The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

Interesting listening through the older pods. Davie Irons was good but man he's away with it when it comes to the Gretna situation. Apparently we were all just jealous and the money had nothing to do with winning the leagues it was just down to them signing "ambitious players", and we've to look at Rangers as an example of how money doesn't always buy success. Aye Davie, ambitious, that's it. And we were all hefty jealous of your club signing players from one or two divisions above, playing in front of a couple of hundred fans spending miles beyond your means before your inevitable implosion. Green with envy pal. 

Downloaded a few for a long haul. Really enjoyable and interesting listening to guys like Bobby Barr on there thoughts and talking about incidents we talk about.
If you get round and decide to talk to a manager I wouldn't mind listening to Dick Campbell. Might be a long interview mind.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Hefty enjoyed the Steven Canning pod, he seems like a top bloke and a good laugh. Desperately disappointed by the Bobby Mann one though, he was nowhere near as good as I thought he'd be, quite repetitive answers. Can't all be winners.

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Hefty enjoyed the Steven Canning pod, he seems like a top bloke and a good laugh. Desperately disappointed by the Bobby Mann one though, he was nowhere near as good as I thought he'd be, quite repetitive answers. Can't all be winners.

Aye, big Bobby's didn't go as well as I would have hoped. Nice guy but he seemed quite reserved with his answers. Pretty sure that was the last time we interviewed someone over the phone.

Stevie Canning's was brilliant, top boy and a great laugh. Loved everything about it. Great stories.

Another week, another podcast with a lower-league hero - this time it's Neil Parry.

In the first of two parts, the big man talks about his early steps in junior football before looking back at his two years at Queen's Park and his two years at Albion Rovers.

It's not quite on Paddy Boyle's level but it's still good fun all the same.

CLICK

Been making my way through the back catalogue of these in the last week's commute to work.

The Gemmell and Boyle interviews have been personal favourites.

Davie Irons actually referring to the Gretna situation as 'it had nothing to do with the money' was incredible. I wouldn't have been able to contain my laughter had I been the interviewer.

On 08/06/2018 at 20:39, Ludo*1 said:

Jocky Scott would be ideal.

I’m no sure if cesc could handle two hours with a semi clad lunatic talking about jet packs, his granny (RIP) and the Jon Bon jovies. Teckle. 

John Gemmells was brilliant, he seems like some boy. That's me caught up including the Neil Parry one which was class. Happy to contribute some hard earned WADS of cash to yourself and anyone helping you a la The Terrace to ensure these are kept going by the way!

Here's the second part of our interview with Neil Parry - CLICK.

This episode covers the last three years of his career, from his season at Airdrieonians (and he talks at length about watching them as a boy) to his two years at Alloa Athletic, culminating in his play-off win last month.

Smash that MF subscribe button, please.

12 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Like someone saying "pars" and not ending with "c**t"

Very weak. Try using "debt cheats" or some incest-related gag next time.

Neil Parry comes across as a good guy. Although it's telling how many of the players mention "the heads went down" when they discuss defeats. People shouldn't downplay how important the mental side of the game is.

I listened to all the old shows when they first came out and I think Steven Canning was my favourite. I knew almost nothing about him beforehand but it was a class interview.

On 13/06/2018 at 00:23, parsforlife said:

It's a bit before my time but hearing someone mention john Martin without immediately following it up with SCAB was a bit strange. Never heard anyone talk of him positively before.

You've lead a sheltered life son.

Maybe you should delve into the history books and update your knowledge, and while you are at it, have a look at Norrie McCathies life profile before putting your misguided quotes in print!

1 hour ago, Rio 2 said:

You've lead a sheltered life son.

Maybe you should delve into the history books and update your knowledge, and while you are at it, have a look at Norrie McCathies life profile before putting your misguided quotes in print!

You ok m8? Do you not think  its  abit odd to bring up Norrie Mccathie here?