics as I understand that the BBC Alba camera crew is already committed to the coverage of a pretty important ceilidh which will be taking place in Fraserburgh Town Hall at around the same time,jimbo. :(

What you do is stand behind the presenters at half time against glass and hold up the team names!

This is roughly how that would look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_acGlWZ9mU

Guest brycey

Could someone please translate the above?

kin u no read like lol always loved the 1 off game in the semis wae extra time n penalties hate the format as it is now its a feckin joke tbh the sjfa fecked up big time oan this will do the final as its a one off though

Guest brycey

Latest odds from William Hill are:

Auchinleck Talbot 11/8

Hurlford United 5/2

Linlithgow Rose 5/2

Musselburgh Athletic 8/1

guid odds there n whit a line up mon the hurlford

The final can't be played at Rugby Park as it's a G4 surface ...any Scottish final whether junior amateur or Senior has to be played on grass ...that's the rules ... last year rugby park was grass but was changed in the off season to astro turf G4 ... love street is big possibility ..

Archived