The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Big Mick was always a class act at Dumbarton. Decent player, decent guy and if I remember correctly he had the tough job of taking over the captaincy after the untimely death of Gordon Lennon.

Looking forward to giving this a listen.

Before we finished on Monday night, he spoke for about 25 minutes about his two years at the Rock. The stuff about Gordon Lennon's death is really quite powerful. That'll come out next week in part two.

The big man's coming back in on Tuesday next week to record the rest of it but he's such a talker I think it might take three goes to get it all finished.

Hi lads, here's part two of our interview with Mick Dunlop.

CLICK

He talks about his two years at Dumbarton, his nightmare season at Alloa Athletic, and his spells with Brechin City and Stranraer.

Like, share, subscribe and leave a comment, I really like that kind of thing.

20 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Hi lads, here's part two of our interview with Mick Dunlop.

CLICK

He talks about his two years at Dumbarton, his nightmare season at Alloa Athletic, and his spells with Brechin City and Stranraer.

Like, share, subscribe and leave a comment, I really like that kind of thing.

I really enjoyed both parts. Two and a half hours and not even finished yet. That boy can't half talk!

Just now, microdave said:

I really enjoyed both parts. Two and a half hours and not even finished yet. That boy can't half talk!

I haven't started on part three yet - his four years at Albion Rovers and last season with Stenhousemuir - but it's sitting at 105 minutes.

Over four hours of premium audio content at no charge - you cannot argue with that.

I haven't started on part three yet - his four years at Albion Rovers and last season with Stenhousemuir - but it's sitting at 105 minutes.
Over four hours of premium audio content at no charge - you cannot argue with that.

Aye we love you for it tho Cesc.

Listened to it driving through Edinburgh rush hour traffic tonight, his tone and stories eased a very stressful journey.

Hello lads, here's the final part of the Pelé Podcast starring Mick Dunlop.

CLICK

I think it's the best episode we've done so far. Some brilliant memories in here from his time at Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir. The best bit is his memories from the game against Rangers, in my opinion.

I hope you like it.

Hello lads, here's the final part of the Pelé Podcast starring Mick Dunlop.
CLICK
I think it's the best episode we've done so far. Some brilliant memories in here from his time at Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir. The best bit is his memories from the game against Rangers, in my opinion.
I hope you like it.

Very enjoyable yet again FF. The boy loves a Chinese.

Finally got round to listening to the first two parts on the commute to and from Uni today. Great work as always @Francesc Fabregas - you weren't kidding when you said the part where Mick talks about Gordon Lennon's death was emotional. The ten or 15 minute chunk between the open top bus parade down Castle Road and meeting Gordon's Dad at Cliftonhill genuinely occupied my mind all day. 

I'm not an emotional person at all, but the bit about the armband (I'm being as vague as possible here, because people really need to give it a listen) was especially powerful. 

All three of these were superb. From an Alloa point of view, always interesting to get another insight into what went wrong in 2010/2011, but Mick speaks so well that the whole lot is fascinating, even if your own club isn't involved. Powerful stuff on Gordon Lennon. 

Mick has always been a cracking player and comes across as a really sound guy too. The Chinese diet obviously works. Top work once more from FF. 

Hi lads, this is a good podcast with former Queen's Park, Queen of the South and Falkirk forward David Weatherston.

Weatherston is someone I wanted to record a show with for a long time so I was delighted to get the chance to sit down with him last week. We spoke for almost five hours and we'll probably release it in five parts.

In part one, he talks about his nine years at Queen's Park, from joining the club as a boy to leaving them after winning promotion to the Second Division. Some great stuff in here that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

CLICK

No idea how I've just started listening to these  - I read the Twitter page - but anyhoos,  listened to four of these over the weekend(Irons, Denholm, Docherty and Scott McLaughlin)  and probably blitz the lot over the next months.

These interviews are really, really good! Honestly man, great work and if there's a fundraiser/patreon etc I'd be more than willing to chuck in a few cash.

Fired these on to my pal (a Hibee) who said "really good, like the Scottish lower league Joe Rogan" :lol:

Alright lads, here's part three of our interview with Davie Weatherston.

CLICK

This episode focuses exclusively on his time with Queen of the South. Although his three years there were up and down, there's plenty of detail and insight into the player and the club.

Not to be missed!

Here's part four of the Pelé Podcast starring David Weatherston - CLICK

This episode focuses on his time at Falkirk. Some really funny stories in here, brilliant stuff from the big man again.

Kejan, best of luck with your FM game. You will need it. Sign some defenders.