Gartcairn Juniors

rtg1971

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the old red ash pitch at the sports centre? Played the old Airdrie Supporters team a few times there, including a game in goal in a 2-2 draw :P

Good luck. Airdrie need a team playing at a decent level.

• 3 weeks later...

4G will never be the surface of choice, having come through all artificial surfaces and been brought up on red blaze parks, there is nothing to beat grass the "natural surface" 3G/4G are what they are good for training, bad for running on, no true bounce to the ball add wind it then becomes a farcical surface, good because they have lights to accommodate busy schedules and later starts fot training on. I watch an Spfl league match last Thursday when the away team were frightened of the surface and stuttered into tackles. Not the future for me grass ya bass.

lol Argus i take your point completely however to play good football needs a good park, the majority of grass parks are not great due to our weather etc. im just happy to know the game is going ahead rain hail or shine and at least its flat.

#4Gfamily

lol Argus i take your point completely however to play good football needs a good park, the majority of grass parks are not great due to our weather etc. im just happy to know the game is going ahead rain hail or shine and at least its flat.

Most parks are poor and yes your right games go ahead on 3d or 4d parks , teams can get the ball down and play on a good flat surface, and fans would enjoy it more as well..(Snowing in April ) 4g all the way!!!

Archived